Things I learned : Swingers Discussion 455781021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThings I learned
TOPIC: Things I learned
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
User Details are only visible to members.
Toyz & Atown:

"Thanks!"

Good to see that someone else checked to see if their wallet was missing after that Hallmark-worthy group hug.

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
Perfect--Do you know me personally to base your judgement on me? YOU are making your own perception of what I write are you not? What is the difference from what I am doing to what you are doing? Enlighten me on how to take her post. Have I read all 3000 of her posts, I doubt it but I have read enough to be able to base my opinion on her and her actions. Just as I have read enough of you and Curious' post to base an opinion. Are you telling me I'm wrong for how I perceive you, her and anyone else? If so so be it, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and I will be the first to admit it. I've never claimed to be perfect, no where in my name do you see perfect. Nor do I have the answers to all things. I do know when I see a double standard taken place. Guess I just got tired of reading things and not saying nothing. Will my life change because I posted on this? I seriously doubt it. Will I lose sleep at night worrying that certain individuals are upset with my comments? Probably not. My life only changes by this because I'm on the computer more, after a while it will wear off and I'll be back to my usual routine. I just find it funny that people allow one to do things and nothing is questioned but when others do it becomes an issue for many. And no I am not referring to me. It happens all the time. For you guys the "regular posters" you tend to jump on the new people posting, be it a single guy, newbie couple whatever it may be who may have a difference of opinion. Then there are those who can't be civil to save their lives. They can't post something without being sardonic/sarcastic. Then there are those who are self righteous, claim to let things wash away but with their own little neuance to make a point. Claiming they have nothing bad to say about anyone yet are doing it by their very post. Do I need to know someone personally to base an impression on them through this medium? No! But over a period of time a trend develops and makes it easy to form a conclusion. My conclusion may differ from yours and yours from another. Guess that is part of what makes us human. Does that make ones conclusion right over anothers? No! In this thread, in my opinion there was one objective and it was not to clear the air. I feel that it was meant to take jabs at some and rub salt into the wounds of others. I very well could be wrong but there is only one person who can truly answer that. And even if they did, how would we know it was truthful? I know that benefit of the doubt. Guess I'm just jaded.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
What amazing to me in this whole ordeal is that there are so many perfect people on this site. Thank God I can say with honesty, I am not one of them and I make mistakes all the time. As I stated in another post, has anyone ever heard the saying "Let it Go"? By letting go, forgiveness comes naturally, but I must be the only person on earth that knows this fact. Maybe that is why I have nothing derrogatory to say about anyone or anything. Geez, maybe by next week, everything can go back to at least having some fun and playful conversations, this has gotten way out of hand. Very sad. Being positive and turning your cheek wipes out all negative things, and I for one am and will continue to thrive off of the positive. I learned to let go, anyone else want to try?

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
Interesting you brought that up Toyz, I was thinking the same thing. In my opinion it takes a bigot to know a bigot. There have been many who were "flamed" because of where they live, how they look, their weight, the fact they are hair folicle challenged. But these things just seem to pass buy all those that were so offended by what has transpired this past week.

I don't think any of you really thought that Poly would never return. A person who has 3000 posts (give or take) will not be able to stay away for any period of time. A person as "passionate" as Poly could not keep herself away from the something like this.

What I learned from her post here is that she is a very self absorbed person and she finds the wrong in everyone else but does not look in the mirror at herself. In this post she was able to find the ability to still criticize those who she does not like. Is Mike a saint, or Nofun? By no means, and that label does not fall to Poly either. There is a lot of animosity here and she is accountable for it as much as the next person. And no I do not feel that its all her fault things turned out the way they did. It is the fault of all the posters here for allowing things to get out of hand.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
All I can say is WOW! With being so busy packing and having a yard sale this last week and a half, I guess I missed alot. I am not sure exactly what has happened, and don't think I want to know. Forums are for opinions of all, not just a few. It is NOT however a place to come in and bash peoples heritage or religion. If it were your heritage/ religion, you would not want someone attacking it. We are all equal in the way that the man upstairs made us.(my belief anyways) Poly~ Welcome back... I would have missed your posts tremendously! I like your style!(not to mention I think you and hubby are HOT!) LOL! Chel

Piedmont SC
Username hidden
(273 posts)
Yep, know what you mean. It sucks to think you have developed relationships with people (even online), just to have that all taken away in one topic. I have had that happen. Lurking for a while sure can open your eyes to people.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17951 posts)
Welcome home honey. Life's lessons are something you embrace and learn from, no matter how bad or good they are. Your father and husband hit the nail on the head and that's all I can say. I am glad to see you here.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
poly .we have always maintained that we have friends that are true friends that we can count on our hands at the most.Others we call acquantances, the term of friend in any kind of setting is way over used. In a swing site a friend is a person who may have sex but once they say no then they are no longer are viable.A friend is not someone you meet only at a swing club or at parties. Internet friend to me is the craziest friend of all. You do not see them in person, you can not see the looks or what is really meant in a thread. When you are gone for a certain amount of time they say hey we mised you but in all that time you are gone is there an email or even a phone call to say hi how are you doing?Not a friend. A friend is one you can count on,and they can count on you.one where moods mean nothing just another day. Where opinions are just that , you can argue and 5 minutes later its done. Good luck.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Wellcome back Poly There is a lot of sensless hate in this world. I feel that most in here that got caught up in it aren't hatefull, jus not carefull enough. Michael, thank you for those links, it really opened mye eyes. I knew the hate was out there, but we keep ourselves shielded from it. I had really forgotten jus how ugly & viciuos it really is. You are both right, what happened in 1930s germany is happening here now, for the same reason, because we allow it. Poly, I'm sorry this happened to you, I didn't totally grasp what was goin on at first, or mebby I coulda done more to stop it, I only frequent a handfull of forum topics. Michael, thankyou for the look at the beast, I needed that. I was startin to wonder why people jus don't let things roll off 'em. Now I remember why some things jus don't roll.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Welcome back Poly - we did miss you (hugs and kisses)

Fran (and Dave)

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
TOPIC: Things I learned