They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway : Swingers Discussion 214486
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThey say the neon lights are bright on Broadway
TOPIC: They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway
Created by: just_curious66
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I spent 27 years in NYC. I should know, don't you think? ;)

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Thanks Peg, we are not there yet, we are going up on the 8th & 9th of Feb. We will definitely take the Quik Park idea into account. . The hotel offers valet parking for $46 a day, so to save time, we may just go with that option since it is not much of a price difference than the Quik Park...depending on which one you use.

Sed, you could be tour guide for Manhattan...you gave a lot of very nice suggestions for places to check out...we just might print it out for reference. You seem to know that city better than we know our own town that only has 5 streets and 15 blocks ;-)

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
sorry - one of the least expensive in the city.

Ocean City NJ

Username hidden
(4892 posts)
I am not sure if you are already there, but if not I have two suggestions:

Park your car in Weehawkin and take the ferry to Manhattan. The parking is cheaper, and the ferry is fun. You can get a cab or walk to TS(6 blocks) if you like to walk and have a suitcase with wheels.

If you do not want to do that, you can take the Lincoln Tunnel and when you emerge follow the traffic to the left, continue driving straight and you will literally run into one of the city. I think that it on 11th. Go to Quik Park - West Side and you will find it. You can also print coupons. Have Fun

Ocean City NJ

Username hidden
(4892 posts)
LOL...I do try to keep my man happy

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Anything? Talk about above and beyond the call of duty. What a woman. :-D

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Thank you for the wonderful suggestions...we are going up early Friday, see some sights and nightlife then show is Saturday, grabbing supper then heading home

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Parking in NYC (unless you're local, and even then we prefer public transportation; subway, buses etc..)is a major problem. Cabs are challenging unless you're a New Yorker, then you just push the fucker that is in your way to the road, and hop in the cab that they stopped ;).

If I'm not mistaken Rock of Ages is at the Helen Hayes theater. Which is around 44th Street, like 9th avenue, which is Hell's Kitchen. If money isn't an object, I'd check out Ça Va, Todd English restaurant, SUPERB! I can not recommend it enough. It's French. We like Amarone for Italian, it's approximately 3 blocks up (47th street and 9th) VERY reasonable, and very good. Sardi's like Nic suggested is great too, it's around the Port Authority area (44th and 8th). Most restaurants that I listed require reservations.

What to do in NYC. Remember, EVERYTHING is walkable. Wear comfortable shoes. Places to checkout:

Museums galore, museum of Natural History, 200 Central Park West(Uptown: about 7 or 8 blocks from Guggenheim which is located on 89th and 5th).

Museum of Modern Art (MoMa)is on 53rd, between 5th and 6th Ave.

The Empire State Building is on 34th street and 5th.

Rockefeller center is between 48th and 51streets on 5th avenue across the street from St.Patrick's Cathedral, which is gorgeous. Walk over to 8th avenue and 51st, hop on the E train to WTC (World Trade Center), it's like a 12 minute ride, get off at World Trade Center, and check it out. From there you can walk to Wall Street to check out the NY Stock Exchange, and from there walk to Canal street (China town)...that is an experience all on it's own, see if you can make it for Dim Sum (they only serve it until 3:30pm).

From there, I'd walk to Greenwich Village via Little Italy. Greenwich Village; Go to Christopher street and check out a store called The Leatherman. Check out the scenery and all the freaks ;). The later the hour, the more freaks are out. Id' stop at the Caliente Cab Company on 7th for some ridiculously good Margaritas.

Remember, NYC is walkable! hubby and I do it regularly!

Good luck and enjoy!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
LOL...ok we have never tried an SB before, but always willing to try something a least once.

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Did not know this...but after seeing the tickets..he can have anything he wants, whenever he wants and however he wants. Of course after being in the LS there is not to many things we have not tried. LOL

Shamokin PA

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway