Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum They're Baaaaack
TOPIC: They're Baaaaack
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Any of your homes under attack by stink bugs?

Listening to any remedies commercial or homemade.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hey Wayne! (profile review)

I don't think we have to tell each other EVERYthing! ;-) :-)

Those things are nasty, nasty, nasty.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
My best advice is three fold.

1) keep the house as clean as humanly possible... Develop OCD to achieve this level of inhuman cleanness. 2) get house cats which enjoy eating bugs... Or at the least killing them. (general pest control) 3) get spiders. Typically most of our pest enter through our basement... 9.9/10 do not make it past our loyal spider guards who stand vigil at the windows and basement doors. (salutes their never ending watch)

Beyond this, having walls insulated with a kind of insulation which bugs hate, keeps them out of the house. Use a sealant to seal holes and or voids in the walls. Keep the house closed up and food inside sealed containers.

From what I can tell, they do not like the cold weather of PA... So I am lucky in this reguards, these solutions which I have presented may not work in areas more infested. Additionally, around my house, we have concrete or asphalt... The dirt starts about three feet from my house. I am sure that this has helped us keep the bugs away from our home, as food sources are further away from our windows and doors. (food being grass, other bugs, weeds, ect.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7704 posts)
"I ate a stink bug once."

Ya know, that doesn't really surprise me. :)

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I ate a stink bug once. They taste as bad as they smell!

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
====="I wonder why a bug zapper doesn't work? ====="

Maybe they're smarter than the average bug(?).

Here's a thought ... how about those sticky traps for mice? Another idea is those old-time sticky fly strips that hang down from the ceiling? You could drive long nails or pegs in the earth or do something else for patios and unwind those things in coils horizontally like concertina wire about an inch off the ground around the perimeter of the house. Put strips of them on window sills. They'd get caught up in that and you'd just have to pick them out and toss them in a bucket of soapy water every day. Sounds like a lot of work, though. Plus the odor...ughh.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Thanks for the replies. Trying the Febreeze thing right now. Saw a local news report on various traps you can purchase. Some had a black light to attract them. I wonder why a bug zapper doesn't work?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
They aren't in my home but they are all over my screens. I'll try that Febreeze trick!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
=======Melvin B., "I threw them in the microwave! One at a time as they were found; ten seconds on high and those fuckers flipped over on their backs with their legs sticking straight up! .......... I'd say pretty damn good for nuking those sons of bitches!"======

"Ve vill shoot ALL uff you ... seferal TIMES!!!" YOW!! I feel your pain!! It's probably a damn good thing the neighbor's poodle hasn't pissed you off yet!! ;-) How'd that microwave smell after that? :-b

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
====SED4TWO We have a four season's contract, and they do come out when I call, but there is not a damn thing they can do for stink bugs. .......solved the problem when we put the fireplace on. But exterminators can not do anything for these bugs."=======

Gosh, I had no idea that the bug guys couldn't put up a spray barrier and take them out !!! :-O But, being a guy, I'd try the boric acid powder and the "puffer" applicator anyway (and then go, "gollll-eeee" when it didn't work). Sounds like the vacuum is the only sure way (that and the fire), but what a pain.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
No, I put the fireplace on and did away with the entire colony. But when I read that you place them in the same place where you place your food, the next step would be to serve them. I've never placed bugs where our food goes. Please let us know how it goes.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: They're Baaaaack