The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage : Swingers Discussion 1899711071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThe Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 587   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If you have 10-ply tires and are airing them up to about 75, you must be putting some hellacious weight on them to make them bulge.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10798 posts)
Good I never had the problem until Now, I See it when I have weight on it , the tire touch on the bottom, where they bulge from the weight.

We figure I need minimum 1/4". but I ordered 1/2" to be sure. I can run the truck but have to watch about DOT checks since It can get me red-flagged. So I am going to my 3/4 ton until I get the wheel spacers in.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
Of all the dual wheeled vehicles I've owned, I have never heard of or experienced tires rubbing against each other. But they were all Fords...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Tire shops are tire shops. Sometimes they forget that!

When in doubt just stop in here and most of your questions can be answered or at least, most of us can point you in the right direction.

Keep us posted on your progress.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
Thanks I see that, I am forwarding them to the shop I deal with so they can order them for me....

From what they said they can get spacers if we can find them and even if they had to put longer studs in it would be cheaper than 1.5 tires....

I hate going to places that just want a person to just buy new because they are selling a product.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
Went out and dug out wheel spacers... the 1/4" ones I have are 5 & 6 lug dual pattern. Not enough meat there so I can drill them out for 8 lug. Sorry about that. Found some at trailsport4x4 dot com that should be the right fitment for your application. $65, not a bad price for a machined spacer imo. And yes, washers would be a bad bad idea.

Tomball TX
Username hidden
(51 posts)
SA- The repair shop has a machine shop that can do it but they said it may be cheaper if I could buy the Spacers already made. I am searching now.

thanks for the help, One person who over heard the conversation mentioned just placing washers between the wheels, My shop Told me not to even think about it.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
8 lug Chevrolet, I figured as such SA, The one shop was all about New tire new tire new tires...... I have another 2 years planned for them, I have them rotated every oil change to keep the wear even. The mechanic who services it bitches about it because the tires are heavy But I pay for it, I have the tires marked when I drop off to be sure they are rotated.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
What is the bolt pattern on your truck? Might have what you need laying around in the garage.

Tomball TX
Username hidden
(51 posts)
Do a web search in 4x4 magazines and manufacturing shops. They do this all the time and suppliers are out there for just about anything automotive. Kinda scary that a tire shop would offer such a service as, machining a part.

Go online and get one from a supplier that makes them. Might save your life!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 587   End
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage