The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage : Swingers Discussion 18997110471
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThe Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
GoTo Page: Less ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... More 
Start   471 to 480 of 579   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I would do a voltage drop on both the ground circuit and the positive,to do a voltage drop you would put a dvom (digital volt ohm meter)set meter on v take while the car is running and all consumers on,put one lead (dosent matter which youll have either a + or - will mean the same thing)put that lead to the place where alt positive lead is attached at the alt and the other to the battery.The reading on the dvom should be less than a volt any reading on the meter + or - indicates that ammount of voltage loss on that circuit.Do the same from both alternator case to - battery post and neg battery post to the place where cable is connected at the block.

Downingtown PA

Username hidden
(1119 posts)
04 Pontiac Montana  14.2 volts under load Battery light and idiot lights come on at idle, headlights would start to dim. Alternator made a clicking sound and appeared to be arcing within the windings. Basically appears to be a short in the system, but he has no idea where to start!

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
SA check for shorts, I have had this problem pop up a couple times with tractors after about 500K. Every time I found a short in the wiring. Finding the short before it fries the computer is essential.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Thanks

I'll post the data here and you can check in after you get settled in from vacation.

Appreciate the help and will check volts and amp with system under load.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
I would first reveify I have 13+ volts at Idle with all your consumers on,many of the cars of today use the pcm to regulate charging.Without the make model & year it's pretty hard to shed light on it.I'd be more than happy to help if I can although I am leaving on vacation tommorrow and will be away from my alldata, there is still the tech network and of course we go nowhere whithout our puters anymore :-)

Downingtown PA

Username hidden
(1119 posts)
UGO

I'm glad to see you here being an actual ASE cert.

I need some assistance with a mini van that has a charging problem. I'll get the make model in a day or so. The dang thing belongs to a friend and is his wife's daily driver. The first time it left her stranded due to a dead battery while driving in traffic.. Battery was replaced along with alternator, but problem repeated itself within 2 days and this time, both battery and alternator are dead.

I know that if it's man made or new, anything can be a manufacturer defect, but......

Is it likely just a faulty supplier of parts or should we dig deeper?

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
So offered free professional advise you are snippy,I would tell you where too stick it but thats against the rules.:-(

Downingtown PA

Username hidden
(1119 posts)
"How on earth did you read treadwear diagnostics as a political stance."

It wasn't my question. So referring to my occupation and my truck was incorrect. And inappropriate.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17220 posts)
And a happy one to you as well,I have no disposible consumers as my location sucks for most part and is awesome in other ways.I developed a mutual trust relationship with my customers and it has worked for me in this place, I still have a relationship with the first customer that came thru my door.I am sure I am not the most profitable shop nor the least but I sleep well and dont lose customers over ethics issues,If I lose them they moved or died for the most part.

Downingtown PA

Username hidden
(1119 posts)
Or how does it work heat? You need to help me out on that one,what is is obd2?

Downingtown PA

Username hidden
(1119 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... More 
Start   471 to 480 of 579   End
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage