Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 587   End
User Details are only visible to members.
;-)<br />

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1128 posts)
08' Jeep Sahara JK 3.8L. Has a constant ticking sound in motor..replaced lifters, push rods, fuel injectors, checked exhaust manifolds they are not cracked..motor not loosing power, runs fine..Ticking does quiet down some after motor warms up..running 10w/30 oil..purerlator filter..any ideas guys..thanks Steve.

Covington GA
Username hidden
(29 posts)
Def brine eats anything metal including plugs on a plow truck pecause in plowing the plow throws the slushy briny shit up the sides of the block and on the plugs.Now on a Ford triton engine it is a design flaw, they have a really long plug that gets carbon build up on threads that stick below the threaded portion of the head and into the combustion chamber.That add to the fact it is the thinnest plug (only a 9/16" head) you take them loose the carbon jams the threads and plugs break..Special tools are made for removal .

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1128 posts)
No I was told it was corrosion due to or caused by the Calcium chloride that is used to pretreat the roads locally, I didn't have the issue prior to the use started @ 5 years ago....<br /> it is very corrosive.<br /> the plug ends ( nut) were gone on 2 of them completely, they cut a grove into the stud at the base of the clock and used a screw driver to work it out he said

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
So regularly breaking plugs is acceptable? I was a State Inspection/Emissions mechanic back in the 70's-90's when I lived in Philly. Don't remember breaking that many plugs.

Is it a design problem? I will say this, my Sierra had a plug thread strip out at about 240K. Is it because of the Aluminium heads?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
Toledo, My mechanic can, I usually Break things I touch when I work on any of my vehicles....<br /> It is cheaper for me to have most things done by them in the long run

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
If you break the base, you can always drill it out and heli-coil it but that's a pain in the ass.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1440 posts)
The base is the part you worry about breaking and what gets costly.But yes he was fair on labor time.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1128 posts)
he said they had to Litteraly break away the ceramic from the plugs to remove the base's He gave me the remenants of them..<br /> I thought he was fair

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
Your tech treated you right only 3 hours for a tune with even one plug broken off then.When tuninghe triton engines on fors plugs break regularly and there are tools made to remove them.I havent looked but I imagine labor time for a full service on that truck would be 2.5 hrs anyway.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1128 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 587   End
TOPIC: The Unofficial Busted Knuckle Garage