The Third Person : Swingers Discussion 43129
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThe Third Person
TOPIC: The Third Person
Created by: makingfriends
Original Starting post for this thread:
We're new here ( as if you can't tell with the whole 9 posts...) and most certainly do not want to offend anyone. We have looked at tons of profiles and have found one thing very curious. Why do people write about themselves and refer to themselves in the "third person"? Example...He likes, She is.... We're wondering if it's because people are using their profiles sort of like a resume or if it gives them some kind of detachment? Would love to hear some insight....Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Ours is third person for the reasons stated- the whole idea of it being about both of us without identifying which one did the writing.

I've seen profiles that were clearly written by one half, such as, "I like blah blah blah...he's into yadda yadda yadda..." I sometimes get the feeling from those that one is more into swinging than the other- not a valid assumption, I know, but it's the impression that style leaves for me.

I've also seen them written in first person where each takes a turn writing about themselves, i.e. "I (L.) am a tall brunette etc, etc.....And I (C.) am an athletic guy..." Those ones seem more balanced to me.

There is ALSO the variation I've seen where each write about the other. For example, "L says: 'I think that C. is the sexiest man alive, I love it when he....'" "C says: 'And I think L. is the hottest woman on the planet...'" Those can be kind of cute.

There, clear as mud?

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Thank everyone for clearing this up.....we just feel that a profile should be personal and will just hold off on the he is and she is......it's just not us....and as a newbee it just feels a little impersonal to us, but i guess that is what makes us different....no fun if everyone's the same:) Thanks again for posting a response.

Dodgeville WI
Username hidden
(21 posts)
making friends . hello and welcome. been away for a week and arrived home today. Have never given this much thought before today, but in lieu of using your name, he she sounds is fine. can always use hers and his......

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
I, Carla had to go back and read our profile to see how it read as it has been a while since we made changes...

Whewwwwww we say most of as WE are this and WE are into that except for when it comes to the description. We refer to He is.....and She is.

But I suppose as you are writing your profile it is usually one or the other writing and you forget that this is a couples profile. So I think it is just how it is written and not meant to be anything improper or misleading.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(392 posts)
Putting in first person without specifying who is doing the righting could be down right confusing. lol Zo

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
We're new here ( as if you can't tell with the whole 9 posts...) and most certainly do not want to offend anyone. We have looked at tons of profiles and have found one thing very curious. Why do people write about themselves and refer to themselves in the "third person"? Example...He likes, She is.... We're wondering if it's because people are using their profiles sort of like a resume or if it gives them some kind of detachment? Would love to hear some insight....Thanks!

Dodgeville WI
Username hidden
(21 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: The Third Person