The London Terror Attacks : Swingers Discussion 46909
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThe London Terror Attacks
TOPIC: The London Terror Attacks
Created by: BacchusnLadywife
Original Starting post for this thread:
How did they make you feel? I care very much for the people harmed and worry about the state of the world. But I don't feel any less safe today then I did last night. On the other hand I just got off the phone with a cousin in Buffalo who is feeling very paranoid and thinking she should cross the border to Canada for a few days. She's panicked we're next today.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Damn, looks like more today. So sad but at least as of now, way less casualties.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
All attacks cause the same behavior in me. I make sure every special person in my life knows it. The terror attacks cause me to act on my feelings.

Going back about your business is the best thing you can do. Resume life. They don't win.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
It just reinforces the reality that once again we are confronted with worldwide fascism, we are once again involved in a world war, and it will not be over until the fascists are annihilated, circa 1945.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3245 posts)
I reacted to the news early this morning, the same way I did on 9/11. I worked in the Trade Center in NYC when I lived in NJ, and since John's a Brit, we know people in London and have used the tubes frequently.

But after the initial shock and sadness, I've got a message for the terrorists: When you attacked the Trade Center and the Pentagon, the shock and fear you generated was huge. Why? Because the people in the United States had never been attacked on home soil, thus the reaction you sought, was far greater than even you had imagined. But you failed to take into account that American's are far more resilient than you gave us credit for. You also failed to realize that you'd shot your load on 9/11, since it cost you millions and many years to plan and it isn't something you can easily accomplish again. You made America grow up, and that can only work to your detriment.

You made the same mistake today. If you'd been reading your history books during secondary school, you would have found that the people of Great Britain have been there, done that, and have lots of T-shirts. Hitler tried to break the back of the British public during World War II. In fact, a lot of his unexploded bombs are still buried beneath buildings in London and its surrounding environs. Today, you decided to give it a try, thinking that you are far greater than Hitler because of your methods. You failed. You destroyed a couple of tube stations and a couple of buses...yes, you managed to kill a few innocent people (who knows, you might have killed sympathizers to your cause), but you didn't stop the summit. Neither did you stop Londoners from living. You failed, just as you failed on 9/11.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
it makes us feel really good that we do not live in a major city. Does it affect us here , no 911 did not affect us here. Will it make us change our way of traveling ,no It did make us see that the only way to make this kind of thing stop will be to cause so much devastation to an area that supports this kind of activity. What the mayor of London said really rings true. He told the people of England ,this was not a show or attack against the presidents,prime ministers,decisions that were made, but was an attack on common people. The people who were killed were common every day people who were innocent. The faceless,gutless terrorists

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
I definitely feel for them and hope that they never get an attack like 9/11. I don't live my life any different though. I don't let good people control me, I am sure as hell not going to let scum like these terrorists control me.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
My heart also goes out for any and all of these innocent people but like you Lady, I feel safe in this country as I always did, even after 911. If you fear these cowards (the terrorists) then they have won you as a person and will keep you fearing every day of your life. I refuse to live in fear of anyone or anything. Even though I try very hard to stay away from the topics about politics and religion, I believe this country, along with the entire planet is going to hell quickly and I also know that the non-practicing Catholic in me believes that when the higher powers pulls you number to check out of this life, it's not going to matter where you are, what you are doing, or how you go, it will be your time. I don't believe any governmental bodies can prevent terrorism fully and completely and unfortunately, the terrorists feel the need harm so many innocent people to try and prove their point and will keep doing so until caught or dead. I refuse to live in fear though and being the non-practicing Catholic, I still pray daily for peace on this earth someday.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
How did they make you feel? I care very much for the people harmed and worry about the state of the world. But I don't feel any less safe today then I did last night. On the other hand I just got off the phone with a cousin in Buffalo who is feeling very paranoid and thinking she should cross the border to Canada for a few days. She's panicked we're next today.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: The London Terror Attacks