The Dr Phil show : Swingers Discussion 41648101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumThe Dr Phil show
TOPIC: The Dr Phil show
Created by: GORNALINA
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just letting everyone know that Dr Robyn will be on the Dr Phil show thay will be giving their opinions on the life style on February 18th this is going to be interesting...

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually Carville and Matlin I can really respect. Two people who are completely different and can still make that work. How's that for the power of love? And you're right about Dr Phil marketing Dr Phil. I didn't mean to be at all political. I don't generally take sides. It's just odd sometimes how Dr Phil goes off on people when they haven't harmed him.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(80 posts)
You can be right in your politics and still enjoy fucking. You can go to church and swing.

Somehow we get these generalizations going, trying to make it an us and them thing, it's not. People define themselves and their culture. Here we tend to be defined as sexually open vs. some norm. That doesn't flow to politics being left or right, conservative or liberal.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(159 posts)
RRNW, I didn't mean to make fun of you. Just trying to be funny!

But you make a great point about people always telling us what to do and what not to do. Living in the DC metro area as I do, I've gotten used to everything being told with a "spin" to one side or the other.

Practically NOTHING gets told "straight up" without spin. Around DC, "good science" is defined as that which supports your agenda, and "bad science" is anything that doesn't support your agenda. So Congress has to search hard to find an honest scientist to decipher for them why this testimony or that testimony is correct or incorrect.

In all honesty, though, I think it's asking a lot of people to be "straight" about issues instead of spinning them. "Right" and "wrong" are imbedded in our subconscious from the time we are little children, and it's very, very hard to reject what you were taught by your parents, relatives, teachers, clergy, etc. for all your childhood and formative years. Even most of us who swing had to struggle with the "shoulds" and "ought tos" we were given as children. It's not easy to be accepting of others who are different, whether that difference is racial, cultural, the type of clothes we wear, the religion we practice - or don't practice any at all.

My former boss once showed me his lifetime membership cards in the National Rifle Association and the American Civil Liberties Union. Two organizations with such opposite political views would be hard to find. He said he supports them both so they can cancel each other out! LOL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Ohter than that, RRN, what do you think of American culture? LOL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
The thing I don't get about vanillas like Dr Phil is how he gets emotionally involved in the fact that other people swing. I don't get how other people's private lives can affect him so strongly. I mean, if this guy's gonna get yelled at for something, wouldn't you think it should be his WIFE who decides what is and is not acceptable or desireable in their marriage? It's this uniquely American thing, and it's not solely owned by one side of the political universe. The Right wingers want you to be required (or shamed into) to maintain a monogamous relationship for life with one person whom you will select for sexual compatibility at random with no knowledge beforehand. The Left wingers want to make sure that everyone is treated with respect in the bedroom (whether they want to be or not) and that everybody drives the right car and recycles their trash. It's all the same crap. Other people telling me who to screw, what car to drive, how to eat, whether to wear fur, go to church, recycle your aluminum, meat is murder, sex is for within marriage, don't say anything that would offend even the most hypersensitive douchebag. Don't mention differences between people. Don't smoke. Do this do that. Do any of you think that maybe we should (as Americans) abandon our political ambitions and just leave one another alone? Dr. Phil is just one more example of what's wrong with our society.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(80 posts)
Dr. Phil is so full of hostility and aggression HIMSELF that he could use therapy. He sounds like one of those sexually frustrated people who have a crappy or nonexistent sex life and then go bonkers over OTHER people having healthy, fulfilling sex lives!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I used to watch Dr Phil. I have heard him elude to the fact that marriage should be monogamous. So...I probably won't watch.

I like Sue Johanson on Talk Sex. She tells people how to find others in The Lifestyle. Go, Granny, Go!

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
yeah curious she sure does.Bizarre character, to anyone that has ever met her.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
she is not imrpressive at all and definitely one who should not be giving any insight to swinging .She is a marriage therapist who gained her diploma through the internet . Has been married 3 times and in the past several years has dated men until they have run out of money or paid for surgeries and houses. These things are public knowledge in the state of florida, has had a couple of yahoo sites dedicated to what she has done.She now sticks to conventions where they think she is more then she is. Still might be worth taking a peek with dr phil , I am surprised he would allow her to be on of his guests.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
I believe there are suppose to be at least one swinging couple on there. I have no idea who Dr. Robyn is and am curious myself. Dr. Phil comes on CBS.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17915 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: The Dr Phil show