Taking a Break------what does this mean : Swingers Discussion 44145101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumTaking a Break------what does this mean
TOPIC: Taking a Break------what does this mean
Created by: JandC
Original Starting post for this thread:
I see on tag lines all the time people "TAKING A BREAK"///and yet they are still on line. What exactly does taking a break mean? Is it not to go on swinger sites? Is it not playing any more? Is it not going to M&G and clubs? Is it making your priorities different? I understand that there are plenty of reason to take a break in this lifestyle as we all have to deal with other things in life besides swinging. HAVE YOU TAKEN A BREAK AND WHY? It would be interesting to see why couples decide to leave the lifestyle for a bit. Thanks...Carla
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
M~ Yes this is true =) but the man couldn't even use his fingers...lol! He hurt it that bad! Hugging hurt him...lol Anything but flat on his back where there wasn't a stitch of pressure was the only thing that worked. I thought about getting a swing, but he would have had to hold on...lmaooo! Chel

Piedmont SC

Username hidden
(273 posts)
A couple years ago Jim was totally out of commission for weeks due to knee surgery. For starters, he was in an immobilization device that went from his ankle to upper thigh. Extremely cumbersome. Additionally, he just couldn't handle any sort of jostling from a pain standpoint. We kept trying with me being very gentle but it was a good month before he could climax with me, let alone try anything with another lady who may not have been able to read him and be as considerate as I would naturally be with him.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
We're somewhat taking a break right now, in that we're really not actively seeking new friends nor easily agreeing to a meeting or even phone number exchange. This is caused by one too many totally unsatisfying experiences that has now resulted in a bit of burnout. But we don't have it posted because if we heard from a couple where we truly believed everything was a great fit we'd dip our toes in the water and see where it went. Give up staying in touch with our "friends" in here or hanging in the forums? Never going to happen. I do wonder if somewhere in our profile, we should put something to the effect that we're taking things very slow at this point.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
What Zodan said...lol! Taking a break can mean many things... maybe one partner has an illness, or had to have surgery, that doesn't mean you can't get on here and talk with friends that you have met on here. We had to take a break just before Christmas as my husband fell at work and hurt his arm... The Dr said "do not put pressure on this arm" so, unless the woman wanted to ride the whole time, we were out of commission. We still got on here and went into chat(he more than I cause he couldn't work)LOL, and talked with our friends. Chel

Piedmont SC

Username hidden
(273 posts)
I know from our own vantage point, we took a break due to a family crisis that came up. Taking a break can mean many things. To me, when I see that someone is taking a break, that means that they may still be getting online, but no playing with or meeting others at this time until the reason they took the break (and that is their own personal reason) is resolved. I still and always will get online almost everyday. To me, reading the forums is more interesting and relaxing than going through my own personal email after I get off work and before I go to bed. Zo.

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(1223 posts)
What couple said but to both the previous posters!

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
we have always wondered as well what exactly does that mean when they are taking a break but yet they are still on....don't really understand that.....why not just take the break without saying you are???? We have taken breaks and never annouced it, just didn't play for a while, but we still went online occassionally....just to check it out or to check our emails....we just did it! lol! oh well, to each his own i guess!

Burbank CA

Username hidden
(170 posts)
We took a break for quite a few months because we both had health reasons. Irlis had minor health problems and I had some reproductive health issues. That was the main reason we did not play. We still got a lot of mail, lots of our friends wishing us a speedy recovery and new couples ignoring our tag line. It was good to know that we were in others' thoughts because it was a very stressful time for me. Once we were both healthy, we were back in action. We loved to be able to stay in touch with our friends and even getting to know new couples through email and the forums. We are both forum junkies so it would've taken a lot to keep us away from them. :) Every once and a while life gets in the way of all the fun stuff and you need to be serious for awhile. There are lots of "active" swingers so the few on break shouldn't be too much of a cause for concern. Good luck to all of those couples on a break. Hope you can come back to "active" status soon. Crystal

Allentown PA

Username hidden
(806 posts)
of course we have taken breaks from swapping with other people.It does not mean we can't come in cut up , have interaction with those we have become accustomed to or even befriended on the internet. It just means at this time we are not wanting to meet people.A vacation of sorts from traveling, setting up meets.

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Actually, I was thinking of changing our profile to read something like, "We have all kinds of free time and are just clamoring for new people to play with!!"

We're not technically taking a break, more like, a moratorium on meeting anyone new so we can focus our limited playtime on people we already know and enjoy. But as soon as we put "not meeting anyone new right now" on our profile we get all kinds of emails trying to convince us that, even though we're not meeting new people, we really SHOULD chat with them anyway JUST in case...laughs...

And if and when we DO decide we need to take a break, I can bet I'll still be checking in daily for the forums and to keep in touch with friends. I'm a bit of an addict...blushes..

L.

Ithaca NY

Username hidden
(1611 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Taking a Break------what does this mean