Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum TV Shows
TOPIC: TV Shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... More 
Start   451 to 460 of 829   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'll look for that. Thanks :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21799 posts)
Mr va, see if you can find the British version, "Dragon's Den". It is even more fun than our version.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5535 posts)
I'm really liking "Shark Tank" lately.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21799 posts)
I would, but we were on a free 3 months of movie channels deal from DirecTV and I happened to catch the pilot about a week before the free trial ended. So even if I wanted to keep watching it, I can't.....unless that's an invite. ;-)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
I saw the pilot. The basic plot to the show is pretty interesting but the writing and acting was bad. Really bad. Haven't watched it since.

T ================================= It is actually developing well, it's really good. Give it another try.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Yeah, you can pretty much pay the cast of those shows with peanuts because they're mostly attention whores who are starving for attention and just being on tv is practically payment enough. And since the "creative team" doesn't have to fully script the show, you don't need top notch writers. Just throw a bunch of shit against the wall and see what sticks.

Obviously if people stop watching, the shows will get cancelled. Problem is that many of those shows pander to the lowest common denominator in this country and there's absolutely no shortage of morons out there with nothing better to do than watch this crap. Individual shows very well could be short lived, but the genre itself isn't going anywhere any time soon.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
I was speaking with an employee of the Discovery Channel while I was working in Miami, and she said that she didn't care for her company's venture into reality television. She said she completely hates Here Comes Honey Boo Boo over on TLC. The move was made because those shows are cheap to produce and extremely profitable.

If people would quit watching them, they will stop producing them.

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
"Anyone watching Banshee on Cinamex?"

I saw the pilot. The basic plot to the show is pretty interesting but the writing and acting was bad. Really bad. Haven't watched it since.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
Ever notice how some networks are getting away from their original broadcasting philosophies?

TLC (The LEARNING Channel)

Gypsy Sisters Starter Wives Confidential The Sisterhood Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Sister Wives 19 Kids and Counting

This is just a small sample from TLC's website. They've got around 45 programs total and damn near all of them are trashy reality shows. What exactly are the lessons learned here? How to be an ignorant, no talent dick and still get on tv?

Discovery Channel

Amish Mafia Auction Kings Property Wars Texas Car Wars

Most of Discovery's programming still seems to revolve around science and nature and being informative. But I suspect that those types of shows will eventually give way to more reality trash shows like the ones that they're currently showing. I caught an episode of Amish Mafia a few weeks ago. Easily the biggest fraud of a "reality" show to hit the air. I can't wait until Shark Week is replaced by Kardashian Week. Actually, I guess they could just keep calling it Shark Week and just change the content. Or they could go with Talentless, Blood Sucking Whore Week. To-may-to, To-mah-to.

The History Channel

Swamp People Ax Men Bamazon (I never heard of this show so I had to see what it was about. 8 out of work construction workers from Alabama go to the Amazon looking for gold. MUST SEE TV!). Big Rig Bounty Hunters Ice Road Truckers

Like Discovery, The History Channel still has a primary emphasis on educational programs that are, you know, about history. And they even managed to come up with a couple of reality shows like Pawn Stars, American Pickers or Rick's Restorations that at least feature a lot of unique historical items. But it still has a few programs like the ones listed above that don't really have anything to do with history.

And I won't even bother with the whole "MTV doesn't have much programming that revolves around music" bit because that's been played out for about 15 years now.

I used to keep TLC, Discovery and History channels on non-stop other than to watch sporting events because they either had shows that I was genuinely interested in watching or it at least made for better background noise than crappy shows like NCIS or Grey's Anatomy. Now I don't watch any of them other than to dvr an occasional documentary or maybe catch a random episode of Pawn Stars or something if I can't sleep at 2am.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
Dexter !

Mount Clemens MI
Username hidden
(388 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... More 
Start   451 to 460 of 829   End
TOPIC: TV Shows