Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum TV Shows
TOPIC: TV Shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... More 
Start   451 to 460 of 823   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was speaking with an employee of the Discovery Channel while I was working in Miami, and she said that she didn't care for her company's venture into reality television. She said she completely hates Here Comes Honey Boo Boo over on TLC. The move was made because those shows are cheap to produce and extremely profitable.

If people would quit watching them, they will stop producing them.

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
"Anyone watching Banshee on Cinamex?"

I saw the pilot. The basic plot to the show is pretty interesting but the writing and acting was bad. Really bad. Haven't watched it since.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3222 posts)
Ever notice how some networks are getting away from their original broadcasting philosophies?

TLC (The LEARNING Channel)

Gypsy Sisters Starter Wives Confidential The Sisterhood Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Sister Wives 19 Kids and Counting

This is just a small sample from TLC's website. They've got around 45 programs total and damn near all of them are trashy reality shows. What exactly are the lessons learned here? How to be an ignorant, no talent dick and still get on tv?

Discovery Channel

Amish Mafia Auction Kings Property Wars Texas Car Wars

Most of Discovery's programming still seems to revolve around science and nature and being informative. But I suspect that those types of shows will eventually give way to more reality trash shows like the ones that they're currently showing. I caught an episode of Amish Mafia a few weeks ago. Easily the biggest fraud of a "reality" show to hit the air. I can't wait until Shark Week is replaced by Kardashian Week. Actually, I guess they could just keep calling it Shark Week and just change the content. Or they could go with Talentless, Blood Sucking Whore Week. To-may-to, To-mah-to.

The History Channel

Swamp People Ax Men Bamazon (I never heard of this show so I had to see what it was about. 8 out of work construction workers from Alabama go to the Amazon looking for gold. MUST SEE TV!). Big Rig Bounty Hunters Ice Road Truckers

Like Discovery, The History Channel still has a primary emphasis on educational programs that are, you know, about history. And they even managed to come up with a couple of reality shows like Pawn Stars, American Pickers or Rick's Restorations that at least feature a lot of unique historical items. But it still has a few programs like the ones listed above that don't really have anything to do with history.

And I won't even bother with the whole "MTV doesn't have much programming that revolves around music" bit because that's been played out for about 15 years now.

I used to keep TLC, Discovery and History channels on non-stop other than to watch sporting events because they either had shows that I was genuinely interested in watching or it at least made for better background noise than crappy shows like NCIS or Grey's Anatomy. Now I don't watch any of them other than to dvr an occasional documentary or maybe catch a random episode of Pawn Stars or something if I can't sleep at 2am.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3222 posts)
Dexter !

Mount Clemens MI
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I'm currently enjoying the resurgence of CougarTown on Tuesday nights.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1446 posts)
Anyone watching Banshee on Cinamex?

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
We like to watch the big bang theory, ncis, boardwalk empire, game of thrones, and some of the food network ones. She also sometimes watches the home fixup shows and ghost hunters. I said I'd watch that last one when they catch one :)

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1217 posts)
We DVR everything, and watch whenever we're cozying in. Usually watch, or else it's on in the background while reading or playing phone games:

The Big Bang Theory (our favorite comedy) Spartacus: War of the Damned Justified The Following Californication

Finished up American Horror Story and Fringe.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7590 posts)
I used to watch television regularly. Since I've been travelling for work, I don't watch any regular programming at all other than sporting events. For regular programming, I wait until the entire season is over and catch up on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or some other service. As a result, I'm several years behind in my television viewing.

Shows I've never seen but have been told I would enjoy:

Breaking Bad Arrested Development The Wire The Walking Dead Oz Downton Abbey Six Feet Under Mad Men Boardwalk Empire Modern Family Justified Spartacus Parks and Recreation Friday Night Lights American Horror Story Flight of the Conchords Californication Castle The Tudors

I may never see them. Honestly, who has time to watch that much television?

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
I don't watch much tv as I find most of it to be unoriginal and unwilling to break away from the traditional formula.

The Wire: Best show ever created. It's the only tv show that I've purchased as a box set. The series ended like 4 years ago and I still watch it (in the middle of season 4 right now).

Hell on Wheels: I missed most of season 2 because I was in the middle of moving across country, but season 1 was excellent and the show had tremendous promise. Too bad AMC doesn't put episodes online so I can catch up on it.

Modern Family: Best new comedy I've seen in years.

Big Bang Theory: Guilty pleasure since it does follow the typical sitcom formula, but it's very well written and acted. Lewis Skolnick should be proud of the social advancements made by his people.

I usually fall asleep at night watching Family Guy reruns on Cartoon Network.

That's pretty much it for me as far as "must see tv" goes.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3222 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... More 
Start   451 to 460 of 823   End
TOPIC: TV Shows