Swinging and Menopause : Swingers Discussion 430421011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSwinging and Menopause
TOPIC: Swinging and Menopause
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks, nofun. It was taken care of as soon as we figured out the problem.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Mrs. Valovers used to wake up with night sweats too, and it was always around the same time of night - approximately 2 a.m. We tried a number of things and finally discovered the cause - the heat duct outlets in our bedroom are in the ceiling, and there was one almost directly over her side of the bed. Every time the furnace turned on, she got night sweats! ROFL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Poly, sounds like you are in the pre--perimenopausal stage, honey, welcome to the club!!!! Mine began at 37, quit for about a year, then started again, they become more frequent as you add another year on.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12066 posts)
I started night sweats at age 37; then came intermittent hot flashes. They are not steady, as they come and go. The night sweats suck, I never new I could get that drenched in a such a short period of time (not even during hot and heavy sex). Hormonally well, I was worse with PMS prior to this, so I think I am doing pretty well, the mood swings, come every now and then, and I will just start crying sometimes for no reason whatsoever but I look at it if I can get through without anything, then I can handle everything else.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12066 posts)
Well Im sorry we got off the track of the topic How Has Menopause affected your Swingers Lifestyle and onto hygiene and bleeding issues although they are a Big Piece of the Chango Life Pie. How about how the mental changes we go through, the ability to identify what we want and dont want and, the ability to be more patient with things that used to me me go grrrrrrr.Did Menopause put a damper in your activities or libido? Or after you passed thru Perimenopause did you just stay the same just without periods.? I would love to hear from women with an opionion of their own personal experiece in these areas.. thanks Mrs. Goats

did things get way much better?

Pinon Hills CA
Username hidden
(205 posts)
Mr. VAlovers is absolutely correct in his statement regarding the iron in blood. I have been a severe anemic, due to my periods being beyond comprehension in which I lost major blood every month and it did have a smell (nothing overbearing) but had a smell about it, and it was all of my iron coming out of my body, so I can definitely state that if your blood has a smell, you may want to get your Ferratin level (your iron storage center) and hemoglobin levels checked soon. Now that I am free of blood loss, my levels have have increased and maintained my iron for almost 1.5 years, prior to that, my levels were so very low, came close to suffrocating to death in which I had to due iron infussions 2-4 times a year for many years, but they kept me alive, which was all that mattered.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12066 posts)
I am sorry if I grossed anyone out. My experiece was that the spotting was very obnoxious because it was not enough to wear a tampon(too dry) and then I had to wear a mini pad. Unless I washed constantly and changed the pad every ten mintues after the blood hit the oxygen in the air it had an odor. I never felt so unfresh. In my menstrual years I could always tell when my period was imminent by the change in the odor of my regular discharge and I took two showers a day and had no infection. Maybe Im just more sensitive to odors and maybe there are women who are always fresh.. Im sorry if I offended anyone.

Pinon Hills CA
Username hidden
(205 posts)
Often the smell of blood is really the smell of the iron it contains. A very metallic odor!

No matter how hygienic a woman is, there will be at least SOME degree of odor. I know. In a room full of people my dog can unfailingly identify every woman in the room who is menstruating! He's such a crotch hound!!!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Blood does have a scent. Some folks just don't always smell it. It is stronger in some people than others(aside from any infection which really smells). This is the case of menstruation or bleeding from any wound. Some can smell it, some cannot. As a retired vol. EMT my nose picked up the odor of blood many times. I noticed the longer it coagulated the more it was noticeable. I have heard men comment that they can tell when a woman is menstruating by the scent. Could be a hormonal odor.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Some women breeze thru their periods in younger years without a hitch and some suffer terribly.. some woman go thru labor and delivery without a hitch and some have a hard time.. So it seems with Menopause.. some hardly notice symptoms and some of us bleed like hell and have cramps for a year and have so many hot flashes we are in a constant ball of sweat and misery and feel like we are going downright nuts from not feeling good so much. Sometimes it takes Medical intervention which can be very effective . For me I was not a lucky one. I suffered dibilitating cramps from the time I started my period in childhood...and had a very aweful labor and delivery and Peri menopause was like the Ultimate Punishment for the latter. Finally the doctors found the answer for me, a low dose hormone pill similar to BCPs that gave me back my quality of life. So going through a miseable, smelly peri menopause did indeed put a damper on how much sex I felt like having. Now that its all over and No periods for three years I am forever happy and grateful I dont have to do any of that anymore. I rejoice in each day of life...and the best is yet to come. Mrs. Goats

Pinon Hills CA
Username hidden
(205 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
TOPIC: Swinging and Menopause