SwingLifeStyle Tsunami Relief fund : Swingers Discussion 39774
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSwingLifeStyle Tsunami Relief fund
TOPIC: SwingLifeStyle Tsunami Relief fund
Created by: Webmaster
Original Starting post for this thread:
SwingLifeStyle is donating 10% of all profits between Dec 30th 2004 and Jan 31st 2005 to the victims of the Tsunami.

$10,000 advance donation to be made this week.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you for donating to people who need it, regardless of what religion and where in the world they are! It makes me proud to be an American!

Don't worry about what other people say and how they criticize, do what you feel is right and you'll ALWAYS be the one on top!

Thanks you!!!

Cary NC
Username hidden
(1 post)
When we joined this site we never knew how loving and caring the people on here could be.   I was reading through some of the messages here and was shocked by some of them.   The Webmasters of this web site reacted quickly to the the tsunami disaster, FASTER than our goverenment did. Donating out of their own pocket the money they had in their SLS budget and doing it in the groups name, not just their own. They should be and we do commend them for this selfless act on their part.   Granted, $10,000 is no more than a dime to what the cost of this disaster is going to add up to be, but even dimes add up. Our parents taught us that when we were growing up.   Some of you think we are interfering with God's great plan? Did you ever stop to think that God's great plan might be to help each other out. No matter who it was. In this time of terrorism in the world, we need to know that there is still good in people. No matter the race, creed, color.

Anderson IN
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Is it not strange that a outstanding donation of good will from such a classy website is construed as nothing more than a gesture to the "third world?" We are so very proud to be part of this classy web site!

rivaderci69, these people you talk about are actually human beings that have fathers and mothers and children. Families have been devastated and torn apart from what they knew as life, love and happiness! How incredibly shallow you are to believe you are so much better than 150,000+ people because you benefit from a technologically advanced society, Christian or just because they decide to vacation somewhere you wish not to. Curious is right, you are full of hatred and that creates a bigotry that is so ugly especially in a public forum! Spare us your lack of taste and disrepute in this thread for now please!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)

Prairieville LA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
We felt great pride in our fellow citizens today when we read that 3 out of 10 Americans have donated to the tsunami relief.

Money they will will not see again to people they will never meet.

Upland CA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
TexasHarley, our comment was not directed to one specific individual. Cute quote about liberals and conservatives. One should never jump to conclusions. We are card carrying conservatives. That doesn't mean we don't have humanity.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Here we go again the same complaining sissymen have to show their little chatty friends how very sensitive they are and how strong a feminine side they have. Where I come from its the children and helpless widows all dressed in black that stand around wringing their hands screaming and moaning, "Ohhh what a shame", "Ohhh what a pity, Ohh how terrible". Those old women who are good at expressing pity are usually paid to do it. But then there are others who do it to feel a connection to the sorrow. They try to connect to the emotions of those who lost something by being overly sympathetic to them. The useless expressions of pity and sorrow are just like the piles of useless little toys and flowers and other junk that the unwashed hordes of nobodys pile up at the site of a well known killing or other emotional event. Anyone with a half year of psych knows that when total strangers (the ordinary nobodys) try to connect to the emotions of those who are suffering they do it so they might feel some of the emotion those who suffered have felt. There is a clinical name for it but I can not recal what it is right now. I never forgot when our Prof said that those who express the most pity and sorrow for complete strangers do it because they want to fill their empty life with some part of that suffering because it is real and other humans feel it is of value. He said people who feel their life is worthless or that those who feel their life has no purpose are the first and loudest to express remorse and pity for the victims of a tragic event. Also in my opinion Americans that are dumb enough to visit and vacation in third world countries while we are at war are none too bright. They go to vacation where they have been spat upon and even killed by beheading, its like they got what they ask for. Americans visiting in 3rd world countries have been blown up, kidnapped for ransome and generally treated like crap so if they continue to go they are brainless and do not deserve any sympathy from me. Its not complicated in my opinion stupidity in an adult does not deserve sympathy, they got what they let themselves in for. And for those who said more americans were killed in the tsunami than the hurricane, its because the USA is prepared to protect its citizens from disater and responds when something happens. We are 50 times less likely to get a tsumnmi but we have a warning system in the pacific, the pacific rim islands and the entire area has seen earthquakes and eruptions many times anything similar in or near America but we have alarms to warn and protect us, they do not. The 3rd world is lucky to have toilet paper. So go right ahead and vacation over there, I'll do it here.

Overbrook Hills PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
I see nothing 'pathetically foolish' or hypocritical about wanting to help those in need. Who cares where they live? A human being suffering is a human in need. I'm sure that there are some who give out of some sense of guilt, or because they get a tax deduction, but I believe that most people who give are truly moved by the devastation that no one should have to endure. Call me Pollyanna if you will (it won't be the first time; it won't be the last), but I believe in the basic goodness of the human spirit. I can't entertain cynical, pessimistic notions of aid and relief when I look into the eyes of the orphaned children, the mothers who have lost their babies, the fathers who have lost their wives.

Clovis CA
Username hidden
(80 posts)
Good Lord is exactly right. BacchusnLadywife I assume the mean spiritedness comment was for my post. We do all have different opinions and just because a few are desenting from the dripping sweet half feined pledges of support is reminds me of an old saying. "When you are 20 and are not a liberal you don't have a heart, when you are 40 and not conservative you don't have a brain." I suppose that age limit might have to be raised 10 or 20 years.

Again the infidels are the worlds fire department. Our brave men and women are there doing what in hummanity is the proper thing. I applaud them and their efforts since today the Islamic fundies have pledged to shot down our helicopters and snip and kill our servicemen and women. Good Lord is very right. The religion od "peace" once agin can't even put aside their hatred so their own people can be helped.

And while talking about the religion of peace lets examine their contributions to the relief effort. All totaled about 90 million dollars. 90 million dollars. 90 million dollars. Ya got to say that a few times so you understand who is stingey when you consider that these Muslim countries pull in about 2 BILLION DOLLARS A DAY on oil. I think you can see the problems with the numbers. Austrailia is giving about 10 times their total ante'. And about half of the donations from the Muslim countries isn't even cash.....just water and out dated medicines.

We are all sympathetic to the victims but we shouldn't be pathetically foolish in our giving.

Garland TX
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Good lord. We all tend to have differences of opinions on this site but that's one of the things that makes the world go round. But this mean spiritedness is shocking. I would have thought if there was any thread to follow the rule...if you can't say something good don't ..............

Guess I was wrong.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
TOPIC: SwingLifeStyle Tsunami Relief fund