Summertime Blues : Swingers Discussion 224439
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSummertime Blues
TOPIC: Summertime Blues
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Is it me, or does it seem like we have no summer this year? I mean, the Northeastern US.

Our normally perfectly green, perfectly healthy lawn is unable to recover, it is so waterlogged, that we lost hope of healing it of the fungus that thrives in these conditions.

Our veggie patch, in previous years at this time, has produced at least a few kirbies, radishes etc...not even pepper blossoms. We have tomatoes, but the plants are leggy and thin, most are sick and covered in fungus.

I reckon the snails and slugs have found their nirvana, but the eggplants are hating it. The lower leaves are gone.

Everything is clammy and sticky, I can't stand this weather. If I wanted to live in the deep swamps of the south, I'd move there! I hate this shit!

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
our winters aren't mild enough, we popped them out every year, separated the babies off and stored them in black garbage bags in the barn in the bathroom that never goes below freezing. Planted in the spring. I sold about 50 of them one year at a garage sale and got from 1-5 bucks a plant depending on the size of the plant.

I had several bunches of banana's form but the never ripened or fully finished developing.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I leave mine in the ground over the winter. They come back because our winters are fairly mild.

What started as one "Oh cool! A banana plant!" about 4 years ago has turned into at least 50 bananas. I've given many away. I've managed to get 2 full bunches of ripe fruit.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19879 posts)
On the positive though, the orchids are outdoing themselves, they must think that they're in the Andes.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
we have been lucky, although we are getting almost daily rain, we are also getting a pretty good amount of sunshine too, with most of the rain happening in the evening or overnight.

VA I miss my banana trees :( I had over 80 at one point, sold a bunch at a yard sale then a year or two later we didn't get the ones we kept in the ground early enough and they all rotted.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
** compliment

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
WE are two years in this old house. I re-did the flowerbeds out front to use as abstract art pieces. I've mixed yard art peices bought at festivals and stuff and wildflower seeds. My goal was to have it never look the same at any given season. It's pretty neat that I have planted it so something is always flowering and there are new blooms weekly.

I'm terrible knowing what plants are what :) I think of the seeds I buy as colors.

Some of the older gardening threads of the past I must admit inspired me a little to make it pop. My granddaughter loves her papa's flowerbeds. Neighbors do complete our yard often as we meet them.

I get some attentionwhore love from instagram too under #plantlife hashtag

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
My bananas are only around 5 feet tall. It was damn COLD at the beach yesterday - around 77 degrees. The water is freezing. The tourist season is very bad this year. It's usually 92-98 degrees this time of year. 85 at least, sometimes 100-102.

This year has been well below normal.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19879 posts)
My flowers are blooming, but for a much shorter period. The peonies were finished in less than a week, normally they're up and in full bloom almost all of June. Lilies and Irises finished their show in no time. The roses are covered in black spots. It's just nasty out there.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
We are getting the most rain I can remember in the 9 seasons we have been here. The good part is my flower beds are BUSTing out with blooms and colors. The downside is we are forecasted to be rained out for the forth of July :(

Had planned on going into Atlanta for the festivities. They are using the words total washout for the forth on the morning news.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
It's more of the same crap. Muggy, overcast and wet. It's just so darn depressing :(

The sun, is just not coming back :(

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Summertime Blues