Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  14.1  ... 473  Next »
92 to 101 of 4722
User Details are only visible to members.
re: soccer - soccer/hockey/lacrosse all have very similar overarching concepts re: layout of the playing space, lines/offsides, etc. Yes the specifics are different but conceptually, they really aren't very different.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28605 posts)
I rarely venture in here, but I will tell you this: hockey is, in my opinion, the most physically demanding of all team sports. The intensity and sheer thigh-burning energy expended during play is so grueling that they need to switch fresh players out every minute or two.

I haven't played since I was a teenager due to an ankle injury. But wow you are the World's Sweatiest Bastard after playing that, even if it's in below freezing temperatures.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28605 posts)
I watched most of the game at the bar I was at.

I have to admit I have no idea what was going on most of the game.

I have the same problem with soccer, although most of my kids have played.

I need to sit down with the rules, and then watch some games so that I can appreciate the nuance.

Although I can see how tough it is. Skating for that long is tough. I played water polo in high school. The hardest physical thing I have ever done.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22354 posts)
Annie

I'll just say that everyone in Pittsburgh thinks the Preds have been the dirtiest team we've played so far.

My opinion: Everybody sees what they want to see.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19362 posts)
Perfectmatch I say this as you have no control over the Ref's but Crosby should have straight out been ejected from the game after that bullshit with Subban. No excuse for behavior like that-trash talk or not.

Also? The booing? Super uncool. Makes the Pens fans look stupid & bad.

I can handle losing when we're out played by a better team but this was dirty and wrong.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3671 posts)
Good old fashioned ass whoopin going on

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19362 posts)
"The toughest championship in professional sports....by far. "

I agree 100%

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19362 posts)
@Annie......I always knew my tutoring would come in handy sometime.

This kind of series is what playoff hockey is all about....twist, turns, ups, downs. The toughest championship in professional sports....by far.

GO PREDS!!!!!!!!

Dalton GA
Username hidden
(1257 posts)
All even, 2-2. It's a best of 3 series now.

Rinne played very well on home ice. Back to the Burgh on Thursday.

You gotta love playoff hockey.

Let's go Pens!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19362 posts)
BLM believe it or not, outside of not being able to subscribe to Center Ice, we like life w out cable. The tv doesn't get turned on very often & we do more meaningful things w our time- like being here on sls. :-)

@perfectmatch- good game!

@HotRob: I'm pretty sure I owe you a bj for every goal we got (not for every goal Pekka blocked-I'd get lock jaw!) - or sexual favor of your choice. You're very patient explaining things.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3671 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  14.1  ... 473  Next »
92 to 101 of 4722
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.