Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  ... 453  Next »
82 to 91 of 4522
User Details are only visible to members.
Here is why Tb is the best. This will be his 7th super bowl. Has won 4 of them. All other qbs won multiple Super Bowls pretty much in a relative close time frame. Meaning team stayed together and went on a run. Brady has done it spread out through his career with different teams assembled around him and while doing this as them member of the same organization. Not like know a days where a qb may have a chance to go to a stacked team that might be lacking qb talent.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(1304 posts)
Otto Graham was the original OG. He was one of tough SOB.

While Pete Carroll may have erred on the play calling. I can see his point that the defense would assume run up the middle. Wilson in mit opinion should have gone corner of endzone.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1602 posts)
"wouldn't be one of the best?" is not what I'm talking about in my opinion that's long list and you could talk all night and never come up with a definitive list.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6891 posts)
B,

And let's remember Brady has one of those rings, a gift, courtesy of Pete Carroll, I mean you're going to pass when you have Beast Mode Marshawn for one yard? ... but I digress.

The most rings.... as I said....then Johnny U or Dan Marino wouldn't be one of the best? Different era, true by Fokkers brings up some good points about today vs then. Hey maybe we should be talking about Otto Graham.

-CD-

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(769 posts)
Current I know what you are saying but sometimes the good ones find ways around it.

True story: our son has been playing soccer since literally he could walk. He plays travel ball. When he was 8 he was an extremely dominant striker. He was smart with game play, great leg made a lot of adults mad as he made teams look foolish by himself alone(at that age it's pretty typical). One asst coach got tired of it. Sonone game when the reg coach wasn't there he employed tactics that were clear flaunting of the gray lines of the rules. He had two people marking him all game. He would yell out that so and so had the golden ticket. My son was the golden ticket. The job of that player was to foul him off the ball or even with the ball. But not just foul, foul him hard enough that it would be physical enough to wear him down. Since youth soccer has an unlimited sub rule, as soon as that player would be caught he was fouled out another player would take his place. They beat up on the kid so bad that by game end he had bruised shins, knees legs, wrist. It was obvious what he was doing, the ref couldn't see what was going on since he had to watch the ball, so he couldn't card the Fokkers since they were consistently changed . Wrong? Yeah within the context of the laws of the game, kind of. I always taught the players to think and take the ref into account. It's part of any game. The refs can only do what they see. You have to as a comepetitor take all those factors weather, field conditions, opponents, tactics all into account and find a way around it.

Btw : we lost that game by a goal. The other team celebrated as if they had won the World Cup.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1602 posts)
Should you be judged as a great player on how many times you go to Church? How much you donate? If you don't divorce etc.. Should Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle etc.. be in Baseball Hall of Fame then? It's just crazy if you go there... Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6891 posts)
"Since I might be getting way too out there in philosophy land " I think you are. Players should be judged for sports. If you go outside that line you are asking for a moral majority and that can get really ugly.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6891 posts)
"Then given that criteria whether or not he wins in a week, it must surely be TB12."

No. There are ties right now. You could have tie breakers but then you get into the bullshit again

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6891 posts)
Grey areas are, by definition, not the same as clear fouls. Not getting called for interference is not the same as intentionally tripping someone in a way designed to evade detection (obviously tougher to do with twenty cameras on you in the NFL than in an amateur game). Hurting someone by accident is not the same as kicking them when you get up after the play.

I got beat by lots of players Scamp, a lot of whom beat me clean. I also got beat by bullies who pounded my head into the pavement because they were bigger than me, petty bureaucrats and college professors who were fucked up people and intoxicated by their power, unscrupulous business rivals with more money or better lawyers, "friends" who turned out not to be. That's life. That's what we have to find a way to deal with or decide we can let go of. Sports is supposed to be better than that. "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" is what they tell us as kids. We may love sports but we don't "need" them like we need a job, or a degree, or a building permit. That's the magic of sports. If they lose their magic we can walk away. I think sports leagues get this and are right to be concerned about it.

Since I might be getting way too out there in philosophy land let me frame it this way: Pete Rose. Amazing player, no? Should he be in the hall of fame or is the league right? I say they are. The magic matters.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1605 posts)
Brady wins it..he is the BEST EVER! Until the next best ever.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6891 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  ... 453  Next »
82 to 91 of 4522
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.