Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 413  Next »
71 to 80 of 4126
User Details are only visible to members.
Ok. If that's the only way I'm gonna get a rise out of you.

Washington clobbers Colorado (it could happen). Penn State clobbers Wisconsin (I think this is likely actually). Clemson is lackluster against Virginia Tech (a bit of wishful thinking on my part or perhaps overconfidence on their part).The final five:

1) Alabama 2) Washington 3) Clemson 4) Penn State 5) Ohio State

Bet nobody else comes up with this

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1266 posts)
It is really just about bragging rights.

So who else wants to make a prediction? Let's see who gets the most right and in what order.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4575 posts)
Makes as much sense as the committee's choice (i.e. fantasy football).

No point in wagering anyway. You can't ship alcohol to Louisiana. Oh wait...you're gonna lose though... ;)

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1266 posts)
Hell yes! What a crazy playoff and Championship game that would be. You have to win late in the season.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6099 posts)
BTW, if all you want to look at are conference champions, arriving you OK with this final four?

1. Penn State. #7 beats #6 for Big10 title.

2. Colorado. #8 beats # 4 for Pac12 title.

3. Oklahoma State. #10 beats #9 Oklahoma for Big 12 title.

4. Florida. #15 beats #1 Alabama for SEC title.

ACC is left out as Virginia Tech beats Clemson.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4575 posts)
I didn't know we were wagering, I was just giving my prediction.

Here is my reasoning. Alabama and Ohio State are in and I base that on the committee rankings as well as their statements that they believe these are the clear cut top two teams in the country.

I believe the Big 10 Champion will then be compared to Clemson and Washington. When you look at strength of schedule and top 25 wins and who they beat, I think the Big 10 Champion wins that comparison.

Now it comes down to Clemson or Washington. Even though you can argue the ACC is pretty weak, Washington's non conference cupcake schedule will hurt them.

Like I said, just my opinion but don't be surprised if this is the way it plays out.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4575 posts)
Scamp,

You're on. There's no way in hell that you can have two big 10 teams in the Top four if Washington wins the Pac 12, and retain any credibility in the college "playoff" system. Though I think I've made clear it doesn't have any credibility with me anyway, I think the egos involved will not let that happen. If Washington and Clemson win, and Penn state wins the Big ten, I can't wait to see the committee tear their hair out. I mean, Penn State BEAT Ohio State, right?

So what are we betting on this?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1266 posts)
Here is my latest (sure to be wrong) prediction for the CFP.

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Big10 Conference Champion (Wisc/PSU)

4. Clemson

IMHO, the only way Washington stays in the top 4 is if they beat Colorado AND Clemson loses.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4575 posts)
I don't have a fix either. I do however want to see Conference Championships that mean you are going to the BCS and don't want to watch football Conference Championships that still allows losers to go. I also like seeing upsets, or the hopes if it, like in March basketball. It's not the end of the world for me if they don't though.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6099 posts)
And BTW I don't have a solution for the five conference issue. I'm just saying the NCAA doesn't either, and that may be pretty glaring this year.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1266 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 413  Next »
71 to 80 of 4126
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.