Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss : Swingers Discussion 169746103161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... More 
Start   3161 to 3170 of 3571   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hard to imagine Arkansas being better this year without Ryan Mallet and Alabama certainly remembers the close call last year. I would guess a double digit win, holding Arkansas under25 points.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Agreed Fun, that should be a great game. I am pulling for Bama, not a Sabin fan. Another offense vs defense match-up this week is LSU vs West Virginia, although I think the LSU D is going to win out on that one.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
lol I knew that. Even if it weren't in jest, I'm so laid back it wouldn't have bothered me.

Anyone have a take on Arkansas v Alabama? I love a matchup between a really good offensive team like Arky and a shut down D like Bama.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10831 posts)
Fun, I hope you know that said that in jest, to bust your chops. Only team that would truly be a red flag for us is Michigan!

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
"An LSU fan is a Red Flag for us... "

--From another thread. Lol, I'm not exactly an LSU fan, and it didn't bother me at all when your Lions beat the Tigahs a couple of years ago in the Mud Bowl.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10831 posts)
"for the last four or five years SEC teams have had 3 of the top 5 recruiting classes in the country "

That's the point, the RECENT history favors the SEC. In fact, LSU went 4-9 in bowl games in the 70's and 80's (when you would have attended?) and didn't go to a bowl game from '88 until '95.

There are lots of examples of programs that have a nice run for 5 or 10 years then they slide into mediocrity. The challenge of any university (or conference) is to be relevant year after year, decade after decade. the SEC is on a nice run.

BTW, I don't think we will ever see a true playoff but I do like some of the +plus 1 scenarios that are being floated.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
I had the fortune of going to LSU in the early 80's compliments of the university, hope that explains my loyalty to the conference , and until the corrupt organization aka NCAA goes to a true playoff based championship format for D-1 the SEC should continue to be a major player in the outcome of the BCS, the conferences major problem is there are so many strong teams they usually knock off each other but as long as a team survives recruiting the best talent wont be a problem, for the last four or five years SEC teams have had 3 of the top 5 recruiting classes in the country

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Exactly Fun.

Remember when USC-UCLA was relevant? Nebraska-Oklahoma?

No doubt the SEC has serious talent and premier coaches right now, let's take a look in another ten years and see if they can keep it up at this level.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
" brawl every year just to win your conference."

Conference? Hell, just winning the SEC west division this year ought to qualify for play in the NC game.

The conference right now is pretty stout, but pendulums have a way of swinging.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10831 posts)
Welcome to the forum CeasarClitoris.

I am surprised you would post that based on your age and locale. It is usually the younger guys from the south who have no historical perspective. The SEC has had a nice run the past 10 years but as evidenced buy any statistical analysis, with the exception of Alabama, no SEC school has had the long-term success of the Ohio States, Michigans, Oklahomas etc.

I wonder if the academic standards of SEC schools were raised to the same level as the Big Ten and other power conferences if the SEC would have the same success.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... More 
Start   3161 to 3170 of 3571   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss