Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  302  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  ... 457  Next »
3061 to 3070 of 4564
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't think I've ever been compared to Chris Paul before, I'll take it as a compliment. I try to have the defensive mindedness of Ben Wallace with the energy of Rip Hamilton. It shows that I spent more time with my hands on the ball. My usual game is setting a lot of screens and weaving through traffic wearing out my opponent till I get open shots in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I'm generally far more defensive minded. Usually, I average 6pts, and 4 steals. The rebounds and assists were right about my average.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
I credit Fun with one assist when I last visited NOLA.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
"I started off the opening minutes with two sweet midrange jumpers"

Sounds like one of Fun's date nights

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
I agree with all except vacating the wins. It seems like a poor attempt to erase the past when it does nothing for those who were actually hurt in the situation.

As for my play last night: I started off the opening minutes with two sweet midrange jumpers. Generally, I play as a SG. Due to lack of players I ran as PG. By the end of the night I had: 12 pts, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals I was pretty happy and my ankles/knees feel pretty good today.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
Assuming the sculptor put a penis on the JoPa statue under his trousers, they should put the thing to good use and ram it up Sandusky's asshole. NCAA has the authority to do so.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
CW, a lot of people use that reasoning but what is the alternative. Dig up Paterno's grave and smack him around? The program failed to help children who were being abused. This is not a result of what Sandusky did, it is a result of people who knew about it covering it up and putting the football prgram ahead of human decency. You have to agree that the progrm failed and therefore all you can do is punish the curent program and unfortuantely, the current athletes suffer. Simply vacating old wins is not punishment.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
Around these parts, every 5th person you meet is a Penn State alum. They are mostly going bullshit.

I am glad the fine is going to charity as that part of the punishment will not hurt PS in the least - the boosters and alumni will raise those funds in a month.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
Cherry, that is true about almost any NCAA sanction against a school. It's a necessary evil if there is to be any enforcement of NCAA rules.

The good thing for the current players is that they can transfer to another program if they want, without having to sit out a year as is normally the case for a player to transfer.

--Joe P. Fuccup

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13943 posts)
You can call me Al.

The Paterno/PSU "aura" made recruiting top flight athletes possible. That aura is not only gone, it's an albatross.

--Al B. Tross.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13943 posts)
I agree Al (can I call you Al?)

Without Paterno, PSU would have never been a power house school to begin with. Now, they will lose out on scholarships and recruits, kids will jump to other schools (if not this year than next when other big time programs can free up a scholarship for them) and no big time coach will come near that program for YEARS to come. They will find themselves competing with Indiana and their ilk for low level bowl games at best once the bans are lifted.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  302  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  ... 457  Next »
3061 to 3070 of 4564
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.