Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... More 
Start   3022 to 3031 of 3692   End
User Details are only visible to members.
headin out to plaay some Call of Duty Fun??

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
"And schools should not be allowed to profit off the names of athletes that perform on the field/court. "

And may I ask, why not?

Doesn't your workplace profit from the tasks you perform? Of course, you will answer that you are compensated for your efforts, but so are the scholarship athletes.

And what recourse do you have if you feel you are under-compensated? Find another job or line of work. So can the student athlete. No one is MAKING them play, they get OFFERED a scholarship.

One more bit of food for thought. How about a student research assistant in a lab at a medical school? If the research brings in a $2M grant, should the students get a share of that too?

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12351 posts)
The NCAA as a governing body is ridiculous. Look at the issues with Reggie Bush and Cam Newton. You can't tell me it took that long to find out what Bush did or didn't do, he is long gone. But yet the current players are the ones punished, how is that fair? Reggie Bush and Pete Caroll pay no price for alleged violations, but the current players do. Same with Cam Newton, I would bet a good sum of money we will see the same thing happen with him a few years down the road...And what if Miami gets the death blow like SMU? Should the current players and new coach suffer for past players sins? P.S. I hope Al Golden has an out clause in his contract if Miami gets sanctioned, I want him at PSU!

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
ATown, about to go out, but a quick response. Don't get me started on the NCAA. It has made more boneheaded decisions than I can count. A lot of their decisions hurt the athletes they say they are trying to protect. But, they do make the rules. Thanks for your comments. Will respond more tomorrow.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
ps to Wayne. After he or his proxy come crying to you, if you want to suspend me for that last comment, fine. Is there any way to make it retroactive so I didn't have to suffer through all that midget YouTube shit that has taken over the forums the last day or two?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Fun--Here is something you can think about, how the NCAA has problems making the right decisions.

I am a high school basketball coach and have an AAU squad. Dealing with college coaches is something I do and have met a couple of D-1 coaches. The majority of coaches I interact with are D-2 and 3. Very few players reach the upper tier in college sports. The high school is not the issue I have, my issue with the NCAA revolves around a decision they made this year regarding AAU tournaments and D-1 campus'.

This summer we had a tournament scheduled in the carrier dome in Syracuse. It's a large tournament for the northeast with teams as far south as Florida to as far west Indiana with teams from Canada. About a month before the tournament the NCAA ruled that D-1 campus' cannot host AAU tournaments for the men teams 7U and up, because it gave the university and coaching staff an unfair advantage in recruiting. Really? The tournament was then placed in SUNY schools and high schools in and around Syracuse. Keep in mind that the women's, teams were allowed to play in the carrier dome. Isn't that a double standard? Wouldn't the womens coach have an unfair advantage to recruiting? Plus the tournament was still held in the area and Jim Boehiem was in attendance at a couple of the games. I will concede that maybe 10u and up should not be allowed to play. But 7u-9u, come on man! Maybe 5-10 percent of the players have a true shot at playing D-1. Boeheim still has the opportunity to recruit those that he speaks to, and believe me he was speaking to a couple of players. The NCAA dropped the ball on this one. This could be the only time teams would have this opportunity to experience something like that. The NCAA needs to look at the bigger picture for the youth, not closing the door to potential students.

The NCAA makes the rules, you're right about that. But sometimes the rules they create make little to no sense. Trying to find equal harmony is not a priority in their book. The priority they have now is to make money and control everything. They put blinders on some things and wide eyed about others. I doubt the stories that came forward about Cam Newton were false, and I doubt very seriously that Cam had no idea what his father was doing. It was easier for them to turn a blind eye, especially after the Reggie Bush, USC scandal that they dragged their feet on.

The NCAA offers a chance for many and limits the opportunities for the majority. Not everything they do is wrong or bad, but the judgement they use is lacking. I work closely with them, but guarded when I do.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Good grief dude, get a grip. If you post something that doesn't make sense and I call it senseless, it's not a personal attack; it's a disagreement with what you posted. It's obvious that your MO is to repeat the magic phrase "personal attack" so often that your saying it makes it so; please don't insult Wayne's intelligence that way. If I wanted to personally attack you, I would have started with the arsenal of ammunition in your own pic.

It is sort of amusing that about a dozen or two posts ago you sniped at one of my posts for not being thought through; you've declined to even suggest how so. Or, for that matter, to add anything further of substance to the discussion. Enjoy your piggyback ride for the rest of the night. I've got some plans that don't involve a battle of wits with the unarmed. Cheers.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I didn't say you don't think. I said it's easy to say something simple, until you actually give it some thought. You must mave felt like the shoe fit. I'm not gonna bicker with you over who said what; it's all there in the posts, if you haven't deleted yours like you often do when things go badly for you.

If you have something worthwhile to say on the subject of paying players, say it. Otherwise, I'll just assume you are piggybacking on the thoughtful comments from others.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Heat, Atown and Caesar have contributed thoughtful points and facts. Your "contribution" to this debate was a visceral and superficial conclusion that "that shit ain't right" or something to that effect, followed by a nonsensical and laughable proposal that student body presidents set a salary scale for players; which you declined to elaborate on as far as I recall. Other than that, I don't remember anything else you contributed to this discussion, other than sniping. If you haven't already deleted your posts, feel free to direct our attention to where you offered anything like a "thoughtful" comment.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
ATown, all good points. There will never be equality between all the conferences, or schools within them. But the NCAA still strives for that, and allowing payments to student athletes, which only a few schools can afford to do, would just increase that disparity. That's how the NCAA looks at it, and they make the rules. All I was saying.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... More 
Start   3022 to 3031 of 3692   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss