Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss : Swingers Discussion 169746102971
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... More 
Start   2971 to 2980 of 3664   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Nic--When's the last time you saw a lab assistants name on the back of numerous lab coats being worn on the street? Or maybe the last time you saw a bedpan, microscope etc. autographed and auctioned off? All of notoriety for achieving a grant to do more research. You're going to compare a grant for research to pure profit for the university. More likely then not the research assistant will benefit down the road. Can you honestly suggest that ALL football, basketball, baseball, hockey, wrestling athletes will be rewarded in the same field for which they helped bring millions of dollars to? How often do you read the names of assistant coaches being blamed for blowing a tackle that led to the winning td. Or getting the credit for nailing the 3 pointer for a win. I've never seen it happen, yet they get paid for TEACHING THOSE (who have the skill set) that create the income that line their pockets. Show me where a professor makes 5 million a year for teaching lab assistants. Nick Saban makes 5 million a year to field a team to do what? Win football games, fill the stands so people will spend money. Win games so the school can go to the (insert bowl game here) and bring home millions of dollars, win or lose. When's the last time you went to ticket master to buy a ticket to watch a professor teach? Or gone to the Microbiology bowl and watched the showdown. In my opinion, get real, the two don't equate. I doubt that 90 research assistants are working together to garner a possible 2 million dollar grant that the school hosts a banner with the year they conquered the research assistant field.

As a teacher I can't say what the school district gets from my being there. Sure we make money for the school during games, which in turn helps pay for the refs, score keeper etc. What little is left over at the end of the year we try to give to the kids with awards (trophies, medals,), a banquet, jackets, warm ups. Yes I get compensated for my time devoted to the kids I coach, except for AAU which is volunteer. Many of the assistants don't get paid, I'm allowed one assistant to be paid and I have 4. So my assistant and I pool what little we get and split it between the coaches. And before you even go there, no, high school kids should not be paid. For me at this level it is a matter of ethics. The school does not profit from their names, and simply, they don't profit at all. When our teams hit the field, court, rink they ARE NOT bringing in millions of dollars. I'm not making a six figure salary, even with my coaching. Just not the same.

The NCAA and it's affiliates are about the money and keeping it for themselves. Gaining it off the backs of the athletes who provide the excitement and cash flow. If you work for a company, create something earth shattering, you'll get compensated for it. And if you don't you have the ability and right to sue for damages. NCAA athletes cannot sue for damages, ask Chris Webber about that.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
lmao, Fun love the Taj Mahal comment, I guess you never been to Brussard(not sure if that's he right spelling, been awhile lol) hall (LSU's athletic dorm ), unless they remodeled, it's far from fancy, although the athletic dinning hall was second to none (actually was voted best in the SEC when I was there) the experience of living there was a blast, all the teams were grouped together(but not all the athletes were not required to live there) which created a closer bond among teammates. One more reason that the NCAA dropped the ball.... AGAIN

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Yoy, Jan, Shibby, frnz anna da resta da prahhd Stiller Nation! Haaja like dat vick-tree last week against da Pay-trits! I tink der gonna getta nudder dubya dis week when dey playda Ballsnomore Ravens, n'at!

We were ahttatahn last week in Vegas, hadda great tahhm, n'at... but it's great ta be backuppear inda 'burgh!

It don't cut no ice hascome da Stillers came ahht flat on week one an'got der asses handed to'em, but dis tahhm dale be no prollum... ahhnodat our boys are dyin' ferda payback, furrill!!

Ballsnomore quarterback flaccid Flacco anedoin' nuttin againstda Steel Curtin D, andee better wa'chowt fer Polamalu, udderwise he's gonna getta mouthfulla bloody chicklets!

So I tink da Stillers'll dooder jobs 'n getter done, bigtime. Dale take cara bidness by bein more fiscul an ahhtmusclin' da Ballsnomore Ravens.

So here how I seize it goin' dahhn: Da Stillers- Turdyahht (38) Da Ballsnomore Dirty Birds- Twennytree (23)

Dabby my preDICKtion... yinz don't like it, choocan stick it up yer ass!

So hafsome progies, killbaassas, braats n'sum culd Iron City beers-- wave yer Terrible Tahhhls ('specially yinz der Shibby) anna enjoyda game!!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6817 posts)
I suppose he could stab them with Corn Dog ...just saying !

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5455 posts)
Lol, some coonass called into a sports radio talk show to ask about the knife policy at Bryant-Denny stadium; they told him to leave his knife at home, it's gonna be a gunfight.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Kid made an incredible catch, kept his legs in bounds, and controlled the ball. Deserved a TD.

Denard wasn't too sharp today, from the part I watched.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Wow. Iowa upsets Mich, thanks in part to Mich getting robbed of a potentially tying touchdown in the closing seconds.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Can't imagine how those actually going to the game will be when the game starts. Having had all day to drink themselves calm will make for an interesting crowd lol

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5455 posts)
College Gameday dudes are already silly punch-drunk.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Akron,

We don't see that happening...well maybe in a nightmare lol. My personal opinion at this point is it could go any way but I think the scores will be much closer. Desperately hoping it will go MY way lol...Roll Tide !

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5455 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... More 
Start   2971 to 2980 of 3664   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss