Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss : Swingers Discussion 169746102861
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... More 
Start   2861 to 2870 of 3562   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I posted somewhere that those two defenses were so good that final score might turn out to be 4-2. Lol. Not too far off.

Caesar, I think that stupid NCAA rule abolishing athletic dorms took effect in the late 80's or early 90's; by that time some schools really did have some super-plush digs for the teams, which was the reason for the rule.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Nic--Not angry at all. I am passionate about what I believe. This is how I write, one of the reasons I limit what I write because people always assume I'm angry. I'm direct and to the point in a long winded kind of way.

And by the way, you missed the point. I said nothing about the college of your choice. You working and them dictating your life. I get that athletes take the opportunity to play their given sport. They are deserving of more then just a free education.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Pure profit, sure there is. You get paid, pay your bills. Do you have money left over. Do you have a savings account? Pure profit! Universities are no different. That is why they have tuition, to pay the bills. Companies make profits every year, ask google, microsoft, apple. You want to believe there isn't go right ahead, but it's factual.

Ohio St. does not allow it's players to sell jersey's. But they sold the rights to Nike, Reebok whoever to sell them. Money in turn that the university gets. Oregon, they get uniforms every week practically from NIke, no money coming from the university for them. Prior to the fab five at Michigan, their profit was 1 to 2 million a year. During the period the fab five were part of the school. It jumped to over 10 million. Not because Michigan gained its noteriety, but because they had five freshman who were unbelievable and Michigan capitalized on their names, and talent. Money which the school kept and the players saw nothing of. But who took the blame for all the "problems" the school faced?

And by the way, I never said they should be paid as professional athletes, I gave a dollar amount. Which is way less then a person who sits in a cubicle and works on a computer daily.

And no I wouldn't coach at Penn St. Can't stand the school, and I coach basketball.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
"And I noticed you avoided the challenge of working for nothing, having your company put you up in a place of their choosing."

At this point in my life? No. when I was 18 years old and told they would pay for food, lodging and pay my tuition at the college of my choice. Sign me up.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
You seem angry and are taking this debate personally. I am offering a dispassionate assessment and opinion.

First of all, there is no such thing as "pure profit". Facilities, coaches ,travel...it all costs money, LOTS of money.

Secondly, a coach is worth $5M a year if an institution is willing to pay it. If Penn State called you up and said JoPa is retiring and we want YOU to coach the team for $2M a year are you going to turn it down because the players aren't getting paid?

Finally, my point all along has been that a small stipend isn't unreasonable but to compensate the players as if they are professionals is unrealistic and means the big schools will simply go buy the best talent.

Oh and I'm not sure how other Universities handle this but I'm pretty sure Ohio State doesn't allow jerseys to be sold with an athlete's name on the back.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Nic--One more thing. My compensation is enough for me to be able to take my wife and kids out for a nice meal. Allow them to buy nice clothes etc. Student athletes do not get money for doing such things, it actually is frowned upon by the NCAA. How does a school lose if a player signs a contract with Nike? Oregon can do it, make millions from them, yet the athlete is not allowed. Can anyone say double standard.

And I noticed you avoided the challenge of working for nothing, having your company put you up in a place of their choosing. Giving you the food they choose and not allowing you to find alternate sources of income. That's your full scholarship for life, let's even say four years. Gonna do it?

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
BTW What a football game, Geaux Tigers.... Best #1 vs. #2 game I've seen since Texas beat USC for the National tittle. I know Bama's going to drop to at least 4 or 5 but why? I think they should stay # 2 as a result of their performance today, come on, a 3 point loss in overtime to the # 1 team in the nation, you shouldn't be dropped in the rankings for that. Rather see a rematch for the BCS tittle game than watch LSU (if they win out) blow out Boisie St, Stanford or Okla St, because honestly I think they don't have a chance.

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Nic--When's the last time you saw a lab assistants name on the back of numerous lab coats being worn on the street? Or maybe the last time you saw a bedpan, microscope etc. autographed and auctioned off? All of notoriety for achieving a grant to do more research. You're going to compare a grant for research to pure profit for the university. More likely then not the research assistant will benefit down the road. Can you honestly suggest that ALL football, basketball, baseball, hockey, wrestling athletes will be rewarded in the same field for which they helped bring millions of dollars to? How often do you read the names of assistant coaches being blamed for blowing a tackle that led to the winning td. Or getting the credit for nailing the 3 pointer for a win. I've never seen it happen, yet they get paid for TEACHING THOSE (who have the skill set) that create the income that line their pockets. Show me where a professor makes 5 million a year for teaching lab assistants. Nick Saban makes 5 million a year to field a team to do what? Win football games, fill the stands so people will spend money. Win games so the school can go to the (insert bowl game here) and bring home millions of dollars, win or lose. When's the last time you went to ticket master to buy a ticket to watch a professor teach? Or gone to the Microbiology bowl and watched the showdown. In my opinion, get real, the two don't equate. I doubt that 90 research assistants are working together to garner a possible 2 million dollar grant that the school hosts a banner with the year they conquered the research assistant field.

As a teacher I can't say what the school district gets from my being there. Sure we make money for the school during games, which in turn helps pay for the refs, score keeper etc. What little is left over at the end of the year we try to give to the kids with awards (trophies, medals,), a banquet, jackets, warm ups. Yes I get compensated for my time devoted to the kids I coach, except for AAU which is volunteer. Many of the assistants don't get paid, I'm allowed one assistant to be paid and I have 4. So my assistant and I pool what little we get and split it between the coaches. And before you even go there, no, high school kids should not be paid. For me at this level it is a matter of ethics. The school does not profit from their names, and simply, they don't profit at all. When our teams hit the field, court, rink they ARE NOT bringing in millions of dollars. I'm not making a six figure salary, even with my coaching. Just not the same.

The NCAA and it's affiliates are about the money and keeping it for themselves. Gaining it off the backs of the athletes who provide the excitement and cash flow. If you work for a company, create something earth shattering, you'll get compensated for it. And if you don't you have the ability and right to sue for damages. NCAA athletes cannot sue for damages, ask Chris Webber about that.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
lmao, Fun love the Taj Mahal comment, I guess you never been to Brussard(not sure if that's he right spelling, been awhile lol) hall (LSU's athletic dorm ), unless they remodeled, it's far from fancy, although the athletic dinning hall was second to none (actually was voted best in the SEC when I was there) the experience of living there was a blast, all the teams were grouped together(but not all the athletes were not required to live there) which created a closer bond among teammates. One more reason that the NCAA dropped the ball.... AGAIN

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Yoy, Jan, Shibby, frnz anna da resta da prahhd Stiller Nation! Haaja like dat vick-tree last week against da Pay-trits! I tink der gonna getta nudder dubya dis week when dey playda Ballsnomore Ravens, n'at!

We were ahttatahn last week in Vegas, hadda great tahhm, n'at... but it's great ta be backuppear inda 'burgh!

It don't cut no ice hascome da Stillers came ahht flat on week one an'got der asses handed to'em, but dis tahhm dale be no prollum... ahhnodat our boys are dyin' ferda payback, furrill!!

Ballsnomore quarterback flaccid Flacco anedoin' nuttin againstda Steel Curtin D, andee better wa'chowt fer Polamalu, udderwise he's gonna getta mouthfulla bloody chicklets!

So I tink da Stillers'll dooder jobs 'n getter done, bigtime. Dale take cara bidness by bein more fiscul an ahhtmusclin' da Ballsnomore Ravens.

So here how I seize it goin' dahhn: Da Stillers- Turdyahht (38) Da Ballsnomore Dirty Birds- Twennytree (23)

Dabby my preDICKtion... yinz don't like it, choocan stick it up yer ass!

So hafsome progies, killbaassas, braats n'sum culd Iron City beers-- wave yer Terrible Tahhhls ('specially yinz der Shibby) anna enjoyda game!!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6741 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... More 
Start   2861 to 2870 of 3562   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss