Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  ... 436  Next »
2861 to 2870 of 4358
User Details are only visible to members.
Around these parts, every 5th person you meet is a Penn State alum. They are mostly going bullshit.

I am glad the fine is going to charity as that part of the punishment will not hurt PS in the least - the boosters and alumni will raise those funds in a month.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
Cherry, that is true about almost any NCAA sanction against a school. It's a necessary evil if there is to be any enforcement of NCAA rules.

The good thing for the current players is that they can transfer to another program if they want, without having to sit out a year as is normally the case for a player to transfer.

--Joe P. Fuccup

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13453 posts)
You can call me Al.

The Paterno/PSU "aura" made recruiting top flight athletes possible. That aura is not only gone, it's an albatross.

--Al B. Tross.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13453 posts)
I agree Al (can I call you Al?)

Without Paterno, PSU would have never been a power house school to begin with. Now, they will lose out on scholarships and recruits, kids will jump to other schools (if not this year than next when other big time programs can free up a scholarship for them) and no big time coach will come near that program for YEARS to come. They will find themselves competing with Indiana and their ilk for low level bowl games at best once the bans are lifted.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
Those combined penalties over that time frame might even be worse than the "death penalty" for one year.

--Alphonse

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13453 posts)
The fine will go to child abuse charities...the actions of the NCAA were justified and IMHO, sufficient. I have no argument with the punishment whatsoever.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
Talk about "death penalty"!

Penn State has removed the statue of Paterno and put it into storage.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6304 posts)
NCAA spanks Penn State HARD! Was it enough? Four years, no bowl games, loss of 10 scholarships per year. Also all games 1998 - 2011 are forfeited and are losses. All current scholarship athletes are free to go to other schools without a waiting period to play. $60,000,000 fine.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
well my yanks got their "A's" kicked. just a little slump. no big deal. is good to once in awhile be kicked. seattle will pay for it. then the only thing i hate in life....the boston hatesox!!!!

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(889 posts)
I'll be on the court in less than 2hrs and counting down. I'll post a full report for those who care.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1457 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  ... 436  Next »
2861 to 2870 of 4358
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.