Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  274  275  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  ... 453  Next »
2781 to 2790 of 4522
User Details are only visible to members.
As for the Saints, yes, I'm a fan. Have Bern ever since Eli's dad Archie played for them. Which might explain why I'm so sensitive about a team that doesn't give an all-pro quarterback the supporting cast he deserves.

I discuss the Saints and other teams I care about on a real sports forum, with intelligent fans, who don't run to mama every time someone points out they are mistaken about something.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
Green Bay is another team like the Giants with a great QB. I'm not as interested in Rogers as much as I am with a kid from NOLA like Eli, whose family I have known for decades. That's how this little skirmish between you and me got started. Unless you've forgotten, after one game last year when Eli's head almost got knocked off and his receivers dropped passes or tipped them into defenders' hands, I lamented here that the Giants weren't surrounding Eli with the talent they should. It wasn't a dig at you; it was a comment in a sports thread.

But you got your panties all twisted, as you often do about nothing, and you have been dragging it up ever since. It's a discussion forum. If you aren't up to the task of discussing things intelligently, without getting your panties bunched up and taking offense at every little thing, that's just tough.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
I freakin hate spell check...

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1625 posts)
I can understand your dilemma Perfect, I would feel the same. As I said, its a great compliment to your son that they are interested and I am sure that appeals to him. When all is said and done and he graduates, would he be significantly better off academically and/or football wise than he would have been in your current public school? For 40k, that what I would likely be asking myself...

You son is about the same age as my youngest, which is 12 yo and in 7th grade. My son loves football as well, and wow, what a huge difference puberty makes! He hit that stage about 7-8 months ago, shot up 7", pu on 30lbs and his feet grew 3 sizes! AND, he became coordinated and athletic. Like a different kid on the field...

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1625 posts)
"Fun, I guess I'll have to start naming names when I get attacked"

I don't even poke fun at you much anymore, and have never "attacked" you. I've asked you before, both in private emails and here in the forums, to identify anything that you felt was an actual attack on you. No response.

So feel free to be as specific as you can about any "attack" on you.

And btw, I can be quite specific about numerous times that I defended you publicly when people mischaracterized something you said.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
"you also seem to exagerate your criticism of the Giants, Like Eli running his ass off in the Tampa Bay game. I didn't see him running his ass off and last night they only got 1 sack."

My criticism of the Giants OL last year was out of my concern for Eli, which you as a Giants fan should have understood, but didn't. It was sound criticism, starting with the fact that running yardage usually is a pretty good indicator of OL strength, and the Giants trailed the NFL in that category. One game here or there doesn't change that.

Nor does the fact that Eli only got sacked once. Premier QBs like Eli can have misleadingly low numbers of sacks due to their ability to throw it away and otherwise compensate for poor blocking. There are quite a few sophisticated measures of OL pass protection that take into consideration average time from snap before pressure, failed block assignments, etc. The Giants' OL last year ranked at or near the bottom on all of them.

That you prefer to look only at the simplistic final score and/or sack statistics, does not surprise me. I sincerely hope that they somehow step up their OL pass protection so that Eli can play out a long career. You seem not to care, as long as you get the chance to gloat over a Giants win.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
Thanks buddy

Our HS football program is really good. They've won the State championship like 5 times in the last 10 years in AAA. My son seems interested in going to the Catholic school. I'd say the academics are a bit better overall at the Catholic School. I don't know what to do. $40k is a significant amount of money for High School, even more when you consider taxes we pay for our school district.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18745 posts)
Thats a tough one Perfect. Would be an easier decision if you were getting a tuition break and the academics were significantly better. What does your son think? Given similar academics and assuming your school district has a decent football program itself, I know I would have a hard time justifying the extra cash. Whatever you decide, its a great compliment to your son!

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1625 posts)
I guess this is the place to post this. A catholic school is actively 'recruiting 'my 8th grade son for football. They're not offering money or anything, just a couple of emails and phone calls to get him to go to some games and be on the field. The tuition is $9500 a year, the academics are outstanding, and they do have 2 alumni currently playing in the NFL. I'm not against sending him there, but we live in a great school district and the public high school is less than a mile away as opposed to 12 miles for the Catholic school.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18745 posts)
Frank, Congrats on the Giants win. I was otherwise occupied and unable to watch the game, but if the OL has started performing as you described, I am glad to hear it.

About your comment a couple of days ago: I have NEVER attacked you because your team won. I did wonder why a "fan" seemed unable to have an intelligent discussion about his team's strengths and weaknesses. And I still find strange your belief that a team's win or loss makes an individual fan of that team a "better" or "worse" person. You are the very same Frank the morning after a Giants win, as the Frank after a Giants loss; no more (or less) smart or observant about the team or the game itself.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  274  275  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  ... 453  Next »
2781 to 2790 of 4522
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.