Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  269  270  271  272  273  274  275  276  277  278  ... 388  Next »
2731 to 2740 of 3877
User Details are only visible to members.
NFL announced today it is banning hook slides. Also, modifying the infield fair catch rule.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12856 posts)
Sure. Pete Rose started it all.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I read some time ago that injuries are more frequent in soccer, a non contact sport, than in football. I think it's fine to have rules that lessen the chance of concussions and spinal injuries. But the fact of the matter is that players have evolved so that we now have 240-pound linebackers who run sub 4.4 forties and hit like a freight train, entirely legally. There will be injuries, some severe, as long as the game is played.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12856 posts)
Oh my laundry, whatta fuckin' paaanzyaaas lig dat NFL is, n'at... Jam'zarrison shuld haf da liggle right ta hit da ball carrier! Dat's FOOTBALL!! I don'd give a raaats dupa 'baaaht alladeez fines n'bounties n'at... da Steel Curtin D knocks 'em aahtada game fer da simple joyz uh lain' 'em aaht onda turf. I tink day should playda game'r get aahtadaroad. Praps da lig shuld makes da players wear dresses or high heels, n'at.

Don'd get me started...

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
I would love to see the tape of the plays that won these pools. Also would like to see how it effected the careers of the "victims".

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
I think Harrison IS a dirty player. Let me clarify. Going for the head shot is dirty, hitting a player with a shoulder pad to the midsection as hard as you can is good technique.

The bounty system I have heard about on the radio etc involved players making a "pool", each throwing in some cash and paying it out to guys who make big hits. As with anything, some take it to extremes and the Saints did that then spent years trying to deny it and cover it up.

Dirty play with the intent to injure should be punished and I think Goodell has been consistent with that and I agree with him. Hard hitting football is something I really enjoy and wish the Browns understood the principal. lol

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
When we talked about this before Nic you called him a dirty player. Now, he's doing his job.

If this practice is so common, how come the Saints just got busted for it?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
"return his fines..."

Disagree. He knew better.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7865 posts)
At least not that you know of. The steelers are a class organization but this type of thing is pretty common if you believe the retired players. As with most things, I believe the hype is worse than the act here. If a player was told to go after someone's knee, that is one thing but to tell a player to hit someone hard enough to knock them out of the game? Isn't that what a defensive player gets paid to do every week?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
After this bounty scandle with the NFL, I think all James Harrison's fines should be returned to him.

He wasn't paid to be a hitman...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  269  270  271  272  273  274  275  276  277  278  ... 388  Next »
2731 to 2740 of 3877
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.