Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  257.1  258.1  259.1  260.1  261.1  262.1  263.1  264.1  265.1  266.1  ... 386  Next »
2612 to 2621 of 3860
User Details are only visible to members.
Not cold, Boo, Just plain talk. It's sad how a lot of people, including JS apparently don't bother to consider the collateral damage in regards to family, especially the children.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12265 posts)
Boo - You are entitled to your opinion. Even if it sounds A bit harsh, I feel you may not be far from the truth.

either way it was a waste.

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
Sorry folks.. flame all you want..

But JS took the cowardly way out of life. Have a 7.62 thud next to you on a deck plate while dragging someone's son,,,, then see if you're thought of because "we" could play on a field with a ball...

great player? yes.. a coward??? even more so.. Call me a cold fucker because I have no remorse...

You're paid MILLIONS to accept the risk. While our service men and women get paid less than the poverty level and we feel bad for them? WTF is wrong with you??

Here's an idea,, External airbags for "athletes"....

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
A buddy of mine just took a picture of himself in front of Seau's restaurant.

Pile of flowers at the front door...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19348 posts)
I am not going to say that the affiliation with head trauma may or may not have an effect on a persons mental state, but some players tend to live beyond normalcy, and may have issues with seperation from the sport. It is a Tragedy none the less. perhaps it is best to wait for all reports to come out before aspersions are cast about how or why.

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
How about cushioning systems OUTSIDE the helmets and pads.

Even a casual observer can tell that pads and helmets are as much used as offensive weapons as they are defensive ones. As a kid, like many of the guys on here I suppose, we always played sandlot tackle football without pads or helmets at all. Seems that the evolution of the game necessitated helmets to protect against occasional blows to the head, and then the rest of the padding was necessitated to protect against the helmet.

RIP Junior, whatever the cause of your distress.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2377 posts)
It's not just FB helmets,,, it's all of them.. Hitting the ground from 60ft out at 50mph (MX) is something that not many helmets are going protect against; no matter how they're made. I'm not taking away from FB being an impact sport. But I'm not going to take my life because I can't race anymore.. I have my plates and pins to prove it...

I can see where it can get to your mind...

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
It doesn't matter Nic. The media has an agenda. It will be assumed and it is already being reported he shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain for examination.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that Junior took his life because of head trauma. He had a fairly turbulent life lately, with a domestic violence arrest, and the couple of out of court settlements I referenced earlier.

Those, in addition adjusting to life post football, is a pretty tough row to hoe.

However, lets not let that diminish his accomplishments in life. He was a tireless worker for the local Boys and Girls clubs, giving both time and money in abundance.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19348 posts)
That is a huge assumption Boink. Not every suicide is a result of previous head trauma. Bad enough that the media and player's association will jump to that conclusion but there are plenty of people who never played football (or took a blow to the head) who have become suicidal. How about we let the facts come out before all the wild speculation?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  257.1  258.1  259.1  260.1  261.1  262.1  263.1  264.1  265.1  266.1  ... 386  Next »
2612 to 2621 of 3860
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.