Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 454  Next »
21 to 30 of 4538
User Details are only visible to members.
I hate the new sail boat there use in the America cup . I like a sail boat to look like a sail boat and not some thing out of Stat Wars .I'm a yesterday sailor in a tomorrows world . I'm a old school boater . Even the new power boats are "Fgly".

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(10429 posts)
The Olympics are a pretty tough thing to cover. So many sports and so spread out. Like Fokkers pointed out, if there isn't an American face in the final, no one in the US is going to watch. Unless you have a character like Eddie the Eagle, or maybe a mind boggling athlete like Apollo Ono.

They almost need a few channels kind of like C-span with a crew of camera and sound people covering the different sport bare bones style. Maybe an enthusiast of the sport providing commentary for free. That way people could watch their favorite thing, Ping Pong for me, synchronized swimming for someone else, without breaking the bank. The trouble is that even that kind of coverage costs a lot. I have a buddy who used to be a TV sound guy for professional sports events. He got a paid trip to Nagano just to lay out microphones on the downhill ski run each day, so we could hear the skis scrape the snow and all the fans with cowbells.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1751 posts)
The America's Cup is still great to watch just for the sheer technology that is implemented into the boats. Technology has changed it from a relative "gentlemen's sporting adventure" into the equivalent of F1 on the seas. Turner was one of the last old school skippers. I believe it was Australia II (could be wrong on ) that caused the escalation with there use of the winged keel. It was so innovative and changed it. Then when you add the change to the cats well at that point the shit became all about computers, for a sport that depends on the wind.

Technology is always going to make sports better or worse. I remember watching Greg Lemond comeback from 50 seconds down on the final stage into Paris and defeat Laurant Fignon by 8 seconds. Greg was using these new fangled clip on aero bars and Laurant went with cow horns, it was never going to be a fair fight. Given technologies involvement doesn't make a champion, you still hav e to go out there and train your ass off, the tech just gives you a slight edge. Which the argument can be made is exactly what PEDs do.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1837 posts)
I never saw any of it, I lost interest .Like the Americas cup sail boat racing ,when it was in Newport R.I. it was fun to watch on T.V. ,People like Ted Turner made it interesting . Now its so different I lost interest in that also . Ok bring on Yankee base ball LOL .Yankees have a very young team ,going to be an interesting season No DRAMA with A Rod gone

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(10429 posts)
The problem with Olympic coverage is that I feel there is no American contender (especially in fringe sports) the coverage is horrible. If it's not one of the 'premier' sports there's is no coverage, or ever since NBC got it its relegated to late hours and the off networks. Bob Costas 'used' to be good, a single of late he isn't just boring. I like Tirico but he is in the same mold, that look at me I am so professional. They need younger and different to anchor the coverage and the coverage needs to be more diverse. I love track and field and since it's a premier Olympic sport, coverage is always good. I also like triathlon and cycling. Tri coverage was meager at best; cycling coverage could have been better as well.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1837 posts)
Kelly no one watch the Olympie last year any way .Was done so poorly .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(10429 posts)
WOW

Bob Costas passes Olympic hosting torch to Mike Tirico

Santa Fe NM
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
Init,

For your benefit I'll go along with goat. I have some familiarity with goats. They seem to like to pee and shit on their bedding and feed. That's a pretty apt description of what I think TB has done for the game.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1751 posts)
Feb 16 for the Sox...

I thought GOAT stood for Giants Only Ambush Tom?

Chez

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(915 posts)
Y'all still talking about this??

I'm just wondering how many more days before spring training?

Go Sox!

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12864 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 454  Next »
21 to 30 of 4538
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.