Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 417  Next »
191 to 200 of 4166
User Details are only visible to members.
We are with you Smooth COWBOYS!!!

Cross Lanes WV
Username hidden
(170 posts)
Dallas Cowboys

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8456 posts)
Alright bud. Gotta root for somebody. Ohio it is!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1286 posts)
O H...

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
I went to Ohio State so....

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
So who's your favorite horse Scamp? Wolverines or Buckeyes?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1286 posts)
Maybe it is just the fan in me but I think the committee will pick the 1 loss Buckeyes over a 2 loss Big Ten Champs.

I also think they are rooting for either a Penn State loss or Michigan win so the Big Ten Champ is a one loss team.

Damn I love college football!

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
Scamp,

I didn't realize that, if Ohio State beats Michigan, and Penn state beats Michigan State, then Penn State, Not Ohio State, advances to the Big 10 final.

If Alabama, Washington, and Clemson all should run the table from here out, I can't see two Big 10 teams in a credible playoff series, regardless of relative quality. It would have to be the conference winner only. Not really different than the NFL where the two strongest teams are often from one conference and only one can advance.

Fun to speculate though because this time Saturday morning I may be rooting the Cougars on to the Rose bowl. My prognostication stands: It's gonna be a great week of football!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1286 posts)
If the current rankings are an indicator, I see Ohio State in the final 4 IF they beat Michigan. My feeling is if the committee felt they had to win the Big Ten Championship to get in, they would be ranked 3 or 4. 11-1 with 4 top 25 wins including Michigan, Wisconsin and Oklahoma? Tough to argue they wouldn't deserve to be in.

I do agree that Washington will be in if they win out but I don't see the Pac Ten Champion getting in if it isn't Washington. That would leave room for two Big Ten teams if Wisconsin or Penn State wins the Big Ten Championship game.

Alabama is in unless they lose to Auburn AND Florida. Not going to happen.

Clemson is in IF they win the ACC, no other ACC team would have much of a case should they upset Clemson.

SO many scenarios but here is my prediction.

Alabama wins out and is the #1 seed.

Clemson wins the ACC and moves into the #2 slot.

Ohio State beats TTUN and gets in as the #3 seed.

Washington claims the 4th spot by winning out.

What's that you say? What about the Big Ten Champion? Wisconsin will be PISSED but they lost to Ohio State AND Michigan and Penn State wouldn't be able to overcome losing to Pitt and getting blown out by Michigan, even though they beat the Buckeyes head to head.

And here is my GUARANTEE!

Something crazy will happen and nothing I just posted will make any sense in two weeks! lol

~Scamp~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
Scamp, (I'm assuming it's Scamp)

Hell of a week alright.

My Huskies control their own destiny. But the "Apple Cup" is on Friday and that scares the pants off of me. I've seen massively weaker teams win this cross-state rivalry before. And this year the Cougars are tough. I think the Huskies are clearly the better team but I never write this game off. Too many ghosts in the stadium.

So if (hopefully when) Washington wins, they go to the Pac 12 championship against Colorado or USC. Colorado, controls that. If they beat Utah, they go to the final. If they lose, USC goes based on record (the way SC has been playing I'd rather face Colorado). If Washington State wins Friday, the winner of the Pac 12 championship goes to the Rose Bowl. If the Huskies win, and then win the PAC 12 championship it's pretty much impossible to see how they could be left out of the final four (considering that Michigan and Ohio State are both ranked there now and one will lose Saturday). That would leave the loser of the Pac 12 championship in the Rose Bowl. Nice consolation prize. In fact, there's no way that either Colorado or USC after this weekend will be doing anything other than going to the Rose Bowl...unless.... With a loss either Friday or in the Pac 12 championship, the Huskies would miss even the Rose bowl, unless....

Then there's the Big 10. Ohio State and Michigan are both ranked in the top 4. One loses Saturday. The winner presumably plays Wisconsin. Then what happens if Wisconsin wins? Presumably they go to the playoffs and the loser of that game to the Rose Bowl. But, should Washington lose the Pac 12 championship to Colorado, Colorado might make the final 4 and the Huskies would, by default, go to the Rose Bowl. If not Colorado in that scenario, who would the 4th team be? Penn State? Or could it still be Ohio State or Michigan?

Gonna be a great weekend of football!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1286 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 417  Next »
191 to 200 of 4166
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.