Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ... 471  Next »
161 to 170 of 4705
User Details are only visible to members.
My personal best was a few seconds below what he averaged 4:33... I was done after that, and I could never imagine doing it for 25 more miles.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
Takes mee 4 minutes to walk to the coffee maker in the morning...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22232 posts)
"the average pace for the 26.2 was 4:35 min/mile."

Amazing!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
The event was a one off event put together by NIKE, I do believe the 25 seconds will be enough motivation and show that it can be done, that there will be runners who will try to go for it during the fall racing season. My guess will be either Berlin or Chicago with its flat courses. If the weather is cool enough someone might just go for it.

BTW: the average pace for the 26.2 was 4:35 min/mile.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
"I don't think he will be all the heartbroken" definitely not..but thinking "25 seconds"..

Here's to next time! He's got this.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
Lol, I don't think he will be all the heartbroken, he does have the gold medal from the Rio Olympics in the marathon.

The amount of work given to make this happen was crazy.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
That's pretty cool! That guy can run. Betcha today he is thinking.."25 seconds!!!"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
Eliud Kipchoge, just finished running the marathon distance of 26.2 in 2:00:24; while not a world record because it was done under conditions including pacers being replaced and a race track came within seconds of being the first person to finish the distance in under 2 hours. Nike spent 2 years on this Breaking2 project and it almost happened. What it proves is that the human body can operate at high efficiency and stress for the distance. The 2 hour mark is the long distance equivelant of breaking the 4 minute mile. Nike chose the date of May 6th as it was on May 6th, 1954 that Sir Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile mark. Even though Elite didn't succeed ( a total of 3 runners started the attempt with the other 2 dropping) it is still a remarkable accomplishment. For this track and field nerd this was amazing to watch.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
Still one of the best moments I have ever watched in baseball from a non baseball fan.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
Those are great right and you have to be watching live to get the full effect. I still remember Kirk Gibson's pinch hit HR in the World Series.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ... 471  Next »
161 to 170 of 4705
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.