Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 418  Next »
121 to 130 of 4179
User Details are only visible to members.
Scamp lives! LOL

I think the committee is secretly praying for either a Washington or Clemson loss. And don't worry Scamp, those of us out hear on the West Coast are used to beyond the 100th meridian bias.

Go Dawgs!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1290 posts)
"Bet nobody else comes up with this"

Yeah, pretty sure no one else is going to have Washington any higher than 4th.

BTW, I like how you think BLM.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4597 posts)
"Ok. If that's the only way I'm gonna get a rise out of you."

Nah, too much of a college football fan to get all worked up over this stuff. I just find the various positions fascinating.

I base my predictions on what the committee has said about wanting to pick the top 4 teams and if there are two teams that have similar resumes, they will use head to head and conference titles as "tie breakers". That means if they believe one team is clearly superior (IE Alabama), they are in regardless what happens this weekend. I think Ohio State is in that category.

For example, here is what they are saying about comparing Ohio State and Penn State, "..the selection committee recognizes the head-to-head win," said committee chair Kirby Hocutt, "but in this particular case, it hasn't been the distinguishing point in our evaluation of those two teams." That tells me not only would the committee take OSU over PSU, they are saying OSU is in over Wisconsin (who they beat head to head) which indicates to me the Buckeyes are in over ANY conference champion of ANY conference. Why? Because like it or not, the Big10 is recognized as the best conference in college football this year.

Here is what they said about Washington: "It's been a concern for the committee, and I would say that it continues to be a concern for the selection committee with Washington's strength of schedule," Hocutt said." This was in reference to comparing Washington to Michigan but it does not bode well that they feel the likely Pac12 Champion hasn't played a top level schedule and that is what makes me think the Big10 Champion, especially if it is Wisconsin will jump into the top four, forcing Washington out. Remember, if the Huskies beat Colorado, that will be their first and only win against a top 10 team.

Personally, I would put Washington in ahead of Clemson but the committee continues to rank Clemson higher which is why I said the Tigers would have to lose for Washington to get in.

Granted, I am applying logic to a committee that defies it but hey, I've got nothing better to do at the moment.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4597 posts)
Still no rise out of scamp dammit.

I guess I know where well both be tomorrow afternoon blm.

Go Dawgs!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1290 posts)
I'm gonna go one step further and pic the Nat'l Champion unless we shouldn't count that game because Bama is just that good this year. ;-)

OSU National Champions. Just look how well they played against MI LATE in the season. Best experience winning LATE in the season gives them the edge. They got this one.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6128 posts)
1) Bama 2) OSU 3) Clemson 4) Washington 5) Michigan

Bama nuff said. OSU beating Michigan LATE in the season barely lost to Penn and beat OK..they have a great chance against Bama. Clemson will beat VT and have only one loss. Huskies win and they are in..but rooting for CO! Go Buffs!! 5) Michigan! Just look how well they played OSU!!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6128 posts)
Hmmm...getting interesting.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6128 posts)
Ok. If that's the only way I'm gonna get a rise out of you.

Washington clobbers Colorado (it could happen). Penn State clobbers Wisconsin (I think this is likely actually). Clemson is lackluster against Virginia Tech (a bit of wishful thinking on my part or perhaps overconfidence on their part).The final five:

1) Alabama 2) Washington 3) Clemson 4) Penn State 5) Ohio State

Bet nobody else comes up with this

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1290 posts)
It is really just about bragging rights.

So who else wants to make a prediction? Let's see who gets the most right and in what order.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4597 posts)
Makes as much sense as the committee's choice (i.e. fantasy football).

No point in wagering anyway. You can't ship alcohol to Louisiana. Oh wait...you're gonna lose though... ;)

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1290 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 418  Next »
121 to 130 of 4179
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.