Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 454  Next »
111 to 120 of 4538
User Details are only visible to members.
The other main factor for me is the era.

No way you can really make a comparison between Johnny U or Lenny Dawson, or even Terry Bradshaw, with the QB's of today. The rules are just completely different.

Hell, they might as well dress the receivers and QB's in tutus now.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21507 posts)
Interesting I just heard a critique on these two yesterday on Sports Radio (Aikman and Elway). One knock was Aikman never performed well in poor weather games (rain or cold). I think the guy was one of the best pure pocket passers and had a cannon arm. Elway, cannon arm and wasn't afraid to run when he had to.... But measuring the best by rings? Come on Man... then Johnny U or Dan Marino wouldn't be one of the best?

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(934 posts)
"So best will be who holds the most rings. "

I can only partially agree with that. As TBR said you need to look at the totality of their work. Football is the sport most dependent on teammates and coaches for success. No one person can dominate when there are 22 (or 53) players a side and the game is so much more complex than other sports.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(255 posts)
BUT Aikman is better than Elway because he has more rings! Period.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7512 posts)
My point. The only thing separating the two are loses. You could also make the argument that without Davis, John may have never won since Terrel was the difference in those games.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1902 posts)
Hell ya!!! I wouldn't trade Elway for Aikman. It get's fun comparing QB's and who is the greatest or who's better than who. Do you go by winningest, SuperBowl appearences, passing yards, what players surrounded them,era,comebacks and the list goes on. Or subjective like John Elway is better than Troy Aikman because Troy is a dick, Troy had better players surrounding him his career, John has more wins, more passing years and I hate Dallas .. HA! Dallas sucks and pretty much the country agrees with that...but I digress.

For Greatest Of All Time I use SuperBowl wins. That's what every player and fan wants every year. They will trade the best QB for a SuperBowl win every time if they can. That's what Denver did and got one with Osweiler/Manning switch. So best will be who holds the most rings.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7512 posts)
"... Aikmen over Elway on the fact that Elway did lose 2 SBs. Both had great teams around them that made them look great. "

Disagree, Elway played with a bunch of nobodies and lost all those Superbowls until Terrell Davis came along.

Aikman had HOF'ers for RB, WR, O-line and all pro's for Tight End and on defense.

Elway did more with less (except win SB's) than just about any QB in history.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(255 posts)
TBR: great comment. ISO true the pass crazy offenses of today really originated with the AFL. No one can deny that the SF/LA Bolts relied a crazy amount on the arm of Fouts.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1902 posts)
I'll agree with that.

I'm a Chargers homer, so I think Dan Fouts and his coach Don Coryell (and Sid Gillman) get short shrift from the league.

All of the offenses today are built on the Chargers offenses of the late 1970s-early 1980s.

Others have improved it, but the Chargers did it first...

But no Superb Owls because of poor ownership, among other things.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21507 posts)
As a Cowboy fan I will edge Aikmen over Elway on the fact that Elway did lose 2 SBs. Both had great teams around them that made them look great.

QBs are a product of their environment. One man can be the difference maker, but he still requires help from others. Perfect example is Eli who needed help from his receivers to be the difference maker.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1902 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 454  Next »
111 to 120 of 4538
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.