Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 453  Next »
111 to 120 of 4524
User Details are only visible to members.
Absolutely, the gray areas are where the great ones exploit.

Take F1 racing as an example. The FIA sets the car specs down to the most mundane factors. They control test times, wind tunnel testing, even driver weight loss during a race. Yet over the last couple of seasons Red Bull and Mercedes have found the little gray areas especially in the down force areas to create cars so dominant that they have no equals. Everyone then copies and the rules change again and once again they find lioop holes. It's innovation. In the NFL it's abll about preparation for your next opponent. Sometimes the rules aren't too specific and you have to test them to find if someone will call you out. I laughed over the whole deflategate thing in that as much as the balls were soft and offered TB12 a better grip, it may not have been optimal for the receivers, they had to adjust. The great ones adjust, they are never satisfied with what is the norm.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1684 posts)
The refs could probably call a foul on someone in well over 50% of NFL plays. Lots of strategic cheating going on.

My son is a high school and has been a college football coach. If you are not figuring different ways to gain an advantage, you are dead. This includes grey areas in the rules.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21353 posts)
I guess his jealousy of the guy who kicked his ass as a youth has now been transferred to an NFL player who doesn't happen to play for his team.

And trust me, after reading current's posts here in the sports threads, he is a total homer and if TB played for his Seahawks, he would be first in line to polish the bronze statue and proclaim him GOAT.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5122 posts)
LOL! go get 'em current. Just remember none of us are getting paid a dime to root for either team. At the end of the day let's hope for a great game.

"strategically cheating" I think this is the only thing that Bill and Tom are not good at.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7050 posts)
"I think TB12 banged current's sister, or wife\gf and then never called back. The only other way I can see his irrational hatred is pure jealousy. "

Hilarious. On behalf of my sister and girlfriend Fuck you asshole.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1676 posts)
@BT

You apparently missed my second post. Skilled does not equal great in my book.

Years ago, decades actually, I competed up to the national level in amateur sports. One of the best players I ever played against was the captain of a perennial rival team. This guy had it all - amazing skills, great fitness, coordination, a strategic mind. Yet he also believed in "strategic cheating". Intentional fouls away from the play, sleight of hand (what he laughingly called "the hand of God) etc. He thought it made him a better player because it led to some extra victories. And if the refs missed it, it was ok. If they caught it and he still won, maybe by distracting his opponents and taking them out of the game, it was still worth it. He was up front about it when confronted. By any means necessary I guess. This guy could beat me one on one eight times out of ten, maybe nine. The fact that he made it 19 out of 20 by "strategically cheating" didn't make him 5% better in my book. It made him unworthy of any respect. I guess that stuck with me.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1676 posts)
Misdirected at best. That would surely be bragging rights here on SLS

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7050 posts)
I think TB12 banged current's sister, or wife\gf and then never called back. The only other way I can see his irrational hatred is pure jealousy.

Danvers MA
Username hidden
(244 posts)
"BT I think great players can be assholes and not worthy of my respect. It's that simple."

Current, I never tried to argue that point with you. It's that simple ;-)

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12637 posts)
"Just win baby" ... I hate Al Davis.. lol

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7050 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 453  Next »
111 to 120 of 4524
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.