Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 453  Next »
101 to 110 of 4522
User Details are only visible to members.
"... Aikmen over Elway on the fact that Elway did lose 2 SBs. Both had great teams around them that made them look great. "

Disagree, Elway played with a bunch of nobodies and lost all those Superbowls until Terrell Davis came along.

Aikman had HOF'ers for RB, WR, O-line and all pro's for Tight End and on defense.

Elway did more with less (except win SB's) than just about any QB in history.

Danvers MA
Username hidden
(241 posts)
TBR: great comment. ISO true the pass crazy offenses of today really originated with the AFL. No one can deny that the SF/LA Bolts relied a crazy amount on the arm of Fouts.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1570 posts)
I'll agree with that.

I'm a Chargers homer, so I think Dan Fouts and his coach Don Coryell (and Sid Gillman) get short shrift from the league.

All of the offenses today are built on the Chargers offenses of the late 1970s-early 1980s.

Others have improved it, but the Chargers did it first...

But no Superb Owls because of poor ownership, among other things.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21113 posts)
As a Cowboy fan I will edge Aikmen over Elway on the fact that Elway did lose 2 SBs. Both had great teams around them that made them look great.

QBs are a product of their environment. One man can be the difference maker, but he still requires help from others. Perfect example is Eli who needed help from his receivers to be the difference maker.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1570 posts)
So Jim Plunkett is a better QB than Brett Farve?

Bob Griese is better than Dan Marino?

Troy Aikman better than John Elway?

Totality of work.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21113 posts)
BT - do you consider Dan Marino a great QB? How about Fran Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Jim Kelley? They don't have rings but were great still.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1570 posts)
Great qbs are measured by super bowl rings. Especially a qb that has won super bowl rings at different times in his career.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(1304 posts)
Well, this certainly turned out the way I thought it would.

BT

Looking forward to Sunday.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12549 posts)
Absolutely, the gray areas are where the great ones exploit.

Take F1 racing as an example. The FIA sets the car specs down to the most mundane factors. They control test times, wind tunnel testing, even driver weight loss during a race. Yet over the last couple of seasons Red Bull and Mercedes have found the little gray areas especially in the down force areas to create cars so dominant that they have no equals. Everyone then copies and the rules change again and once again they find lioop holes. It's innovation. In the NFL it's abll about preparation for your next opponent. Sometimes the rules aren't too specific and you have to test them to find if someone will call you out. I laughed over the whole deflategate thing in that as much as the balls were soft and offered TB12 a better grip, it may not have been optimal for the receivers, they had to adjust. The great ones adjust, they are never satisfied with what is the norm.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1570 posts)
The refs could probably call a foul on someone in well over 50% of NFL plays. Lots of strategic cheating going on.

My son is a high school and has been a college football coach. If you are not figuring different ways to gain an advantage, you are dead. This includes grey areas in the rules.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21113 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 453  Next »
101 to 110 of 4522
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.