Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
Created by: MRHEAT The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 481  Next »
1 to 10 of 4801
User Details are only visible to members.
Agreed. But then I haven't seen the TV schedule yet. What f-ing genius was it that scheduled the Miami Clemson game and the Ohio State Wisconsin game in the same time slot? And how much did that cost the NCAA in revenue?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2276 posts)
But how awesome is it that the top 16 teams are all playing each other in bowl games?!

1 Clemson v 4 Alabama

2 Oklahoma v 3 Georgia

5 Ohio State v 7 USC

6 Wisconsin v 11 Miami

8 Auburn v 10 UFC

9 Penn State v 12 Washington

13 TCU v 16 Stanford

14 LSU v 15 Notre Dame

Has this ever happened before? Gotta day this is the best slate of bowl games I can remember.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5957 posts)
The strange (maybe awesome?) thing about football is how just about any team can choke or lose their mojo, or perhaps get beat by a spark igniting some sort of synergy or who knows what in a lesser team. Ohio State getting crushed by Iowa. USC losing to Washington State who then gets crushed by, of all teams, Cal. Washington losing to Arizona State and no one else but a close game to Stanford. Stanford rallies in barn burner come from behind over Notre Dame and yet can't catch fire in the Pac 12 championship. Miami loses to Pitt, and on and on.

And then there was Sunday night football last night. Does anyone think the Seahawks are a better team this year than Philly? I don't. But somehow the Hawks reached down, pulled together, stepped up and just flat beat a fantastic team that played well. It was hands down the Hawks best game of the year. They could have beat anybody last night. And they did.

I love football.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2276 posts)
Washington (the real Dawgs) verses Penn State.

I'm in the odd position of totally agreeing with Scamp about big ten football. It's nothing personal against Ohio State BTW Scamp, just personal against a lifetime of trash talk about the PAC (8, 10) 12 by big ten fans and AP pollsters. I'm just conditioned to love to hate big ten teams. I too am bummed that the traditional venue for this family feud - the Rose Bowl - is usurped this year.

I would have preferred Ohio State to Alabama. Bama lost to Auburn, who got manhandled by Georgia so they're in. Makes no sense. But that battle was lost when whoever it was set up such an easy schedule for a perennial queen like Bama. Bottom line we really don't know how good they are this year.

SC and Ohio will be interesting. Should have been Ohio Stanford but Stanford decided not to bother showing up for the Pac 12 final. For anyone who missed that game, their delay of game penalty on first and goal on the three pretty much summed up their level of focus throughout that three point loss.

Go football!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2276 posts)
The argument can be made that Ohio State has more quality wins but the 31 point loss to a 7-5 Iowa was too much to overcome.

Just saw we will face USC in the Cotton Bowl. Is the Fiesta going to be Washington vs Wisconsin?

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5957 posts)
Super excited to see UCF playing Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Maybe the biggest game in this school's history. It will be a little intimidating, but I hope the Knights put up a good showing.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(322 posts)
My reasoning is probably weak to serious fans of either as far as how I arrive at my opinion.

Looking at each teams schedule this season, I see 5 schools on OSU's schedule that I think get little respect in Div. 1 NCAA football. I count 3 on Bama's.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(322 posts)
My feeling going into the game was Ohio State needed a dominant performance vs Wisconsin to overcome the Alabama hype so I am not surprised by the committee’s picks.

I will say though that if all that matters is the “ eye test” then you might as well do away with conference championships and make it the beauty pageant it’s become.

I am looking forward to a classic match up with USC in the Fiesta Bowl, just wish the Rose Bowl wasn’t tied to the playoff this year.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5957 posts)
Not a fan of either, but between OSU and Bama, I think Alabama was the right choice.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(322 posts)
GO DAWGS!!!!! SIC 'EM!

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5886 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 481  Next »
1 to 10 of 4801
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.