Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports:_Football,_UFC,_Boxing,_Wrestling,_Golf,_BasketBall,_Baseball,_soccer,etc_Or_any_other_Sport_u_would_like_to_Discuss
Created by: MRHEAT The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 479  Next »
1 to 10 of 4785
User Details are only visible to members.
If this play out the way I HOPE they do, my top four would be.

Alabama

Clemson

Oklahoma

Ohio State

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5937 posts)
I agree Sir, the SEC is the wildcard. If Bama wins out, I only see one SEC team in the playoffs. But if they lose to Auburn? Bama will still get in plus the SEC champ.

I am not expecting the Buckeyes will get in but I think they have a shot.

And yeah, the west coast gets no love from the polls.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5937 posts)
Scamp... I think tOSU beats Wiscy in the BIG championship game and that they will be the two loss Conf champ. Especially if Michigan can take care of business this weekend against Wisc. That’ll strengthen your SOS.

However my 4 are: Alabama Clemson Oklahoma Georgia if they lose to Alabama close in SEC title game.

If Georgia beats Alabama & it’s close then it’s:

Clemson Oklahoma Georgia Alabama

If Auburn beats Bama, & then goes on to win the SEC then it’s:

Clemson Auburn Alabama Oklahoma

If Auburn beats Bama & loses to Georgia same teams as first scenario w/ UGA & Oklahoma switching spots

I guess I see 2 SEC teams in it this year w/ Pac & BIG out AND the fact the Rose Bowl is a CFP semi our champs can’t play in our Grand Daddy of them all is added insult to injury & instead we’ll play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(2134 posts)
After our (UW) performance on the farm Friday night... the only chance is for a 2 loss USC from the Pac 12. Going into this past weekend we were projected into the Fiesta Bowl & now w/ our loss to The Tree... the ESPN projectors have us being a 2 loss participant in the Fosters Farm Bowl.

It’s one thing to play your schedule but it’s another thing to also have to play against the East Coast Media... No love at all this year.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(2134 posts)
How about this question, is there a scenario where your team can make it?

If my projected ranking is correct, there are 7 teams ahead of the Buckeyes but they only need to leapfrog 4 of them. If Alabama wins out, they eliminate Auburn (3 losses) and Georgia (2 losses and no conference title)

If Clemson wins out, they eliminate Miami. Their power ranking can’t withstand a loss and I don’t see 2 ACC teams in.

That means the Buckeyes just need to win their remaining two games and beat Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship.

I would think the committee would take a 2 loss Big Ten champion over any other 2 loss team or a weaker conference one loss team.

I give that a 5% chance.

“So you’re saying there’s a chance...”

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5937 posts)
As expected, things are sorting themselves out.

Notre Dame just made it easier on the committee. Two losses and no championship game to make a case.

Georgia’s loss makes it less likely that two SEC team can make the playoffs opening the door for a Big Ten or Pac 10 champ.

So this week’s final four may look like this.

Alabama

Oklahoma

Miami

Clemson

One ACC team will be eliminated in their championship game leaving the door open for Wisconsin if they win out.

So much more will happen but it will get much more interesting with rivalry games and championship games yet to come.

Anyone want to guess the actual final 4 now?

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5937 posts)
And then there are the Seahawks. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrghhh! Losing a game by three points and Blair Walsh with three missed field goals. Two of them chip shots. All of them wide to the left.

This idiot did exactly the same thing in a game against the friggin' Seahawks last year when he played for the Vikings. We won that game. You'd think the Hawk's coaching staff would have noticed. And this is the replacement we got for Steven Hauschka because he choked too many times? And Hauschka just set a record for consecutive kicks over fifty yards for the Buffalo Bills. You're welcome.

To quote Happy Gilmore: *#% Damned Mother #@%&ing piece of Monkey $@8#

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2251 posts)
I think UGA and bama will be a great game. Their strengths and weaknesses are opposite. UGA great offense bama great D. UGA ok defense -bama ok offense.

Bethlehem PA
Username hidden
(2608 posts)
Hey Curreby... the whole thing and enjoyed it immensely. Was a great football day for me as earlier in the day I went to the UGA / So Carolina game in Athens. After going to the CFP semi last year and seeing Alabama in person against UW & then seeing UGA yesterday... UGA doesn’t pass the eye test like ‘Bama does. Alabama is just at a different level than the rest of us.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(2134 posts)
After beating Penn State I felt the Buckeyes controlled their own destiny. Now it would take half a dozen teams taking a loss so the playoffs are out of the question this year.

Wisconsin looks like the only Big Ten hope and the committee hasn’t given them much love.

Just as we saw this weekend, all of this will sort itself out. An ND loss or a Georgia stumble reshuffles the deck. At this point, with my team out of the mix, I just want to see the 4 best teams and three great games.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5937 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 479  Next »
1 to 10 of 4785
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.