Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss : Swingers Discussion 1697461071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 3554   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So this kid's a full ride, right?

Free tuition.

Free housing.

Free meal plan.

I'm surprised it doesn't include free hookers. Seriously? This kid is going to have to grow up a little bit someday.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18745 posts)
Student-Athletes (lol @ that term, btw) help generate hundreds of millions of dollars each year for their schools and the NCAA as a whole and receive very little compensation beyond their scholarship, which can be terminated at any time for practically any reason. No scholarship is guaranteed for a single year, let alone a full 4 years.

I've been a proponent of college athletes getting some sort of monthly stipend in addition to their scholarships. Nothing extraordinary, but a little something to put in their pocket so they can take a boy or girl out to dinner and a movie every now and then, pay their car insurance, cell phone bill, or whatever. Scholarship athletes are not allowed to get a p/t job to help cover those types of expenses. Scholarship athletes in basketball and football (the 2 most profitable sports in college athletics) are also the most likely of all college athletes to come from poor backgrounds, so their families aren't likely to be able to provide their kids with the financial means to enjoy a few "luxuries" that most others have.

Of course, this really has nothing to do with the UConn kid who says he can't eat. That's his own damn fault.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
The recent rule change is primarily for the benefit of student-athletes who didn't merit a scholarship. This will allow universities to provide meals or meal subsidies to walk-on, non-scholarship athletes.

People who are clamoring for student-athletes to be paid salaries often have no clue about the issues that would be involved. I'm not adamantly opposed to it, but it's not as simple as people think.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
I am under the impression that they are not allowed to receive gifts openly or otherwise. In any event, I know how costly it is to maintain an athletic diet and all the supplements that go along with it. Food is a huge expense today, even in my world so I feel for not only him as I am sure there are others. Why did it have to get to this point for the Board or whoever to now want to mandate a change? When my sons were in college they worked and some of their friends slept in their rooms and ate food that I took out there because they didn't have money. I think the NCAA needs to re-examine a number of things.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2505 posts)
"or the kid is profoundly inept at managing money"

---Or, the kid seems to think it's someone else's job to feed him.

"Rep. Matthew Lesser said he and other state lawmakers are considering legislation. "

----Oh boy! That'll fix everything!

--------

This kid is a fucking idiot.

UConn's student-athlete handbook lays out provisions for dining and says athletes can eat in any residence hall between 7 a.m. and 7:15 p.m.

"If you live off campus and your grant-in-aid includes meals, you may use your stipend to purchase an on-campus meal plan. ... This will entitle you to eat in any of the facilities," the handbook states.

Phil Chardis, a spokesman for UConn athletics, issued a statement to that effect, telling CNN that "Napier, like all our scholarship athletes, is provided the maximum meal plan that is allowable under NCAA rules. UConn does not have a cafeteria devoted specifically to student-athletes, but they have access to the same cafeterias which are available to all our students."

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18745 posts)
"the kid at the University of Conn who goes to bed hungry."

I suspect this is either an exaggeration or the kid is profoundly inept at managing money. Most Division I scholar-athletes on full scholarship in the major sports get either a monthly allowance for room and board, or live in dorms with full access to the cafeteria and/or training table. They also get fairly generous per diem allowances for incidentals when they travel. 

Those are the legal benefits, and in sports like basketball, the vast majority of highly-recruited players get substantial amounts of under-the-table inducements, often in the tens of thousands and sometimes even six-figure money. A lot of them also get today's equivalent of the old "hundred dollar handshake" from boosters if they perform well.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
OMG: I just read on Bloomberg about the kid at the University of Conn who goes to bed hungry. WTF is up with that? Now, they've approved unlimited food for the athletes to begin sometime in August or some other stupid shit. What are they supposed to do until then as the NCAA rakes in hordes of dollars. I am going to get that kid's address and send him some money. I retweeted it showing my indignation and saying it should be done immediately.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2505 posts)
"oh btw pg what a pic."

thank you handsome.

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17505 posts)
LCC - sad but true. Good thing we have 160 more games left in the season!! It's early, too early to start smack talking or getting worried!

Btw - got my new NYY cap in the mail yesterday!

Little Rock AR

Username hidden
(978 posts)
oh btw pg what a pic. that's better than opening day.

Jamaica NY

Username hidden
(881 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 3554   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss