Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... More 
Start   3261 to 3270 of 3687   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fun I got my info from Phil Steele's college football. I think he ws listing their SEC records, not overall records. My fault for not pointing that out.

It is also from the last THREE years not two. I'm not saying one is better then the other, I just found it interesting that their numbers are comparable. So many use stats here to prove their points, but once they don't agree they turn against stats. I also said that there are three teams that dominate the SEC with a couple of teams thrown in here and there, Auburn being that team last year and this year S. Carolina and Arkansas. Auburn down this year, not as good as their record shows. Georgia down, Tennessee not the powerhouse it once was. Kentucky, not a problem, Mississippi St. obviously not a problem for the top 3 aforementioned teams and Mississippi and Vanderbilt, enough said. The three teams don't play each other week in and week out. And the others just because it says SEC dosen't mean it's always a tough game. Besides all conference teams play each other and they are ALL tough games when they are on the field.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Bob Stoops is a local guy, along with his brother Mike (Arizona), Bo Pellini (Nebraska) and of course, the now infamous Jim Tressel. The Stoops and Pellinis went to the same HS. Ohio in general and Youngstown in particular has been a hot bed for college coaches. I believe the stat I saw recently was that 15% of all NCAA head coaches are from Ohio. Les Miles, Gary Pinkel (Mizu) and former Gator coach Urban Meyer are Buckeye natives.

And yes, I am talking about coaches because my Buckeyes are a non-factor on the field this year.

lol

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12140 posts)
I agree about the Sooners. This year might be able to go all the way.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Not so sure I can agree with ATown, and also can't figure out where a lot of your records come from. (e.g., you show Auburn with a 13-11 record over the last two years; they were 14-0 last year and 8-5 the year before, or 22-5 total; you have similar errors for other teams).

If you take out those three teams you mentioned, they account for a total of five national championships won by SEC teams during the last decade. But that still leaves Auburn, which won the NC last year. (Auburn also won the SEC championship and went 14-0 in 2004, yet was shut out of the NC game.) Tennessee has been down recently but won the BCS NC in 1998. Other teams such as Arkansas, Georgia and South Carolina field very strong teams consistently, and the only reason their records aren't better is because they have to play the Floridas, LSUs, and Alabamas every week. Ohio State is the strongest program in the Big 10, and until last year when they edged out Arkansas by 5 points in the Sugar, OSU was 0-eternity against the SEC in bowls.

To get an idea of how strong the conference is top to bottom, just look at the two worst programs in the SEC West: Miss. State and Ole Miss. Last year MSU absolutely pummeled Michigan. Ole Miss, a terrible program by SEC standards, beat a ranked Oklahoma St. team in the Cotton Bowl two years ago, and a ranked Texas Tech team there the year before that.

Nic has a good point about overall history, but at present there simply is no other conference that even touches the strength of the SEC.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Nice analysis Atown...the argument for the SEC faithful is their recent domination in BCS bowl games, including national championships. Emphasis on RECENT. Your stats show the overall strength of the conferences are pretty comparable but until A Big Ten school wins another title, I have a feeling they won't be swayed.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12140 posts)
good comparison A-Town. Big 10 is down a little this year I think, with what happened at OSU and with the PSU program in general decline the last several years. Nebraska and Wisconsin are tough, drops off after that. SEC is a little better this year I believe. Amazing to watch the scuffle that has been going on with teams attempting to change conferences lately, probably going to look very different a couple years from now.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
Will have to pop in and out of the forums to see what's going on in college ball as my TV will have Dora, Sponge Bob, or a Disney movie playing until tomorrow evening, after the granddaughter go to bed and the Stillers are on, but that game may not be worth watchin as Peyton is still out. If the Browns can beat them (the Colts), don't see much of a game with da burgh boys. Curious to see if Pitt can overcome the fighting Irish.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
It's interesting to see the comments of SEC vs. Big Ten of who is better. Right now SEC is living off of 3 teams with one maybe two every year thrown in there for good measure. I look at the SEC and think that if you remove those top 3 teams (LSU, Alabama and Florida) they are an average conference, just like the others. ACC--Va. Tech, Florida St. and Miami. Big Ten--Ohio St., Penn St., Wisconsin and now Nebraska. PAC 12--USC, Oregon, California. BIG 12-- Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri-Nebraska was there other top school. Granted the top 3 teams are good, but really look at it top to bottom. The past 3 years are interesting record wise.

SEC BIG TEN 1. Alabama 21-3 Ohio St. 21-3 2. Florida 19-5 Penn St. 17-7 3. LSU 14-10 Michigan St. 17-7 4. Georgia 13-11 Iowa 15-9 5. Auburn 13-11 Wisconsin 15-9 6. S. Carolina 12-12 Northwestern 13-11 7. Arkansas 11-13 Illinois 9-15 8. Tennessee 10-14 Purdue 8-16 9. Ole Miss 10-14 Minnesota 8-16 10. Mississippi St. 9-15 Michigan 6-18 11. Kentucky 7-17 Indiana 3-21 12. Vanderbilt 5-19 Now Nebraska 17-7

Totals 144-144 149-139

The two bowl games that match up the SEC and BIG TEN Capital One Bowl and the Outback Bowl. The past 6 years they are evenly matched 6-6. SEC pulls away in other head to head bowl matchups (10-7). The BCS head to head 2006 Florida 41 Ohio St. 14 and 2007 LSU 38 Ohio St. 24. 2010 Gator Bowl Mississippi St. 52 Michigan 14 2006 Cotton Bowl Auburn 17 Nebraska 14 (Technically not a conference head to head). 2010 Sugar Bowl Ohio St. 31 Arkansas 26

Overall they are comparable.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Nic, book it.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Rooting for WVU, but I dont think they have the horses up front on offense to stop the tough LSU D-line

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... More 
Start   3261 to 3270 of 3687   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss