Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss : Swingers Discussion 169746103011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
GoTo Page: Less ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... More 
Start   3011 to 3020 of 3686   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Looks like FunAhoy is admitting he is Guilty here."

Two suggestions: First, look up the word "sarcasm" in a dictionary.

Second, you might consider not insulting Wayne's intelligence so often. He is fully capable of reading the last 40 posts, and coming to the same conclusion stated by another poster here: that you have contributed nothing of substance to the convo, other than displaying your well-known penchant for trying to start shit. Carry on.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Atown, I'm sure the NCAA action you described was frustrating and disappointing.

I think their worst decision was when they outlawed athletic dorms. Some colleges had built Taj Mahals for their football teams to live in, and the NCAA decided that it was an unfair recruiting advantage over schools that didn't have them. So instead of some reasonable restriction (e.g., saying that athletic dorms couldn't be any nicer than the average on campus), they just outlawed them.

So, players get scattered all over town, in apartments or dorms where the coaches can't keep an eye on them, enforce curfew and study hour, etc. And every week we read about a player getting into trouble somewhere he shouldn't have been.

The NCAA, like so many other organizations that make rules, often fails to look one step down the road, until the law of unintended consequences bites it in the ass.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Exactly my point. Whether we think it is fair or not, intellectual property as well as athletic prowess benefits the institution, not the individual. Once they have earned their degree, the student is free to go about the business of earning a living while the University is still in the business of staying afloat. And yes, profitable!

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12037 posts)
Nic, you are right, companies profited from their employees everyday. Why my devilish good looks and charm at the front door has probably reaped millions for WalMart...

Seriously though, if a professor or student invents something at a company or school, they are generally not the ones that profit...its the school or company. I see the NCAA and athletes no differently.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
BTW, add me to the list of people who think the NCAA is a joke and horrible at administering fair and equitable punishments or even making a reasonable attempt at enforcing the rules uniformly (kinda sounds like SLS, no?)

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12037 posts)
headin out to plaay some Call of Duty Fun??

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
"And schools should not be allowed to profit off the names of athletes that perform on the field/court. "

And may I ask, why not?

Doesn't your workplace profit from the tasks you perform? Of course, you will answer that you are compensated for your efforts, but so are the scholarship athletes.

And what recourse do you have if you feel you are under-compensated? Find another job or line of work. So can the student athlete. No one is MAKING them play, they get OFFERED a scholarship.

One more bit of food for thought. How about a student research assistant in a lab at a medical school? If the research brings in a $2M grant, should the students get a share of that too?

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12037 posts)
The NCAA as a governing body is ridiculous. Look at the issues with Reggie Bush and Cam Newton. You can't tell me it took that long to find out what Bush did or didn't do, he is long gone. But yet the current players are the ones punished, how is that fair? Reggie Bush and Pete Caroll pay no price for alleged violations, but the current players do. Same with Cam Newton, I would bet a good sum of money we will see the same thing happen with him a few years down the road...And what if Miami gets the death blow like SMU? Should the current players and new coach suffer for past players sins? P.S. I hope Al Golden has an out clause in his contract if Miami gets sanctioned, I want him at PSU!

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
ATown, about to go out, but a quick response. Don't get me started on the NCAA. It has made more boneheaded decisions than I can count. A lot of their decisions hurt the athletes they say they are trying to protect. But, they do make the rules. Thanks for your comments. Will respond more tomorrow.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
ps to Wayne. After he or his proxy come crying to you, if you want to suspend me for that last comment, fine. Is there any way to make it retroactive so I didn't have to suffer through all that midget YouTube shit that has taken over the forums the last day or two?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... More 
Start   3011 to 3020 of 3686   End
TOPIC: Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss