Solar-hydrogen energy : Swingers Discussion 221469
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSolar-hydrogen energy
TOPIC: Solar-hydrogen energy
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
h ttp://w ww.gizmag.co m/solar-nanocrystal/23851/ So you say that solar energy alone isn't enough for cloudy days? How about if it can produce hygorgen to be used on the off days? Germany already has a solar power plant producing as much electricity as 20 nuke plants. If you have ever been to Germany, you know that their weather is partly cloudy to Mordor volcanic ash cloudy. Soon we shalt have the solar powered car. I can't wait for the photovoltaic crystals large enough to be used in Nuke and geothermal power plants.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
The problem is storing the hydrogen. Very difficult to compress or liquify. Home systems have been constructed, but cost $500,000 and require 5 tractor-trailer sized tanks.

Garden City NY

Username hidden
(9 posts)
You made an error in reading it. It probably should have read "Germany's solar power plants"

It's the aggregate amount of their solar power output, not one plant.

"Germany solar power plants generated a record"

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17697 posts)
VA:

It is in the first two paragraphs.

h ttp://ww w.aaj.tv/2012/07/solar-energy-replaces-nuclear-energy-in-germany/

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
While I'm all for energy solutions, I am floored that Scientific American would publish something like that last one (that's where it was borrowed from). The huge solar panels and sunlight generate the power, not the water.

"converts water and carbon dioxide into hydrogen and oxygen"

This is a physical impossibility. Anyone with even high school chemistry knows this.

"Germany already has a solar power plant producing as much electricity as 20 nuke plants."

I am quite certain this is not true.

Solar power has some potential in some places, but it is a very long way from being feasible in much of the world.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17697 posts)
Another aricticl on the subject of solar/hydrogen energy. It seems promising and the people where who hate being dependent on others should love this.

ht tp://m.phys.or g/_news187031401.ht ml

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
h ttp://w ww.gizmag.co m/solar-nanocrystal/23851/

So you say that solar energy alone isn't enough for cloudy days? How about if it can produce hygorgen to be used on the off days?

Germany already has a solar power plant producing as much electricity as 20 nuke plants. If you have ever been to Germany, you know that their weather is partly cloudy to Mordor volcanic ash cloudy.

Soon we shalt have the solar powered car. I can't wait for the photovoltaic crystals large enough to be used in Nuke and geothermal power plants.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Solar-hydrogen energy