Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › So, whatcha drinking
TOPIC: So,_whatcha_drinking
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 491  Next »
141 to 150 of 4904
User Details are only visible to members.
Make sure you get the bourbon. There is a rye with the same branding and the label looks almost identical.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23746 posts)
EH Taylor, I'll make a note of that. Thanks.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(135 posts)
Sorrillo- bourbon.

The best I know of - and I've had at least 80 brands - is Col. E. H. Taylor. Outstanding. Yeah Pappy is better if you want to pay $1,000 a bottle but for $50 - EH Taylor's is absolutely excellent.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23746 posts)
ppppbbbbffffbbbttttt

i'm drinkin' chai.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8994 posts)
Used to be a scotch guy, starting back in the mid-90s when scotch had a resurgence. Glenmorangie was my usual, but I'd constantly try to get used to Laphroaig. Pretty sure it was because that was Jonathan Hemlock's drink in Trevanian's spy novels (The Eiger Sanction, The Loo Sanction).

A couple of years ago I realized that I just wasn't ENJOYING scotch. In fact, for me it was an affectation, I wanted to be KNOWN as a scotch drinker. Should have realized it when I kept describing the Laphroaig experience as "like licking a hospital ashtray". No disrespect meant to the scotch drinkers out there, I just realized that I was basically forcing it. I was drinking it for the wrong reasons.

So now I'm drinking bourbon or Irish. And I'm happier, as a result. Bulleit or Buffalo Trace for the bourbon, haven't really settled on an Irish yet. I like the Jameson's Black Barrel, but it's rather overpriced for what you get. Currently drinking Bushmills for my Irish, which is acceptable yet pedestrian.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(135 posts)
I bought Glenlivet years ago for one of my former bosses but I didn't try it. I was drinking Stoli back then. This will be an interesting journey. Thanks to both of you.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
tbr is a serious scotch guy. I prefer bourbon, but I do like some scotch whiskies. My fave is Glenlivet. Glenmorangie a close 2nd.

I don't like Johnny Walker anything. Even the Blue isn't that good to me.

Fun fact: Mrs VA's aunt had Vanilla Ice as a neighbor. He stopped in once and when offered a drink wanted JWB, then proceeded to mix it with Coke, decided he didn't like it and dumped it out. Asshole.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23746 posts)
OMG, BLT you aren't gonna go THERE are you??? LOL!!! To some people Scotch is a religion. I've seen some doozy web fights over the who/what/where defines a good Scotch . . . make political arguments look like pillow fights. :)

First you have to pick a team . . . blended or single malt. You've mentioned two blended whiskeys. Personally I am a single malt guy, but I'm friends with a bunch of blend drinkers :) :)

My personal fave is Macallan 18 yo . . . if $$ is an issue then their 12 year old is not bad at all. In all seriousness just try a bunch of 'em and pick the one you like. Tink can't stand Scotch, any Scotch, but what the hell does she know, she likes fireball . . . :D

froggy--sippin' whiskey

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1489 posts)
@Froggy: What kind? You know that's my new drink. At least I am searching for the right one. I've tried Chivas and Johnnie Walker Black. Both good.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
My weekly "relaxin" scotch

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1489 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 491  Next »
141 to 150 of 4904
TOPIC: So, whatcha drinking
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.