Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › So, whatcha drinking
TOPIC: So,_whatcha_drinking
Created by: toptim100
Original Starting post for this thread:
Appleton Estate and Coke.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 560  Next »
1 to 10 of 5600
User Details are only visible to members.
By power of suggestion, I am having a Johnny Walker Blue right now. I got it as a Christmas present and don't really care for it which makes me feel kinda bad since my daughter got it for me and was really proud of herself.

I had a Louis Xlll one time. I was a guest at dinner at Patsy's in NYC and the VP of our company ordered a round for our table (of 12!) This was in the early 90s and I think it was $200 apiece. I remember thinking it was pretty good but I certainly didn't have the palate to appreciate it. Still don't.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5128 posts)
Nothing : @work. Need a few shots with the day I've had

Riverdale GA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
Yeah, Red tastes like gasoline smells...

I have some 21 year old Glenlivet that is pretty good. My next taste of that is when my committee approves my dissertation...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21366 posts)
It was good, by Johnny Walker standards. Red is fucking vile to me. I won't even mix it with Coke or anything.

I mean, it's good. But not "holy shit - this really is worth $200 a bottle".

I prefer bourbon but like some scotch. Notably - JWB is the only scotch Mrs VA (who hates almost all scotch) thought was good.

I have had 2 shots of Pappy van Winkle (bourbon). That was the best booze I ever tasted. I don't know if I ever will again, as it is extremely difficult to get.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27142 posts)
I can't stand Johnny Walker, but I have not tried the Blue. How was it?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21366 posts)
I'm too cheap to pay for it, not too cheap to drink it.

My Johnny Walker Blue was ultimately paid for by CMS.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27142 posts)
I'm too cheap to try anything like that.

There is a place by my house named HopScotch, because it serves mainly Scotch and craft beer. I've tried a bunch of their higher end stuff, but nothing over about $30 a shot. And then only infrequently.

I believe that my palate is not developed enough to discern the difference between Louis XIII and Louis XII. Or Louis the XIV for that matter.

;-)

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21366 posts)
mundane and kinda boring of me, but i'm makin chai

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15526 posts)
Q: tbr

Have you ever tried some of the super high end liquors, like Louis XIII?

The "highest" I've ever tasted was Johnny Walker Blue. At $45 a shot (someone else paid for it), it was very good, but still not as good (to me) as many others.

I admit I'm wildly curious about something like Louis XIII. The Italian place around the corner has it - I saw a guy buy two shots for a woman at the bar... presumably hoping that would get him pussy. Didn't work. But she seemed to like it. But it's $300 a shot, I think.

A liquor store near us has a supply of 1943 vintage cognac. I find that fascinating - that was during the Nazi occupation. I am amazed there is any left. $2,000 a bottle.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27142 posts)
rusty nail

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(13266 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 560  Next »
1 to 10 of 5600
TOPIC: So, whatcha drinking
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.