Smokers in the Lifestyle : Swingers Discussion 48073
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSmokers in the Lifestyle
TOPIC: Smokers in the Lifestyle
Created by: similar_interests
Original Starting post for this thread:
This isn't meant to inflame (pun intended) anyone, but merely to try to understand something. Stats seem to indicate that about 27% of adult Americans smoke, but an "eyeball estimate" of people on SLS seems to indicate that 50%, or more, of us smoke.

Why is that? Is it part of the risk-taking nature of folks in the lifestyle? Is there some other explanation?

It seems contradictory, when you think of it, because the majority of folks here state that they regularly go to the gym, participate in healthy exercise, and that sort of thing. By the same token, people here tend take great pains to look attractive in many ways, yet they risk yellowed teeth and fingers, bad breath, hair that smells like smoke, and premature facial wrinkling, damage to nice clothing, etc. Quite a few people don't attend lifestyle clubs and group events because they are almost always held in rooms that are awash in a cloud of tobacco smoke. These are all things that are unquestionably related to smoking, and yet many of us continue to do it. Why do you think this is so?

(Before you get all defensive and start yelling that this is bashing smokers, it isn't. Many of us who smoke, or used to, may wonder the same thing. Let's discuss it.)

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 69   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Danny, although I usually strongly object to deleting posts, I have deleted mine that were in answer to yours. I apologize to anyone, and I believe that would be my dear friend Poly and I believe the only other one was HWJ who had interacted on any part of what went on. After reading again, I couldn't see where it would leave either of you looking like you were talking to the breeze. But just in case, here's my disclaimer: I deleted two posts in an effort to respond in kind to Danny and make peace over a misunderstanding. Ladywife *swats at an irritating knat and then figures it's best to just start ignoring him*

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Peace to you too Danny. I can respect you don't think it's necessary for me to stick up for Poly. But I will when I choose anyway. I too am sick of the rant war between Doode and I. I am not even sure of it's cause. I am only sure it is not because I (Ladywife, not the sole poster of us but the more frequent one by far) or we have any bias regarding bi's of either gender. Anyone reviewing my posts can see I show no discrimination in my ability to dissent *WEG*.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
No HWJ I don't have any meds nor think you need them. But if anyone can manage to find where I've ever truly bashed bi's, or gays in here, please feel free to send me some. Ladywife *who's husband has never done so either although we certainly have both disagreed with people's points of view without regard to their orientation.*

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Poly, I get Marlboro Lights for $27.00 a carton. $8.00 a pack?!?! OUCH!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"How people can mask this under the 'I'm too addicted to quit, even though I'm pregnant' veil is mindboggling."

True, but so is smoking after the kids are born. Not only does it affect their health while their bodies are developing, it gives them a green light and perfect excuse to start smoking when they get into their teens (or earlier). Perhaps worse than that, though, it shows them a weakness in their parents that's hard for them to understand and still hold their parents in respect.

Someone just posted something about a pack of cigarettes now being $8. If someone who smokes a pack a day quits, that savings is the cost of braces for one of their kids every two years, laser surgery for their eyes over the same time, or a pretty good 1-week vacation every year.

It's hard to quit, but even harder to justify not quitting. The only real rationale is, "I want it, so I'm going to have it!"

Fredericksburg VA
Username hidden
(143 posts)
I (Ladywife) smoke Virginia Slims Superslims Menthol. They are full flavor but put off less actual smoke. Something Bacchus finds easier to deal with although he truly wishes I'd just knock this shit off.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
I smoke the lightest brand of Newports, which is Newport Stripe Menthols and since they are less popular than any other brands of Newport, can only be bought at certain stores. Jim smokes Marlboro Light Methols. And my goal is I plan on quitting next year, cold turkey. My only fear is weight gain, but when my determination reaches full throttle of quitting and not gaining weight, I will find something to occupy myself with. I quit when I was 35, only for four months, and would still go on smoke breaks at work with my girlfriend as I knew no matter where I am, I will be exposed to smoke regardless. Then my sons' uncle's brain cancer came out of remission, and I began again. Now that I am a bit older, and have faced so much, I know I will be strong enough to not weaken to pressure again.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12108 posts)
PennButtons --

Mark Twain agreed with you. He said, "Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it hundreds of times!"

Fredericksburg VA
Username hidden
(143 posts)
It'll sure liven up the debates if I'm in here cranky, LMAO!!!!

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Next month I'll have been smokin for 30 years, I'm gonna make it the last. I've heard many of the things said before, some new thoughts and advice, I'll add one more. I think I'm gonna stay outta the forums for the first two weeks, that's about how long i was cranky every other time I've quit.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 69   End
TOPIC: Smokers in the Lifestyle