Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Smoker Haters
TOPIC: Smoker Haters
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We put it in our profile as well. We are respectful smokers and if they're not cool with that than move along. We've had several couples write to us asking us if we would refrain from smoking so they could meet us. The answer to that is NO. It is not that I absolutely have to have a cig but I resent anyone asking me to adjust myself to suit their desires. It is as rude to ask a smoker to refrain from smoking so they can meet you as it is for me to ignore your preference and smoke in your face. Some people must think their pretty special . If a smoker offers not to smoke during a meeting that's a whole different story but why oh why do people think,expect or hope others will change is beyond me. I'd like to outlaw excessive perfume and the use of air fresheners, Lysol and those wretched plug ins that smell like bathroom disinfectant in public places. We've walked past someone and both were gagged by the heavy use of their perfume, walked into an elevator only to be forced out because it reeked of someones perfume so bad I could taste it. Both Mr Sav and myself are allergic to most that stuff and sneeze and get watery eyes. We've become a society bombarded with artificial chemical smells that are suppose to smell "nice". Everything from your soap, deodorant,shampoo, body lotion,laundry soap, fabric softener and on top of that we add cologne. Do a quick count of how many different fragrance based products you put on/use everyday.........some people just smell like a hot mess . While we're on the rant, I have an issue with women who wear so much make up that it rubs off all over everything and leaves stains on my sheets, pillows , bathroom towels and Mr Savs ( or mine, wink) clothes because you had to rub all up against him with your clown make up.

That being said , I can totally relate and sympathize with non smokers and fully support their right to meet and play with those of their choice. We ourselves have left bars and parties where the smoke was killing us.......take it outside folks unless it is your own home or room.

Isn't it amazing how inconsiderate we all are of others , sometimes unconsciously and without ever giving it a second thought

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
No sympathy for smokers here. Paula is absolutely allergic to smoke, the odor of cigarettes in someone's hair and clothes, and the smell of cigarettes on their breath. She found herself in bed with a smoker once at a party, and her lips swelled up with an allergic reaction. Her nipples became swollen and raw. When she says she's allergic, she's not kidding! It doesn't matter how many hours it's been since your last cigarette.

I was at a conference last week and left a meeting I was attending when a guy came in and sat down in the chair next to me, absolutely reeking of cigarette smoke. I find it nauseating.

The problem is most smokers have no idea how badly they reek of cigarettes. They are so accustomed to the odor they can't even detect it on themselves anymore.

Smoking is not only a killer to the smoker and those exposed to the secondhand smoke, but it's a dirty, filthy, stinking habit. And kissing a smoker is like licking a dirty ashtray.

Yum yum!!!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
It was a general question to anyone who may have some input.

One of my friends was warned by his doctor he'd be dragging an oxygen tank around in a few years if he didn't stop smoking now. E-cigarettes was his way of quitting smoking.

Not sure how it affects his health insurance at work. His work tests employees to see if they smoke. I referred to him in anothe thread on that subject. I'm not sure if that test shows he's a smoker. I assumed they test for nicotine in your system.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4008 posts)
Not sure if you're asking me, but in my semi-professional opinion, they are almost certainly "better" for you, but still "bad". Just a lot less bad. And the annoyance or threat to those around you becomes near-zero.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20576 posts)
And yet another typo.

Fat fingers....

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4008 posts)
LOL

I caught my typos, made that post, and then- duty (aka- work) called. I wasn't referring to your post. It looks like your post was made slightly before I mine was.

So, not being familiar with e-cigarettes, and in lieu of saying they're better for you, are e-cigarettes any less worse (physically) than "real" cigarettes?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4008 posts)
Nothing to do with typos... I meant - big shock that politicians jump all over it to tax it to death.

Oh well.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20576 posts)
'scuse the typos...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4008 posts)
Well duh....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20576 posts)
At the risk of a tangential post, and one that might be better suited to a *gasp* political thread...

Several friends switched to e-cigarettes. Apparently to get their nicotine "fix" while eliminating (reducing?) the "tar" and the other chemicals in tobacco smoke. The odor is nothing like a tobacco product. I'm not sure what is all in the things, but it's funny when they have to plug in those things to cahrge the batteries.

Anyway, MN is considering "taxing the shit" out of e-cigarettes- something like a 95% tax...

hblog.spinfuel . com/2013/04/call-to-action-minnesota-bills-to-impose-95-tax-on-e-cigarettes/

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4008 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 55   End
TOPIC: Smoker Haters