Simple Pleasures : Swingers Discussion 238217
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSimple Pleasures
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
What are some of the insignificant little things that always seem to put a smile on your face? Things that aren't necessarily obvious, or explainable, but just cheer you up ever so slightly?

I'll start, with one from right here in the forums:

A little less than two years ago some dude announced in a thread that he was having a "dood morning," and I just couldn't let it pass without making a smartass comment or six. One of my Brothers In Smartassery from Ohioi picked it up, and now the accepted spelling of dude is dood. 

Why do I still get a smile every time I see the word Dood? I dunno; it's just funny to me. Simple pleasures for simple minds, I suppose. What are your simple pleasures?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 625   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just love this type of news, fun for, and VA, and others who have fought cancer, or have loved ones who have. Celebrate your life.

While most of us take precautions, I think anyone who has had that kind of news and then the fight that goes with it has a changed outlook on how to live life to the fullest, disregard the petty and negative, and embrace the good.

Congrats.

Simple Pleasure: my porch swing is now up!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Thanks for the explanation, VA. I read your post, and immediately thought about that photo (and a great photo it is!). And I guess, the motherly instinct went haywire. So I asked.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16539 posts)
My father's story is a much more interesting one, involving a heavy critique of Canadian health care. His survival is a near-miraculous combination of early diagnosis (found by accident), political favoritism and a bit of luck.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
In my case it was a "mole gone mad" and not sun-induced. One that I was born with on, of all places, the bottom of my foot. Only about 1% of melanoma cases originate this way. When I was a kid a doctor noticed it and said "that will probably bring you trouble one day. It should come out before you're 18."

Well, it didn't. When I was 20 I noticed it had begun to look different - becoming varying in shade and more diffuse looking. Went to the doctor. They took it out 2 days later, along with a significant amount of "just in case" tissue around it.

It was in very early stages and no treatment other than the surgery was ever needed. If I had sat on it another year, however, this story would not have come out the same way.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
most of those who have fought for their lives against cancer will tell you that the fear of it's return is the stuff sleepless nights are made of. and yet, who wants to live in fear? is it really living at all? we use sunscreen, but we won't hide in the shadows. we'll play in the shadows, but we're going to live and laugh and run wild where we were meant to be. under a blue sky and enjoying a sun filled walk on a sandy beach watching waves roll over our feet. waves that began on the shores of africa.

yup, we surf african waves and dare cancer to try and stop us.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5200 posts)
Wow, glad to hear that you've beat skin cancer, VA.

Question, if I may. Shouldn't you stay away from the sun? There is a picture of you where you're awfully tanned. A bit concerning, I'd say.

I work with a guy who is in remission, was diagnosed with skin cancer 9 years ago, no more follow ups for him. But he literally covers himself, still, in layers and layers of protective cream [Some kind of prescription]. And never ever goes in the sun without it, always long sleeves, always protecting himself head to toe, and never tans.

But I don't know much about it, and hope to never find out.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16539 posts)
@va, that's pretty amazing.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5200 posts)
I know it too. I was diagnosed with melanoma at the ripe old age of 20. Follow-ups ceased at age 29.

My father survived esophageal cancer, which is very fortunate. 5-year survival on that one is very low.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
2forfun, congratulations. i can honestly say i know how you feel. the sense of relief is beyond anything words can express. we've been very lucky with the chemo effects. but it would have been worth it at any cost.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5200 posts)
I am so sorry I didn't notice the good news:

That is fantastic. Show that cancer who's the fucking BOSS!!!!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 625   End
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures