Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Simple Pleasures
TOPIC: Simple_Pleasures
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
What are some of the insignificant little things that always seem to put a smile on your face? Things that aren't necessarily obvious, or explainable, but just cheer you up ever so slightly?

I'll start, with one from right here in the forums:

A little less than two years ago some dude announced in a thread that he was having a "dood morning," and I just couldn't let it pass without making a smartass comment or six. One of my Brothers In Smartassery from Ohioi picked it up, and now the accepted spelling of dude is dood. 

Why do I still get a smile every time I see the word Dood? I dunno; it's just funny to me. Simple pleasures for simple minds, I suppose. What are your simple pleasures?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 210  Next »
1 to 10 of 2096
User Details are only visible to members.
Scandle, Change in weather. Two weeks ago 79 degrees, few days later below 32 and 8 inches of snow and back up to high 70's. Wife can't walk through garden center at Walmart without buying. I planted 4 Lilac shrubs, $24.94 each, last few days, 2 white, 2 purple. Roses, 2, white and red. What else does she have for me on the, "Honey do list"? Yes, I love her!

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2128 posts)
Next pleasure. Grandpa making PAN CAKES for the grandchildren after their sleep over. "What kind of pan cakes would you like, says Grandpa, banana, strawberry, blueberry or plain"? Then 10 years from now, "Grandma, what kind of snakes do you have?"

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2128 posts)
OH JOY ,I had this Blond hair .Blue eye ,cutie in my bed this morning ,WOW what a sloppy kisser ,has a lot to learn about kissing ,Oh well he is almost 3 , and Grandma loves sloppy kisses . Sleep over at Grandma house sooo much fun . Grandpa loves it too

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(5829 posts)
Any time I hear a baby laugh it makes my day.

North Blenheim NY
Username hidden
(445 posts)
I live in an area where spring is slow to come, but today on my property I saw the first daffodils in bloom, wild rose bushes beginning to leaf out, rhubarb stalks already about 5 inches high, and lilac bushes showing they survived the winter. If the weather holds and time allows this week, I will begin cleaning up the garden for the growing season to come.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11096 posts)
A beignet and a perfect moon.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(238 posts)
SP: laying in bed with the deck door open listening to the rain snuggled under the covers.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9658 posts)
Watching the birds nesting is a nice pastime. One time we had a robin pair nesting in a cedar tree that was right outside one of our windows. They ended up moving because a seagull had found the eggs and devoured them. It's nature at work, but damn!

My SP today - my dog and I just had our first run/bike ride together of the season, and it went well! No injuries, no pulled muscles, and one tuckered out dog.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11096 posts)
Morning Dove nest in our gutter under the overhang for a few years. Last couple of weeks they were sitting in nest. This morning both Mom and Pop are there feeding their young. We look across about 5 feet from our window on north side of house. Sun shines on them in mornings. Nice to see nature at work. Another Simple Pleasure in life. Nice to see them come back. If I could get the Eagle Couple to nest in big trees across the field 100 yards away I would.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2128 posts)
I just watch a video, of Prince Playing half time at the Super Bowl 2007 .OMG was he ROCKING that place Its said ,it was one of the VERY Best , Rest in peace Prince

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(5829 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 210  Next »
1 to 10 of 2096
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.