10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Simple Pleasures
TOPIC: Simple_Pleasures
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
What are some of the insignificant little things that always seem to put a smile on your face? Things that aren't necessarily obvious, or explainable, but just cheer you up ever so slightly?

I'll start, with one from right here in the forums:

A little less than two years ago some dude announced in a thread that he was having a "dood morning," and I just couldn't let it pass without making a smartass comment or six. One of my Brothers In Smartassery from Ohioi picked it up, and now the accepted spelling of dude is dood. 

Why do I still get a smile every time I see the word Dood? I dunno; it's just funny to me. Simple pleasures for simple minds, I suppose. What are your simple pleasures?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 373  Next »
1 to 10 of 3728
User Details are only visible to members.
Having the wife call and say she made it to her business meeting in Iowa. She had to drive eighty miles in snow and freezing cold. She rented a tank of a SUV with 4wd, a Jeep Cherokee.

She is in for one day and home late tonight

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8218 posts)
Our hot tub and pool.

Like, all year.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29195 posts)
A hot bath after a long, chilly day.

Bellingham WA
Username hidden
(330 posts)
Havin I have always been into growing or killing my food. I watched way to much Daniel Boone and Sea Hunt as a kid. Store bought food sucks. i make my own sauces from the fruit i grow from BBQ sauce to an apricot ketchup. i dry all the extra tomatoes and the rehydrate them in red wine and put them on pizza. I used to shoot and butcher my own deer and pigs in California and will do that again once i get some land here in Nevada as soon as my daughter is done with college. Fresh meat is so much better then store bought. fish, abalone, crabs all live and kicking right before we eat them or same day anyway, such a huge difference between the old seafood you get in the store. Here in Nevada its only fish, which i make into jerkey

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8218 posts)
ncal, are you becoming a Farmer? When we visit you we will treat your wife like, "THE FARMERS DAUGHTER"?

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4878 posts)
opening the sliders to let in some fresh air on an unseasonably warm & lovely winter day

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18161 posts)
planting my three in one plum tree, waiting on two more trees to come in and then I have fresh fruit for most of the year.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8218 posts)
Watching the fire drill at the lake yesterday. Took a day off from the house and business and went fishing. Warm day the place i fish at the lake was packed with people lining the shore and boats everywhere.

The game warden in a boat came to check licenses and the illegals ran like a bat out of hell. About half the people on the east side shore just left all their fishing poles and ran up an step hill as fast as they could. Everyone watching had a really good laugh.

the pleasures of fishing Lake Mead some days are more entertaining then others!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(8218 posts)
Snowy Saturday Nights ;-)

.... and Sunshine Sunday mornings ;-*

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(1403 posts)
SP: Trey & I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day so much but are going for ice cream this afternoon and I’m wearing the Predators shirt from my profile picture and tight skinny jeans. I look fabulous and sexy as sin. Dood’s a lucky man if I can say so for myself. ;-)

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(4146 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 373  Next »
1 to 10 of 3728
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.