Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Simple Pleasures
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
What are some of the insignificant little things that always seem to put a smile on your face? Things that aren't necessarily obvious, or explainable, but just cheer you up ever so slightly?

I'll start, with one from right here in the forums:

A little less than two years ago some dude announced in a thread that he was having a "dood morning," and I just couldn't let it pass without making a smartass comment or six. One of my Brothers In Smartassery from Ohioi picked it up, and now the accepted spelling of dude is dood. 

Why do I still get a smile every time I see the word Dood? I dunno; it's just funny to me. Simple pleasures for simple minds, I suppose. What are your simple pleasures?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 695   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I truly respect people who have dogs as I know they are like family. My LS, not this one, doesn't permit me to give a dog the time and attention it needs. I meet women all the time who are walking dogs right here where I live. There is one in particular. I am always commenting on her outfits in the morning but I've been leaving so early for the gym that I've been missing her plus I have no idea where her mind is at. The right situation will present itself. I am in no rush.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
Simple Pleasurs: reading this thread.

Internet gold!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
Get rid of the TV and get a dog. If you have patience, get a puppy, luckily they grow into dogs.

You'll meet your [next] ex-wife sooner taking a puppy/dog for a walk than you will by watching TV 24/7. Trust me on this one- chicks dig puppies. Just make sure it's a cute one, not one of those hairless bug eyed ones with the tongue always hanging out the same side of their mouth. Those draw attention, but they don't usually attract "keepers".

The shirt I'm wearing right now says: Sell your stuff. Keep the dog. Live on the boat.

I say: I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3982 posts)
@Good: Until I find my wife, my cable is my companion. I kid you not. I have it going 24/7. I would rather give up food than my cable. It is my true "simple pleasure." I haven't even replaced the stupid cell phone that died a week ago. It's so refreshing not to have that thing attached to me all the time. Now, I have one phone, my land line and only a select few have that number so all is right in my world.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
I was on Clarity for a while. Things were just a bit too bright and cheery. So, I'm trying Cloudy now.

BLT, I was happy to learn of your success with the hangers and garbage bags, but speaking of Clarity, could you clarify something for me please?

What exactly does, "I am opting in my ways, crazy or otherwise." means?

Thanks,

BT

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8996 posts)
BLT, you're on Clarity? Since we dropped cable TV, we don't see that anymore.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3982 posts)
I FINALLY got the multitude of hangers that were in two black plastic garbage bags since I moved into my apt organized. So now, they are all nicely placed on the rack in the spare closet and I was able to trash the trash bags!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
SP - Spending a relaxing morning having coffee with a friend and his lovely, little, funny, princess of a daughter--(well she had oatmeal, not coffee). Chatting and laughing. Then coming home to get a few things done and open the windows to allow in the lovely air on this sunny NOLA day before running off to have lunch with another friend to enjoy more chatting and laughing before returning home to get some serious painting done in my studio.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
@BT: I am opting in my ways, crazy or otherwise.

OK, I am going on record to find my own wife. I love my SM in the LS but not for a one-on-one and my personality is such in my head that I am a better man than the men I am meeting for me. My only reluctance is that women, including me, are a pain. I am on the search for Ms. Right (bi of course) and hopefully she will be receptive to the LS. That's my Christmas Wish.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
BLT,

If someone called me crazy in the context of the forums, what I might do is first, sleep on it. As silly as it sounds, I'd try getting a good night sleep. After that, what I might do is re-read my last 15-20 posts as they relate to the discussion at hand. Finally, I might ask myself, do I sound like a nut job?

After that, it's really a crap shoot as to what I might do next. If I were crazy, lacking in the ability or desire to be introspective, I would probably just continue on with my whacky ways, completely dismissing my accuser. If I weren't crazy, I might take the accusation to heart.

But that's just me...

BT

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8996 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 695   End
TOPIC: Simple Pleasures