Shout Out : Swingers Discussion 218537
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumShout Out
TOPIC: Shout Out
Created by: savandwin
Original Starting post for this thread:
So often we bitch and complain about the woes of life that we forget to give a shout out to someone who has gone above and beyond "the call of due ". Each of us has I am sure had an episode in their life that stands out as amazing for service, kindness or just common courtesy.

Most recently a person from these very forums whom I will leave un name ,approached me about donating a pair of Brand New Dr Martins for my daughter in law who lost everything she owned in a house fire including her collection of Dr Martins. It all started because My daughter in law was in a contest with Dr Martins and who ever posted their photo in Martins and got the most votes would win!!! It was a valiant effort and although we tried to recruit everyone we could to "vote" for her 3 times she just missed the mark. In any event when this fabulous person heard what we were trying to do and WHY they generously offered to simply buy the Dr's for her. I am elated to say my daughter in law has her Dr Martins and is thrilled beyond belief that someone who never met her, doesn't know her ,would extend such an act of kindness . For me I am touched beyond belief and have no words to express my joy or gratitude. You know who you are and I thank you.

Please share an incident where someone did something unexpected and reminded you that the world is a good place after all.

Mrs Sav

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
PG,

That is truly awesome !!! Sometimes you just never know who will be the barer of a cherished moment. Those moments are made more special when they come from people you'd least expect it of.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5349 posts)
A forum poster who knows of my love of Burlesque happened to be in possession of a very limited edition, autographed copy of a book on Sally Rand, the queen of the the fan dance. It was sent to me because they knew I would love it and treasure it, even though they could have sold it on ebay for several hundred dollars. They rarely post anymore but know who they are.

The corset in this pic was also sent to me by another forum poster, and I got to teach at an event thanks to the connections of another.

I feel blessed to have met come truly wonderful giving people through the forums.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17642 posts)
Frnz........That more than "qualifies" lol and what an awesome thing to do. I am sure that journal is a treasured link into who your mother was besides a mother and wife.

Inked .......don't you just love when employees go above and beyond what they're "paid" to do.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5349 posts)
*school nurse is what that should say!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
I love this story, and kudos to the fellow forummer who extended such a generous act of kindness!

I'm not sure if my story fits, but it is the first thing that popped in my mind.

My mom was a school for over 25 years at a local high school that has always had a bad reputation, and was know to have Troubled" kids. My mom always disagreed with this and felt it was no worse than any other school. Anyway, my mom got cancer and passed away in a short time, and not long after a teacher who worked with her came to my dad's house to give us a "gift". Apparently, when my mom was off work for awhile, many of the kids were asking teachers how she was doing. So this teacher set out a journal and started letting kids know that they were welcome to write well wishes in it for my mom. Her hope were to be able to deliver the book to my mom, however, she went so quickly, that didn't happen, so instead she brought the book to us! These "troubled" kids had completely filled the book from front to back, with hopes of her feeling better to stories and remembrances of her. We were overwhelmed with the personal stories and how much our mom touched the lives of so many students!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
So often we bitch and complain about the woes of life that we forget to give a shout out to someone who has gone above and beyond "the call of due ". Each of us has I am sure had an episode in their life that stands out as amazing for service, kindness or just common courtesy.

Most recently a person from these very forums whom I will leave un name ,approached me about donating a pair of Brand New Dr Martins for my daughter in law who lost everything she owned in a house fire including her collection of Dr Martins. It all started because My daughter in law was in a contest with Dr Martins and who ever posted their photo in Martins and got the most votes would win!!! It was a valiant effort and although we tried to recruit everyone we could to "vote" for her 3 times she just missed the mark. In any event when this fabulous person heard what we were trying to do and WHY they generously offered to simply buy the Dr's for her. I am elated to say my daughter in law has her Dr Martins and is thrilled beyond belief that someone who never met her, doesn't know her ,would extend such an act of kindness . For me I am touched beyond belief and have no words to express my joy or gratitude. You know who you are and I thank you.

Please share an incident where someone did something unexpected and reminded you that the world is a good place after all.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5349 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Shout Out