Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Seen a good movie lately
TOPIC: Seen_a_good_movie_lately
Created by: ObladiOblada
Original Starting post for this thread:
There may have been a thread on this vein (like the 'read a good book lately' one), but I couldn't recall it. So, I'm taking my chances...

Just saw 'Playing By Heart' last night. Very good movie - the kind that makes me want to see it again (which is rare for me).

Recently rented Mulholland Drive. Didn't get it.

1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 28
User Details are only visible to members.
not yet but plan to.

was it good ?

I hear the first week-ends profits went to the families of the real heros.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
We saw Crash last night. Wow! I thought it made some powerful statements about relationships & the human condition (to borrow that overused expression) - people caught in circumstances that are either of their own making or of which they are completely not responsible, but nevertheless must live them out.

Movies like that are the kind I end up thinking about long after the credits roll. Another one like that is Meet Joe Black. Those are capable of helping me re-evaluate how I look at life.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
I recently watched THE BIG LEBOWSKI and loved so much I watched FARGO then started looking for MILLERS CROSSING and BARTON FINK. Hollywood didn't have them so I gave up. I just got Netflix so now BLOOD SIMPLE can also go into my queue.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
the tenth kingdom was great.. its older but boy did it have us not wanting to turn it off... Its a very very very long movie. 3 dvd's worth but worth every minute.

yours, mine and ours was very very good.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
- "Sex and the City" is by a long margin the best TV series I have seen (.....if you don't count the orignial Lonesome Dove TV mini-series, which is not what I'd consider a regular TV program). I rented the SATC videos and watched it and had a great time. Again.

There is another movie out there that you should rent. It is called "Blood Simple". I think (not sure) that it is a Cohen Brothers film. Now, this movie goes slow in the beginning and goes almost half way through and you begin thinking, "What a dog! WTF was I thinking to rent THIS pos??!" Then it picks up and starts getting good. Very twisted plot line. Good acting and direction, too.

I also thought "Resevoir Dogs", a Quentin Tarantino film, was good, too (but I'm a fan of his; if you're not, you'll probably not like it).

"Traffic" is a movie you won't forget.........like the one I mentioned earlier called "Crash" (a 2005 Oscar winner). "Traffic" is a gritty, fast moving film abut the drug trade, the people in it and around it. The acting, directing, editing and filmography is absolutely first rate. Warning! This movie is tough and raw and not for the faint of heart.

SLO

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1216 posts)
I watched LOTR over two days. The first and half of the second and then the last half of the second and then the third. Actually, we watched about 45 min of the third before we realized we were missing something and had goofed the order.

I watched all 7 seasons of Sex and the City in about 3 weeks and 4 seasons of Queer as Folk in a little over a week. When you cram everything together like this you pick up on all of the connections, all of the jokes and get a better feel for the characters.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Speaking of seeing more than one movie in the same session... Has anyone ever tried watching a series (like Lord of the Rings) all in one session? When I had our "theatre" set up (with surround sound and projected video) we did that with the LOTR trilogy. Phew - that's a long one!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
- I saw the movie, "Crash" recently.

I is one of those that just makes you think about your automatic or sterotypical perceptions of others, how those perceptions can be accurate or not accurate and the ramifications of making assumptions about others.

I thought the movie was very powerful and was well-acted, directed and edited.

Oh, also, go rent these two movies and watch them both the same night or over two nights. See the American film first: The Magnificent Seven Seven Samurai (Japanese with English subtitles) an Akira Kurasawa film.

SLO

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1216 posts)
"It was wasn't it! and all the boys want to get carnal with me because I'm a premium dancer ;)."

LOL.

How do you get lost with a movie like crash?

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
'EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED' was a premium movie ;)

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 28
TOPIC: Seen a good movie lately
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.