Sandy : Swingers Discussion 2107481091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSandy
TOPIC: Sandy
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 327   End
User Details are only visible to members.
For us, life has been back to normal for a few days. Schools were back in on Tuesday (albeit with a late start) and except for a few areas of Norfolk and Hampton, there is no serious damage. There was a rather striking pic of someone kayaking down a street in Norfolk that was making its rounds on the net, however.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19190 posts)
Fun, that was a very articulate response, lacking any overt pass to argue on this topic. On a side note, and including my opinion, BLT's rant was completely idiotic. Not only did she not like your friends opinion, which is possibly out of context, she did not like your posting it here, thus the call out.

Now, back to those who were affected by a natural disaster.....

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
"Her lineage means nothing to me and, obviously, her family connections aren't all that."

I believe you brought those things up by saying "I have no idea where he or she comes from" and then mentioning (twice) her level of financial success and acumen. I interpreted that as an invitation for me to clarify that her experience is contrary to your belief that she's "stupid" and "foolish." 

If I misinterpreted the reason you brought those issues up, you have my apologies, again. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10840 posts)
It *is* nice...

Thank you for drawing my attention to your new pics Kat. Rowr!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19190 posts)
This is it for me on this as I have more important things to focus on: Her lineage means nothing to me and, obviously, her family connections aren't all that. For people like them I say "don't talk about it; be about it!"

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3003 posts)
M- that did not happen after 911. I mean the "NYFD" guy who ran around locally grabbing free dinners with friends for @ 6 months until it was discovered he had been forced out @ 2 years prior to 911 for Workmans comp Fraud.....

He was not charged for anything , because he was actually at one time a firefighter..... Although his stories were So dramatic.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
The one 'upmanship' particularly at this time is as expected. Even at a time like this the shameless will utilize the opportunity to advance their agenda. It is unsurprising I suppose even though one hopes that things can change. People who suffered zero damage ridiculing others who have. They remind me of the 9/11 fakers. Trying to paint a picture of their own great suffering to gain sympathy. Opportunists and total parasites.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16309 posts)
I attended a class on "Smart Growth" last week that was fascinating. Part of it addressed the issue of aging infrastructure. Cities are encouraging new development & redevelopment but aren't requiring these developers to contribute to new main service lines. On top of that cities are usually reducing their revenue by offering tax abatements to these property owners so now the city doesn't have the money to update the infrastructure. When a disaster like Sandy happens, the fragility of the ancient infrastructure is exposed and everyone suffers.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
BLT, I'm sorry you took such umbrage at me repeating my friend's opinion. I had mentioned to her that Katrina exposed some long-neglected problems in NOLA, and she replied that Sandy was similarly exposing NYC's badly-neglected, crumbling infrastructure. Her opinions on that and other problems in NYC appear to be well-corroborated factually. They were not an indictment of the City's spirit; rather, an observation that its physically crumbling core is hidden behind a facade of shiny new buildings and "gentrified" old ones. Much of which is putting the cost of living beyond the middle class, while public schools for low income families continue down the path from bad to abysmal.

Since she is a brilliant, world-travelled, exceptionally well-educated woman whose family's knowledge and success in  NYC markets makes Trump look like a piker, I respectfully decline your invitation for me to "tell that bitch to shut the fuck up!"

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10840 posts)
I didn't see anything personal in Fun's post but it didn't take long for some to make it so.

Even in time of crisis some just can't help being petty I guess.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 327   End
TOPIC: Sandy