Sandy : Swingers Discussion 2107481061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSandy
TOPIC: Sandy
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 327   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My family on the south shore of NYC still has no power; they are good on gas however, thank God. Their polling station has been changed. If you need to know where your polling station is text...if you can..your address to 877877. Hope this helps.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3290 posts)
Seeing the pictures on the news brings back eery memories of Hurricane Katrina. We feel your pain, & have been there ourselves. We definitely know what you're going through, & understand. Know that life goes on, & although you will always remain scarred from this event, you will be a stronger person for having gone through it. If you ever need encouragement, or just a shoulder to lean on, we are here for you. We understand all the emotions that are flowing right now. God bless!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
Kinddragon: Your post really puts things into perspective. We've all seen, not that we didn't already know, that life can change in an instant. Seize the moments!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3290 posts)
Alot of good things are happening. Its good to see folks working together. Makes you feel good, even in trying times*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
now in the aftermath of sandy, there is no gas. at least 2-3 hours to get gas. and only those stations who have power. lines stretch blocks. they also have another line with people with red containers. never thought it of nyc, but i guess things are happening here.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
As of this writing, my family in Nassau County still has no power. I've sent an e-mail to LIPA to see when they will get to their area. I know someone in Brooklyn who just got their power on. This is a really long haul and the temperatures are supposed to drop tonight. It was 75 degrees down here today. How crazy is that?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3290 posts)
As many have their power restored and life returns to a new normalcy, the temperatures will dip to near freezing tonight as we await the arrival of a Nor'easter that could bring us snow. Since the protective dunes have been compromised, there are no barriers to protect that which remains on the barrieer islands from the pounding the surf provides during Nor'easters.

Hundreds of families and small retail business owners across NJ, NY and Conn cannot leave their homes and businesses due to the concerns over looting. Families who are living in local shelters face being relocated to areas not near their homes. As per the directive of the Governor who had no other logical choice, students will attend schools in the areas where they are sheltered...not with theif "hometown" classmates.

Yet, there is a growing sense of optimism... although mourning the loss of the life they knew and those who lost their lives, attentiion is being focused on rebuilding and the oppoortunities of tomorrow...

Be safe V

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
I'm so glad to hear that several of you have power again. I know that's just one step in the recovery process but an important one!

The Steelers have decided to fly in on Sunday before the game and fly back after. Traveling on game day is pretty unheard of in the NFL but their normal NYC hotel has no power and they didn't want to get rooms elsewhere & displace NYC residents.

Kat & VA - thank you!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
In 1998, we lived through the North American Ice Storm, which put a 5-inch thick layer of ice on everything. The damage was catastrophic. Those huge high-voltage transmission towers came down under the weight. To this day driving through the countryside of eastern Ontario/southwestern Quebec/northern Vermont you just see mile after mile of trees broken and twisted.

We lost power for 9 days. In *January*. In *Canada*. Nobody could go anywhere because the roads were covered in ice. Besides, you couldn't get into your car. It was coated in 5 inches of ice too, and glued to the pavement with 5 inches of ice, the tailpipe sealed off with 5 inches of ice - you get the idea.

Candlelight huddled under blankets was a bit of fun for a couple of days, then it really began to suck. When the power came back on, we hosted Mrs. VA's father and sisters, who had to wait until about day 16 to get his power back. Some people didn't get power back for TWO MONTHS.

The good part of the whole thing was that several days of not being able to leave the house and having no electricity (and hence, no TV, internet - but our phone did work) meant that we were getting 10-11 hours of sleep a night. We passed the time by reading books, playing board games, etc. In some ways, it was a great time for us to spend as a family.

Oh - might I add - 9 months later... there was a significant spike in newborns....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19562 posts)
WB all of you. Glad you are all right.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 327   End
TOPIC: Sandy