Sandy : Swingers Discussion 2107481051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumSandy
TOPIC: Sandy
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 327   End
User Details are only visible to members.
50% of the affected areas are still without power. Many areas still without water. My poor brother, with 3 babies, in South Amboy. They have a generator but no electricity and no water. Bad news, a storm coming, not a Sandy but seems to be following the same path. We dont need a drizzle or a breeze at this point!

Seduction has me blocked but if shes in Colts Neck, they have no electricity or water and its a solid week now! I hope she and her family well. I also haven't seen or heard from Shelikesgurls? Is she safe? I know shes in that windy area! ACK!

Either way I hope everyone well, been a long week and I dont see an ending anytime soon.

BE well, joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Just since yesterday tractor trailers filled with relief supplies from states including SC, Tenn, & PA arrived.

A small SC community of 500 people remembered the help they received after 1990's Hurricane Hugo and sent a trailer filled with supplies..

All of those impacted by Sandy extend their thankfulness... Hopefully, tomorrow's Nor'easter will not make recovery even MORE challenging... V

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Kinddragon, I agree with you. My family in Baldwin, NYC, is still w/o power and I hear little to nothing about that area. I've even sent LIPA an e-mail and they haven't responded. In their defense, I know they have their hands full. However, they can spare one body to respond to inquiries IMO. I am concerned about the small children in particular. The temp here in SC is 43 degrees at this writing and it feels a lot colder so I can only imagine how cold it is in a house that has been powerless for days on end. Now this new drama of a new storm is disheartening to say the least. What I do: pray and research everything I can to send texted information to them. I already gave blood; next is a check to the Red Cross.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3634 posts)
someone said they feel like the world thinks this is over. I find that sad b/c sometimes the media saturation is so heavy that people do tend not to watch. I watch the news, then I have to turn it for a while. I feel so helpless that all I can do is give to the Red Cross and offer some sort of emotional support, etc.

Just as with any devastation, the best of people comes out, and also the worst.

Hearts and thoughts and help are still with you, survivors of Sandy. It must be exhausting and frustrating and sad to go through so much devastation.

Love to all of you, G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
v yougot bad info lol

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6855 posts)
Sandy's younger sibling Nor'easter, scheduled to arrive on the Jersey Shore Wednesday, has been POSTPONED by popular demand.

V

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
As difficult as it is for so many of our friends and neighbors, a new challenge is predicted affect the coastal areas wednesday evening... Sandy's Nor'easter younger sibling!!

Last night, temperatures dipped below freezing...to be repeated tonight and for the next few days.

The wind and strong surf of Nor'easters cause major damage to the dunes that protect seaside areas! From Sandy Hook to Cape May, dunes have been compromised. In the Bay Head to Northern Seaside Heights, many of the dunes have been totally washed away.

Areas that where flood waters are finally receding are facing new flooding as this week progresses and the storm arrives.

Donations to the Red Cross will continue to help-- Those who were displaced are in need of "everything." Blankets, linens, household goods... Winter/fall clothing from toddlers to senior citizens for all sizes and ages. The OEMs of each community are coordinating efforts-- however, in Ocean County communities like Brick Township, Toms River Township, Berkeley Township, Lacey Township, Stafford Township as well as every small community that borders Barnegat Bay or the Atlantic in Monmouth, Ocean, and Atlantic Counties.

Although the shore areas were the hardest hit, interior NJ including communities along rivers like the Raritan, Passaic, South, Navesink to name just a few were impacted by flooding while the entire state has had high wind damage and loss of power.

Monitor this week's Nor'easter to learn its impact on the existing disaster! To al those who have helped Sandy's victims from the Carolinas through NJ to NY and Conn... THANK YOU!!!

V

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Just catching up and saw your post about your aunt. So sorry for your loss D.

M, I can't fathom what you and others in your area are dealing with. Hard enough to be faced with so many issues at home but to also have your parents so terribly impacted. Please LMK if there is anything I can send or do.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12135 posts)
Dealt with the devestation of what Sandy left behind on Staten Island and Brooklyn. Living in Jersey, all that you hear is how hard jersey was hit. While all others are literally unheard from. Some areas in Staten Island is in ruins, the same for Brooklyn.

My parents house is damaged beyond repair. We helped them go through some of their stuff over the weekend. Just heart breaking, at their age to go through this. Thankfully they have us and a huge network of very kind friends.

For us its Day seven with no power running water or heat. Lost some fish since there is no power to the filter and heat. The two little dogs are sick with a cold.

They're estimating as of yesterday 10-14 days for us before they bring power back up.

To those of you who reached out with so many selfless offers of help, thank you. Your texts, phone calls and emails are awesome and are lifting my spirits. I am sincerely appreciative of your care and kindness.

Another day closer to power up and a new beginning.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17086 posts)
Just learned Baldwin H.S. has roof damage and classes are suspended. Don't know when the repairs will be completed.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3634 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 327   End
TOPIC: Sandy