Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Rooftop Resort near Miami
TOPIC: Rooftop Resort near Miami
Created by: NicAtNight
Original Starting post for this thread:
Has anyone been there recently? I had heard horror stories before but some have said it has been upgraded and the pictures on their website look decent. Anyone have first hand knowledge before I book there?

(I posted this in the travel section and got nada so hoping someone might see it here)

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I considered Caliente but my plans revolve around a party in Miami, and my desire to visit Key West for the first time.

Thanks again for the advice, we may try the day pass there and check it out for future reference.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
Nic and Phoenixx, you're welcome!

After I wrote the review my husband reminded me that we had talked about returning to Rooftop ONLY if we had plans to meet someone there and ONLY if we scheduled it for a time when the music wasn't blasting late into the night. The fact is that if we were making plans to meet someone in Florida, we would pick a different location. Caliente Tampa comes to mind...

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9188 posts)
We have also looked at going to the Rooftop Resort next year with a group of friends next year and run in to reading the same horror story reviews. Thanks for all the information Scandle. It is nice to have a more recent review from someone more trusted than an anonymous review on the internet.

New Albany IN
Username hidden
(262 posts)
They do allow day visitors, so you could check it out without making a commitment to stay there. Then you'd be able to enjoy swimming nude and watching and/or participating in sex around the pool as well as the group rooms.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9188 posts)
Thanks Scandle, I've booked elsewhere with the option to cancel if I decide to take a chance on the Rooftop.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
Nic, my husband and I spent 3 nights at Rooftop in August 2012. While they HAVE made improvements over the years and there are some good qualities (for example, futons on the rooftop for anything you'd like to do there, and some of the rooms have been upgraded - but those do not have king-sized beds), there were a lot of problems, too. Our room was really cheesy. There was an overabundance of fake vegetation all over the place and the air conditioning unit smelled of mildew. Seriously. We bought a can of air freshener and sprayed it into the air intake every time we entered the room. We had a room with a kitchenette that is supposed to be stocked with utensils and other basic equipment. Don't plan on it.

The maid service for the rooms was okay, but cleaning up in the public areas was abysmal. We noticed a used condom laying on the floor next to a futon we had used the night before (not ours). I mentioned it to the guy at the front desk, who looked worried and said he would tell housekeeping. Two hours later it was still there, so I told another employee. It took her a few minutes to decide that she could take care of it, but she did. The day we left, around 8 or 9 a.m. (I don't remember exactly), we had to step around vomit that someone had left the night before near the elevator.

They have a special rate for single men Thursday nights, and they even advertise about men trying their wild side - so you do see more gay encounters than usual those nights. Their DJ plays extremely loud music in the courtyard from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday nights AND Friday nights AND Saturday nights. If you don't like it or want to listen to something else, you cannot get away from it, even in your guest room.

If you go, take your own beach/pool towel. The ones they provide are worse than the old towels we used on our dogs. They're very old, worn out, rough, and small.

The group rooms are pretty good, although the swing (a favorite of mine during a previous visit) was missing the straps to hold up a person's feet. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told this was a new one and those parts were in a box that had "recently" arrived. The old swing was in a guest room that had been rented out. It was frustrating seeing how little attention they paid to details like this.

The staff and visitors were all pretty nice, so no complaints there. Our last experience at Rooftop was so bad that we plan to avoid returning in the future and are looking for other fun LS places to go to.

A side note: Around the corner is a fantastic Peruvian restaurant, Pachamama, in Hollywood. They serve the best shrimp and grouper ceviche I have ever had. We actually returned a 2nd night to dine there because the food was so good.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9188 posts)
Attending a party in South Beach so looking for a swinger friendly place near Miami

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
Splurge for Desire instead, going to cost approximately the same ;)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17092 posts)
Has anyone been there recently? I had heard horror stories before but some have said it has been upgraded and the pictures on their website look decent. Anyone have first hand knowledge before I book there?

(I posted this in the travel section and got nada so hoping someone might see it here)

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Rooftop Resort near Miami