Robert's Dream World : Swingers Discussion 2161971061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRobert's Dream World
TOPIC: Robert's Dream World
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 179   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm glad our 16 (soon to be 17) year old son is not in Robert's generation. He has already taught himself at least two programming languages that I know of, has made money fixing other peoples computers, and for the last 4 weeks or so has been averaging about 2 hours extra at school a day working on a robot for a upcoming competition.

He as also decided that he is going to major in computer engineering in college because computers is his passion. His other engineering major is still to to be decided. Yes he is planning on doing a double engineering major because in his own words, "you should always have a backup plan". He is currently looking into what other engineering degrees is most likely to be in demand 10, 20 and even 30 years from now.

As for me. I guess I was smarter than Robert, when I went into the Navy I choose a job that would give me employable skills when I got out. Wound up working in IT for 23 years (no degree) until I found out what I currently do. Found out about the job and what it paid and said when can I start. Sold the house, packed up the family and moved from Louisiana to no where's west fucking Texas and went for it. And still with no degree I'm easily making 6 figures. And trust me, for what I do now there is no other job that teaches you anything about this one. The only way to learn it is to do it. I started out as a trainee at the rip old age of 42. They do try and hire younger guys but most of them don't work out. Seems they don't have the work ethic it requires, or to be self motivated enough even though as a trainee you can make upwards of 100k. The the young ones that do make it are some hardest working SOB's that I've met and I'm honored to call friends and co-workers. So not all of Robert's generation is a lost cause.

Lubbock TX
Username hidden
(448 posts)
reading this is like watching the movie Ground hogs Day.......

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9693 posts)
So to recap...

1)You don't have the money to do what you want to do because what you do have is tied up in helping others who aren't helping themselves and have come to expect you to pick up the slack. 2)You don't have the time to better yourself because the time you do have is tied up in helping others who aren't helping themselves and have come to expect you to pick up the slack 3)Because you are the one with the extra resources, you're tasked with dividing up your resources amongst people who deserve it more than you because they have valid excuses for why your resources should be shared with them.

Does that about cover it?

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
Pandora:

1) I pay for my expenses, I pay for the computer needs and maintain the computers in the house. If not for me being at home, both of my parents would be dead right now as my mother had a vain burst in her leg and couldn't stop the bleeding... Had I not been home, she wouldnt have made it to the phone and able to call 9/11.

My father suffers from multiple issues from the Iraq war and I have found him face down on the floor in his own puke... He hadn't a drop of alcohol... And twice banged his head on a dresser.

I help them with all maintence on the house... Technically I could likely build the house with as much as I have worked with it.

I provide transport for my sisters to and from college and work... Or my car for travel. (five people four cars... Two of which I bought.)

So I Do quite a bit plus to earn my keep.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7617 posts)
When our daughter thought we were going to take care of her, we told her she was to start paying $750 a month for room and board. She said if she had to pay that much she would get her own place.

She moved out and got an apartment with a friend of hers a couple weeks later. That was over three years ago. Now, she's the first one to tell people they need to grow up and take care of themselves.

She's 24 btw...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
robert............be all you can be ...join the army

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6745 posts)
The problem isn't that Robert isn't given enough opportunity, it's that he's not given the opportunity he wants or considers acceptable.

He's currently got the easy life no matter how you cut it. Lets review...

A) He still lives at home. And obviously he doesn't have to pay rent since his parents are duty bound to care and provide for his well being for free since they are of the older generation that ruined it for his generation and it's their fault the world he's forced to live in is so horrible. B) No spouse or other mouths to feed or to spend money on or for. This means every cent of his paychecks are his to spend as he see's fit. That includes blowing membership fee cash to a website for finding random sexual encounters and using it to push sociopolitical agenda's. Money for nothin and your chicks for free. C)His job allows him to spend his entire shift playing on his phone. AND they give him a full days pay to do it! Seriously, how freaking AMAZEBALLS is that??? Who would want to give that job up? D) He has loads of extra time to do with as he pleases. Novels, short stories, 3D modeling, HOLY COW! More AMAZEBALLS by the second!!! Why go out and get a second job when the remainder of your day is already full up of mind blowingly awesome shit to do?

We all should ENVY Roberts life people. I think that's what his real message here is. If he can do it with little to no training, anyone can.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
I will clarify for you Robert that this is MrsP. I am only a year older than you so I can say I am from your generation. I work in commercial property management. I did start off as a receptionist and over several years more and more duties were assigned to me. I ended up getting promoted and even more responsibility added. I don't have my real estate liscense or any commercial property management designations. I am still doing the job top to bottom. You seem to have nothing but a bunch of excuses about everything.

New Albany IN
Username hidden
(262 posts)
Wow.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19938 posts)
Well we're living here in Hazelton And they're closing all the factories down Out in Bethlehem they're killing time Filling out forms Standing in line. Well our fathers fought the Second World War Spent their weekends on the Jersey Shore Met our mothers at the USO Asked them to dance Danced with them slow And we're living here in Hazelton. But the restlessness was handed down And it's getting very hard to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay aaaaaaah aaahhhhh ooooooooh ooooooh ohhhhhhh. Well we're waiting here in Hazelton For the Pennsylvania we never found For the promises our teachers gave If we worked hard If we behaved. So the graduations hang on the wall But they never really helped us at all No they never taught us what was real Iron and coke, Chromium steel. And we're waiting here in Hazelton. But they've taken all the coal from the ground And the union people crawled awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaah. Every child had a pretty good shot To get at least as far as their old man got. but something happened on the way to that place They threw an American flag in our face, oh oh oh. Well I'm living here in Hazelton And it's hard to keep a good man down. But I won't be getting up todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaah.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 179   End
TOPIC: Robert's Dream World