Recipe Sharing : Swingers Discussion 1522681081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRecipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Holly, OMG, lol...some things are sacred, right : ). Sugar??!! I hear you guys about not doing anything new for Thanksgiving. I must have our traditional menu, but in addition I want to try this sausage and cranberry stuffing, as well as a different version of pumpkin pie. I'll post them soon.

Fun, girl...is there anything more satisfying, more happy making than pierogies?? Thank you!

Wow! I have several new slow cooker recipes to try. Thanks everyone!

Kat

Username hidden
(1164 posts)
Well, I was 16 so it truly was inappropriate. Lol. In my defense, my Mother only made mashed potatoes from scratch for Thanksgiving & Easter so it was a huge deal to me. In my Mother's defense, she raised me to always behave if I was a guest in someone's home and this picky eater has choked down some food that made me want to die inside. The problem was this was our home! And I was stunned to discover my beloved mashed potatoes ruined.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Holly, I just loved your story. I taught my kids manners. Really I did and most of the time they used them. One year I agreed to allow my cousin to help in the kitchen. I knew he only had a few years left to live and he was determined he wanted to have our kids taste some things the way our Grammie had made them. I should have warned the children that no matter what they thought to make nice. The dining room ended up full of exclamations. "Mom, what did you do to the gravy?" "Who in the heck made the stuffing, this isn't your stuffing?" and on and on even though I kept trying to give them the Mom Look. His feelings were visibly hurt and the next weekend I had to make Thanksgiving dinner for my kids all over again.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
I lived in Germany for 7 years of my childhood. My Mom loved to host huge Thanksgiving meals and invite our German friends & neighbors. One year a German friend offered to help my Mom cook. Unbeknownst to my Mom, She added sugar to my Mom's homemade mashed potatoes! It's been over 20 years and my Mom still loves to tell people about the inappropriate temper tantrum I threw when I tasted the "ruined" mashed potatoes.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Kat you gotta try this one!!!

Mock Pierogies - Crockpot 3 cans of white potatoes(or 4-6 med. to large raw potatoes) cut 1/2 inch slices 4 C. shredded Cheddar Cheese 8oz. Bow-ties pasta 1-1/2 sticks butter or marg. Cut in tab. And used to dot layers. 1 jar bacon bits salt and pepper to taste 1Cup onion,chopped fine

Cook the pasta till tender but not mushy. Layer the ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low while at work. Stir when you get home and serve. Half for 2 or three people.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
hehe Kat, you're gonna love it! Kids too... My kids are older and they loved the flavor, but younger kids might want less ginger. I was not gonna use it, but I'm glad I did, it gave it a unique flavor!

ChasnGwen - Same here, my kids would not like any change ups!! Always the traditional items, plus a few favs we've added over the years. We make the same recipes every year!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
LOL @ VA

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I would get whooped if I tried something new for Thanksgiving... and with family... that just isn't fun ;-)

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
What's that? You're on the cake course?

CAKEY BACON!

ww w.youtube.c om/watch?v=4M6qAMMqFhI

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18793 posts)
Bacon Cake - A real treat!

1 - Box White Cake Mix of choice 1 - Bottle of Real Maple Syrup 1 - Jar of peanut butter of choice 1 - Package of Bacon

Bake Bacon until crispy (baking is the only way to go!)

Grease and Flour rectangle Cake Pan (like a 9x12 or something like that?)

Drain, cool and crumble crispy bacon and layer in bottom of cake pan

Mix White Cake mix per instructions just before you pour over bacon, add 1 cup Maple syrup to cake mix Pour into cake pan over bacon Bake per cake mix instructions or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.

Let cool and turn out like up-side-down cake.

Glaze - Mix about a cup of peanut butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup in double boiler until mixed and creamy - drizzle over top of cake.

YUM, YUM, YUM - last cake I made back in February - it still is on my mind.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing